Around the NHL

So this happened last night ...

I know as die hard Winnipeg sports fans, we always feel like we are picked on by the men in stripes.  What gets me is the inconsistency from game to game and how if there is seemingly any grey, it sure feels like it goes against Winnipeg (either the Jets or the Bombers).  How is that goal allowed when the Blake Wheeler shorthanded effort the other day is erased and on top of it, Wheeler gets the penalty to put us down 2 men?

Here is the Wheeler play to refresh your memories:

Les Canadiens would love to have him. They have some really good prospects, too. The Capitals would probably trade for him too. They want to win now.

He has two cup rings, He's as tough as nails, has playoff experience and good leadership. I think a few teams would be interested in Ladd.

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Lawless waffles all the time. This week its Ladd has got to go.

Ladd has 2 cups, gritty, 20g/season guy. i think he would bring in a lot to a team that needs that experience.

So which team? Pretty much any top division team that has not won a cup. Florida, Dal, STL & Wash.

No way he's dealt to a Central team. 

33 minutes ago, Rich said:

Tip of the iceberg or isolated case? Always curious about the NHL and the use of PED's compared to other sports like baseball, cycling etc.

Having no real reliable hard data just makes this more of a conversation with speculative opinions, but interesting none the less.

If I had to make a pure speculative guess, I would say tip of the iceberg.  

With millions of dollars at stake for your career and the typical bullet proof mentality of 20-something year-olds, I would be shocked if PED use weren't rampant.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

With millions of dollars at stake for your career and the typical bullet proof mentality of 20-something year-olds, I would be shocked if PED use weren't rampant.

I agree but it's just no the young guys doing it, once you get into the lifestyle it's tough to give it up and they'll doing anything to be there career going even with the health risks as they get older, live for today mentality. 

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Horcoff is 37 years old