Grey Cup & Banjo Bowl Temporary Stands

Wade's genius pricing structure has predictably backfired.

Losing 3,000 seats x $150 per ticket is $450,000 in lost revenue.

I'm pretty sure there were way more people and factors involved into the pricing of these tickets than Wade sitting in his office with a pen and paper.

And you do mean potential revenue lost, right?

So, we lost the NHL outdoor game & now Grey Cup  tix aren't  selling. How much of this falls on Wade Miller?

I'm sure the NHL thing cannot be laid on any single entity alone. The timing schedule alone was a big factor.

But you can blame Miller if you want.

I'm pretty sure there were way more people and factors involved into the pricing of these tickets than Wade sitting in his office with a pen and paper.

So, we lost the NHL outdoor game & now Grey Cup tix aren't selling. How much of this falls on Wade Miller?

I'm sure the NHL thing cannot be laid on any single entity alone. The timing schedule alone was a big factor.

It's more fun to blame Wade.

People don't want to watch a Grey Cup game in Winnipeg at the end of November. It could be minu 30. If the Riders hadn't got to the GC in 2013 I wonder how many out of towners would've wanted to go to Regina? 

The Grey Cup in Regina in 2013 sold out by July 17th, a mere 3 weeks into the season.

44,000+ tickets.

finally some common sense enters the thread. Also the 1995 and 2003 grey cups which did NOT feature the riders drew over 50k fans each. Laugh at Sask all you guys want, but we support the cup when its here.

Well, I've got my tix, and I'm coming for the party. If the Bombers are in it, great...if not, gonna be a great time anyhow!

The only Grey Cup I've had the fortune of attending live was 09 in Calgary... and it was fantastic even without the 13th man ending. Just a totally different feeling to the game and it was well worth it. Anyone missing it because the home team isn't there is just nuts if you ask me. 

I've attended the Grey Cup every year for quite some time, and have been to the Grey Cup in every city, save Hamilton.  I've frozen my butt off in Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Winnipeg, and even last year in BC due to a cold air vent right above my seats, yet I keep coming back year after year, because it's a great event and I love the game.

I'm quite disappointed in the slow sales in my home city.  I have my 4 seats for this year in Winnipeg, and I'm flying my daughter home to go to the game with us.   There are plenty of reasons to slag Regina, and plenty of reasons why they are not my favourite Grey Cup destination, but the local fans there definitely support their Grey Cup hosting events better than we do.

Come on Bomber fans, time to step up and support the league, the team, the city!    BTW, hotel websites show very few rooms left in Winnipeg, so the out-of-towners are stepping up, its the locals that need to fill the park!

Well, I've got my tix, and I'm coming for the party. If the Bombers are in it, great...if not, gonna be a great time anyhow!

The only Grey Cup I've had the fortune of attending live was 09 in Calgary... and it was fantastic even without the 13th man ending. Just a totally different feeling to the game and it was well worth it. Anyone missing it because the home team isn't there is just nuts if you ask me. 

100% bang on post. For anyone who hasn't gone, get a dam ticket. The 2003 grey cup is one of my favorites. Wasn't a empty seat in Taylor field, 50909 fans and we cheered the Eskimos on to victory, ya I still throw up in my mouth a bit when I think about it. It was a blast. Obviously would have been better if Riders were there, but we had a ton of fun, was well worth it. NTM you are supporting the Bombers by buying a ticket as the money goes to team.

So, we lost the NHL outdoor game & now Grey Cup tix aren't selling. How much of this falls on Wade Miller?

On a fan message board too, right?

The ending of that game was oh so great!  I loved being surrounded by crying Rider fans.  As those idiots were all celebrating, I was yelling "too many men! Too many men!"

HAHAHAHAHA.  Made that whole trip very worth while.  We even passed a bus full of Rider fans on the way home the next day and put the front page of the Calgary Herald in our car window for all the rider fans to see as we blared the horn on the way by!!

On a fan message board too, right?

Uh yea, that's what this so yea. Not sure what point you're trying to make here.

The ending of that game was oh so great!  I loved being surrounded by crying Rider fans.  As those idiots were all celebrating, I was yelling "too many men! Too many men!"

HAHAHAHAHA.  Made that whole trip very worth while.  We even passed a bus full of Rider fans on the way home the next day and put the front page of the Calgary Herald in our car window for all the rider fans to see as we blared the horn on the way by!!

The ******* gappers were annoying the entire day leading up to the game, but you could literally hear every single one of their hearts breaking when the ref called the penalty. Even better was the one lone Als fan a few rows behind me losing his mind at the win. The Bombers need to hurry up and win a Grey Cup because I want to be that happy about a win. 

I've been to about 12 Grey Cups. I've travelled all over the country and sat in all kinds of weather to watch all kinds of teams I barely cared about play in the game. That being said, I don't have tickets to this years game and don't plan too.

There isn't one big reason I'm not going but the pricing doesn't help. To buy my seasons for the Coupe and take the wife and the boy (neither would have been pleased with being excluded) would have been $900. That's a lot of money for a family. We all have to make our own budgetary decisions and maybe others would have had bought the tickets. But one afternoon watching Hamilton vs Edmonton in potential minus 20 at almost the cost of half a trip to Disneyland didn't work for me. And that's coming from a guy who has spent thousands and thousands of $$$ so the CFL product over the years.

Had the tickets been $200 instead of $300 would I have considered it more strongly? Maybe. If the Bombers were a legit contender would that have changed my decision? Maybe. But neither is the case, and as much as I feel kind of guilty not going I probably won't.

I also don't have a lot of hope for some huge last minute walk up. I think people have made their decision. You'll probably see corporations and sponsors buy a bunch of tickets to make it respectable. But with the Bombers and Riders all but out it won't be regular joes.

Then again if they land the Biebs for half time ya never know.

The ******* gappers were annoying the entire day leading up to the game, but you could literally hear every single one of their hearts breaking when the ref called the penalty. Even better was the one lone Als fan a few rows behind me losing his mind at the win. The Bombers need to hurry up and win a Grey Cup because I want to be that happy about a win. 

Nice.  Our group was actually singing every French word associated with football we knew...Touche! Touche!  Premier Este (or something like that.  means first down)

We already look bad on the field, and now we can't sell out a grey cup. Winnipeg continues to astound.

Pathetic. And yes, I agree it falls on the big boss. Turning away the winter classic over two months after the Grey cup is pure genius.

If we miss the playoffs again, blow it up.

5 rookie had coaches in a row. And first time gm's and old buddies aren't helping.

The ending of that game was oh so great! I loved being surrounded by crying Rider fans. As those idiots were all celebrating, I was yelling "too many men! Too many men!"

HAHAHAHAHA. Made that whole trip very worth while. We even passed a bus full of Rider fans on the way home the next day and put the front page of the Calgary Herald in our car window for all the rider fans to see as we blared the horn on the way by!!

Nice. Our group was actually singing every French word associated with football we knew...Touche! Touche! Premier Este (or something like that. means first down)

I can't remember a game I had more fun at.

Maybe those one or two wins at home over the last 10 years!

I've been to about 12 Grey Cups. I've travelled all over the country and sat in all kinds of weather to watch all kinds of teams I barely cared about play in the game. That being said, I don't have tickets to this years game and don't plan too.

There isn't one big reason I'm not going but the pricing doesn't help. To buy my seasons for the Coupe and take the wife and the boy (neither would have been pleased with being excluded) would have been $900. That's a lot of money for a family. We all have to make our own budgetary decisions and maybe others would have had bought the tickets. But one afternoon watching Hamilton vs Edmonton in potential minus 20 at almost the cost of half a trip to Disneyland didn't work for me. And that's coming from a guy who has spent thousands and thousands of $$$ so the CFL product over the years.

Had the tickets been $200 instead of $300 would I have considered it more strongly? Maybe. If the Bombers were a legit contender would that have changed my decision? Maybe. But neither is the case, and as much as I feel kind of guilty not going I probably won't.

I also don't have a lot of hope for some huge last minute walk up. I think people have made their decision. You'll probably see corporations and sponsors buy a bunch of tickets to make it respectable. But with the Bombers and Riders all but out it won't be regular joes.

Then again if they land the Biebs for half time ya never know.

This is bang on. 

My seats in Sec 103 we're $399 each so the thought of spending almost $1,000 when you add it all up (including the wife coming) to watch say Hamilton vs Edmonton in 0 to -20 degrees is something I just can't justify.  And I love Grey Cups and been to 5 over the last 8 years or so.

Hell, we just went to Vegas for 4 nights and stayed at Ceasers and it cost us $1,500 all in.  When 4 hours at a Grey Cup costs almost as much as a trip to Vegas I just can't do it.

I'll still attend all events...already have tickets to TD Manitoba, Spirit of Edmonton Breakfast, etc. 

12 weeks to go. Personally I haven't heard or seen much advertising. Wait till labour day and see what happens

Should be sold out already.

If we can't sell out a grey cup quickly....or at all.....dont expect to get another for a long time. ....regardless of who is playing

@friesensunmedia: #Bombers have quietly reduced capacity for 103rd Grey Cup, to 36,634. North end temporary stands scrapped. Just 25,576 tics sold.

What is it with the Grey Cup sales the last couple years?! BC struggled to sell tickets last year (it wasn't until right before the game that they actually got to 50K) and now this one is half full. I remember when the Grey Cup sold almost right away upon beginning of sales to the general public. Strange.