Overtaking the Lions & Alouettes

BigBlue

Do we make the playoffs this year?

We have beaten the Riders twice. Montréal once and Vancouver once. All of our victories have been against basement dwellers. So forget about the Grey Cup!

We will play Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto before the playoffs and so far we have had only one close game against them.

More importantly, we have games left against Montréal, Ottawa and BC. I don't know if we can win two or even three of those games.

Meanwhile, BC plays Calgary, Edmonton, Hamilton, Toronto as well as Regina and us on their home turf.

Montréal has Edmonton, Toronto, Hamilton, Ottawa, Regina in the last game of the season,  and us next Sunday.

If we can win all three games of our games against Montréal, Ottawa and BC wejust might  a chance to make the playoffs. 

If we beat BC, they might only win one more game this year (against the Rough Riders).

Conceivably Montréal could beat Ottawa, Regina and one of the top four teams. 

In that hypothetical, we win three more games, Montréal wins three more games, and Vancouver wins one more game:

BC would be 5 & 13.  We finish 7 & 11; , while Montréal would have the same 7 & 11 record, not enough to cross over ahead of us.

Does anyone think we can do better than that this year?

I can't see BC continuing to stumble all year, I bet they win a few more games yet. I think we need 5 more wins to get in. A really tall order, I know, but at least we have a pulse.

I can't see BC continuing to stumble all year, I bet they win a few more games yet. I think we need 5 more wins to get in. A really tall order, I know, but at least we have a pulse.

The stumbling is forecast to continue onward, they can't even make Andrew Harris look good.

It really depends if and when Willy can play again this year.

I disagree. We can win games with Nichols.

I think it'll take 4 more wins to make the playoffs. Let's say we beat Montreal, BC, Ottawa once and another win somewhere. It's definitely doable with Nichols and the D playing at a high level.

Montreal with Marsh and BC with Beck we can beat. Montreal with Cato/Crompton and BC with Lulay are both questionable games. I can't really see us beating anyone else unless the defense keeps playing how they did this week - which isn't sustainable. 

I think it'll take 4 more wins to make the playoffs. Let's say we beat Montreal, BC, Ottawa once and another win somewhere. It's definitely doable with Nichols and the D playing at a high level.

Montreal with Marsh and BC with Beck we can beat. Montreal with Cato/Crompton and BC with Lulay are both questionable games. I can't really see us beating anyone else unless the defense keeps playing how they did this week - which isn't sustainable.
Our D is getting better every week. Again, I disagree.

I believe that it is possible for us to win 4-5 more games this year, based on the defence continuing to play at a high level.  A couple of big Specialty team plays can swing a game as well.   So long as we have a QB that can get the ball downfield, the offence will be better because that threat also opens up the underneath stuff as well. 

I believe that it is possible for us to win 4-5 more games this year, based on the defence continuing to play at a high level. A couple of big Specialty team plays can swing a game as well. So long as we have a QB that can get the ball downfield, the offence will be better because that threat also opens up the underneath stuff as well.

This is a smart man here.

We've already beaten Cato. And have you watched Lulay play? BC is in some serious trouble going forward at the QB position. Lulay isn't what he used to be.

Our D is getting better every week. Again, I disagree.

ummm - our d was terrible on Labour Day - and don't give me the 'tired' excuse. If they got tired they go tired because they allowed too many 1st downs to a rookie, struggling QB and a RB who you knew was getting the ball. 

Our D is better than our O true - but that doesn't say much and is not anywhere near a powerhouse in this league. That being said - if all three facets are going we can win or at least be in games, even with the big boys

I would bet that if we hadn't scooped Nichols when we did (and for essentially nothing in return), he would be in either BC, Montreal or (shudder) Regina by now, and I am equally sure they would have paid more than we did. Nichols may not make us forget Willy, but this can be chalked up as "win" for Walters.