Odds and Sods - Game 10 - Winnipeg Blue Bombers

do or die

Subtitle: atypical LD debacle.

50 yd FG and blown direct snap by Riders....

...help Bombers to a early 10-0 lead...

Good teams take that kind of thing...and run with it

....that is ....good teams.....

Blue spinning wheels with dink and dink offense.....

While Bombers fans wait for the inevitable critical error

...which is never long in coming....

Demski waltzes right up the gut.... untouched 60 yd TD PR

When that sort of thing happens....good teams respond...

Good teams.....that is...

Only gave up a couple of sacks, today

Yes, Brohm completing a lot of passes.....

Too bad you would need 3 downs... to make 4-5 yd throws pay off....

Strong wind, need to establish the run?  think again...

Run blocking was terrible.....while trying to run right up the gut.....

Neufeld and Greaves just spinning their wheels out there....

Bomber D line getting some pressure......

Riders smart enough to use a lot of roll out......

...the Riders, that is.....

But hey, only down 13-10 at the half....

Time for the good ole halftime adjustments....

....by the Riders, that is....

...running the ball down our throats....again

Bomber D faded.... ending with 170 rush yds against

Lopsided TOP in that half...didn't help

Blue outscored 24-9 in 2nd half....wash, rinse, repeat....

Crucial roughing kicker penalty from Willie

...keeps 105 Rider TD alive....against the wind..

More penalties aid a followup Rider 90 yd TD drive....

17 (yup, 17) penalties to be exact....

Missed FG, shaky punting, bad short kick attempt....

Liriam having his struggles lately.

Calling the Bomber O....popgun

...is an insult to popguns....

Called this series against Riders...make or break

Well, this team is simply broken.....

Getting boned by a 0-9 team...

..with their #3 quarterback...

...and a HC in his first game....

Let us pull ole the excuse train....right off the track

Bombers have no discipline....

Not mentally sharp or tough....

Very poorly coached....from top to bottom

Adjustments are never made.....

Nobody rises to the occasion...

Nobody makes the crucial plays...

This is a bad football team, period.

Haven't been this angry, since about 2005....

Haven't drank this much gin, since about then..

The thing that really got me angry was O'Shea's post game interview where he said that he was disappointed the the D didn't respond better.  That if they are out on the field a lot then they need to rise to the challenge.  HELLO McFLY... did you happen to notice your offence out there??? You dump on the D for not rising to the challenge, but you fail to mention that there are 2 other groups out there sucking way worse that the D.  If I was Hall, I'd be in his face as soon as he left the dressing room.

I gave up on him right then and there.  Hiring a rookie GM who then hires a rookie head coach was a really dumb move,  Said it then, saying it again.  I'd hope a more experienced GM would take his HC aside, slap him upside the head and tell him to fix the stuff that's the most broken, namely the O and the ST.  

Sadly, I think they're going to try and limp along to season's end and then O'Shea will do his "soul seaching walk in the snow" moment in December and then, in January announce that, sadly, he's going to have to let MB go.  A whole repeat of the Etch fiasco.  And that means that we'll likely be stuck with Mr. "Gotta watch the film" for yet another year.

You pretty much summed up my thoughts, West.
Walters has no guts.  I can't stand listening to him talk, pondering and thinking so hard before stuttering out the most conservative answer he can possibly muster.  He's trying so hard to ACT professional and make us SEEM like a first class organization but he's not actually DOING much right.  We're all so used to such terrible leadership within this football club that it's getting easy to see another train rolling off the tracks and down a cliff.

The thing that really got me angry was O'Shea's post game interview where he said that he was disappointed the the D didn't respond better.  That if they are out on the field a lot then they need to rise to the challenge.  HELLO McFLY... did you happen to notice your offence out there??? You dump on the D for not rising to the challenge, but you fail to mention that there are 2 other groups out there sucking way worse that the D.  If I was Hall, I'd be in his face as soon as he left the dressing room.

I gave up on him right then and there.  Hiring a rookie GM who then hires a rookie head coach was a really dumb move,  Said it then, saying it again.  I'd hope a more experienced GM would take his HC aside, slap him upside the head and tell him to fix the stuff that's the most broken, namely the O and the ST.  

Sadly, I think they're going to try and limp along to season's end and then O'Shea will do his "soul seaching walk in the snow" moment in December and then, in January announce that, sadly, he's going to have to let MB go.  A whole repeat of the Etch fiasco.  And that means that we'll likely be stuck with Mr. "Gotta watch the film" for yet another year.

That's because the D sucked from the midpoint of the first quarter on, I really don't know which game some of you were watching?

That's because the D sucked from the midpoint of the first quarter on, I really don't know which game some of you were watching?

Ya, the D has clearly been the issue this year.  No issues with the offence at all.  I bow to the football acumen of the guy that wants MB to be the head coach.  

does anyone think that catch on 1 yard line was in bounds?  I sure didn't.

It was out of bounds but very close however it didn't have a huge impact on the Game

Again Special teams COST us the game the Punt return and the contacting the kicker penalties killed us

How many contacting the kicker penatlies have we since under MOS is it 5 ? To me there is no excuse for a contacting the kicker unless you are blocked in.