Around the NHL

Interesting.  His salary is $5.25M.   20 games is about 24% of the season.  Even if you take into account 16% escrow that they don't get up front the math doesn't work.  Wonder what the rules are for calculating what they forfeit.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Does total salary include bonuses he might have received up front?  Thus lowering his per-game salary....?

I thought of that.  I checked a few of the salary sites and they listed no bonuses.  I've also heard the data on those sites isn't as accurate since capgeek went away, so it is a possibility.

Just now, Stickem said:

Re-sign Buff.....adios Ladd for Hamonic ....possibly others involved is my guess...Something has to break soon to fix this train wreck of a season. 

Though Id love it, I have a hard time believing this team would have Toby, Buff, Trouba, Myers, Hamonic.  That's a hell of a D corp.

7 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Anyone think the NHLPA appeals the suspension that Wideman got, personally i think you have to protect the officials for the integrity of the game and the optics of the event looked bad but 20 games is a lot for something he may or may not done on purpose

Probably appeals due to length. Will try to get it dropped to 10 and claim the NHL cant judge on intent if they dont know intent.

If you don't uphold this, it's free rein (reign?) on the offiicials. Integrity of the game is right....you have to send a message. For me, personally, there is no fine/suspension/whatever stiff enough in this case. There HAS to be zero tolerance here or it's chaos...

Jets fans should hear the sorrow of Wild fans, they say the team has traded away most of it's draft picks, thinking they'd get to the final, now are not very good, and have no good players coming up, and no draft picks.

Jets seem to be in better shape than that.

go jets!

The integrity of the official's heads, arms, legs, torsos is what I'd be concerned about. Not to mention a possible side affect, some hate against that player's team from the refs.

Edited by Mark F