Around the NHL

Burmi on my bottom 3 list atm. Good thing for him the Moose suck.

Absurd. Unless your point is the bottom three of 12 very good players. He's even better than I hoped. Very defensively strong. Not taking chances to generate offense. That third line is very good.

Choice between Burni is Frolik right now is Burmi. Younger, cheaper, better contract and Burni is as defensively sound

Lol. Fro brought some O at least. Burmi is a guy who likes to hold on to the puck too long. He has 1 goal in to an empty net. Not sure he scores a 2nd. Burmi hasn't been good. Fancy Stats back that up. If you like guys who don't shoot and hold on to the puck too long... Burmi is your guy. He's probably an ideal 4th liner tho since he plays good d but that's all he does

Stafford has had a strong showing this season if you ask me.

Checking line, PK, PP...doing everything the coach is asking of him and not biatching about it. A good team player. No way I sign Fro to the contract the Flames did. Should have traded him at the deadline but that has been debated already.

Burmi has been okay, you're right tho, he is holding onto the puck too much....so is Petan but this is his first year.

Petan is a playmaker tho. Probably has created more scoring chances than Burmi but is playing with 2 guys who aren't real threats to score. Put petan with better players and you will see better results. The ducks are awful so far. Just terrible really. They can't score

He's not playing smart hockey at all. He's playing demoted to the moose hockey

Absurd. You're watching different games then the rest of us.
Nope I agree with Goalie no scoring threat from Burmi at all but is better defensively than I thought. Will shake out as fourth line guy tops. Petan has way more upside but Maurice is bringing him along slowly for now.

Wasn't Frolik getting 2nd line minutes with the club?   Frolik maxed out at what 42 points on the 2nd line with us?   Hardly a huge point getter IMO.    Ehlers will more then likely surpass that in his rookie season making a fraction of the price.    

As I said before....  Olli f'ning Jokinen had more points in a season then Frolik so does this mean we have to bring him back also and that it was a huge mistake for not over paying him?

Wasn't Frolik getting 2nd line minutes with the club? Frolik maxed out at what 42 points on the 2nd line with us? Hardly a huge point getter IMO. Ehlers will more then likely surpass that in his rookie season making a fraction of the price.

As I said before.... Olli f'ning Jokinen had more points in a season then Frolik so does this mean we have to bring him back also and that it was a huge mistake for not over paying him?

You can put Frolik anywhere in the lineup including pp and pk. Makes his linemates better that's a quote from Maurice. Jokinen was the worst free agent we ever signed no comparison. We hopefully replace Frolik by committee Ehler's offence Burmi's defence.

Burmistrov has been all over the ice handling his responsibilities. He was a good player before, but for Noel. It wouldn't surprise me for Burmi to keep trending upwards..

He has always had potential but has never been a good player in the NHL. Maybe being drafted so high has hurt him with expectations.

Burmistrov has been all over the ice handling his responsibilities. He was a good player before, but for Noel. It wouldn't surprise me for Burmi to keep trending upwards..

He has always had potential but has never been a good player in the NHL. Maybe being drafted so high has hurt him with expectations.

You guys are nuts...  never been a good player in the NHL come on now.    So you are saying Paul Maurice has zero judgement on talent and he had numerous guys who could of taken that spot on the club and since he is incompetent he simply plugged in Burmistrov because everyone else sucked?  

I can accept that he wasn't worthy of a early 1st round draft pick knock against him,  but to say he's a bad NHL player is ridiculous.  

Exactly correct Brandon. I'm with you. There are a few people who said Burmistrov sucked before the season even began and they want to push the idea that they were right even when all the evidence is to the contrary.

This isn't like starting Tanner Glass because we didn't have other options. Burmi is a very talented NHL player and having a solid season so far.

Burmi's still learning and after being drafted was thrown into the fire in Atlanta where there was no structure. When the team came here everyone saw a first round pick Russian to boot and thinks 50 goal scorer. Become Noel's whipping boy didn't like his situation a went back to Russia where nobody knows if that helped or hurt. He is back now with a coach who knows a little about coaching and is playing quite well in his role. Will he be a high end scorer,doesn't look like it, but if you take him for what he is which is good defensively can penalty kill and chip in with a goal or two then i'm happy with his play

Burmi is number 6, watch him tonight... watch him hold on to the puck too long, watch him not use his linemates properly, watch the play go back to our D zone when he gets the puck in the O zone and holds on to it way longer than he should...

It's gonna happen because it's happened every game this year

He's not awful, he's good defensively and that's all he ever will be, a good defensive player with absolutely zero upside in the O zone..

You can't score if you don't shoot the puck and you can't shoot the puck if you hold on to it too long

Fancy stats say burmi has not been that great this year. 

Watch him get that stick on the puck, in our zone, to interrupt a pass that could lead to a goal.

Watch him look for the safe play before he moves the puck out of zone or up the ice.

Watch him stick handle to keep possession in the offensive zone.

And his passes are there too.

He's becoming a more complete player. The goals and points will come. Maurice knows what he's got.

Goalie is right, he holds onto the puck too long and so does Petan.  Neither uses their line mates properly either....You would thi nk Burmi would be better at this and Petan is in his first year with smarts so you would hope he learns it in the next few years.