Weak Links - Players edition.

Goalie

Pretty simple topic I think. Let's leave the coaches out of this.. but as far as on field goes... who are the weak links out there?

In my view it starts with the oline.

Picard- can't block. Inconsistent snaps.

Neufeld -looked lost on every play

On D, honestly think they are getting better but one guy who seemingly gets beat consistently is Matt Bucknor. Got beat on the long TD.

Common theme here... Canadians.

I'd have said Hurl a couple weeks ago but he's been pretty decent

Jace daniels got manhandled on a few occasions last night,

Bucknor was burned a few times. Leggett didn't give him any help over top on the one TD he got burned on.

would be nice if a DL other then Westerman could get to the QB...

Calling Muamba and Bilukidi!!!

Adams-Washington-Leggett-Johnson-Randle

Bass-Littlejohn-Sherman

Gibson-Collins/Anderson-Thomas/Turner-Westerman

Not a bad line up but the problem is we'd need Thomas and Westerman on the field full time if we want to maintain 3 NI on D... a crazy thought/suggestion... Waggoner or Newman at DIME.... we saw Sherman there last year...

even crazier thought.... Sherman at Safety with Leggett at DIME...

Who do you want to be in for Paris Cotton - Da'rel Scott or Tyler Thomas?

I'd like to see what Scott can do... I know that technically gives us a thunder/thunder combo... but whatever, even if both guys give a similar skill set it would still help to wear down defenses... can't believe I'll use the Riders as an example... but look at the success they were having with the Messam/Allen combo...

Nick Moore.

I'm talking more about the RB position. Cotton will be out definitely. So I'm guessing Marshall will be the starter. We carried 2 import RBs since Day 1, so who will be the 2nd RB this Friday?

Moore will probably be back this week and I'm hoping Adams is good to go so they can go 4 Imp rec.

At this point, I think I'll sit Stoudermire and give back the return assignment to Veltung.

Nick Moore.

I'm talking more about the RB position. Cotton will be out definitely. So I'm guessing Marshall will be the starter. We carried 2 import RBd since Day 1, so who will be the 2nd RB this Friday?

Moore will probably be back this week and I'm hoping Adams is good so they can go 4 Imp rec.

Normand for Bastien.  Moore for Cotton.  I'd only put a 2nd import RB on if Stoudermire is coming off the roster.  Marshall has shown over the last three weeks that he can handle being an every down back, Normand can play a few snaps and be available if Marshall goes down.  I think they'll put Scott on though.

I'd like to see what Scott can do... I know that technically gives us a thunder/thunder combo... but whatever, even if both guys give a similar skill set it would still help to wear down defenses... can't believe I'll use the Riders as an example... but look at the success they were having with the Messam/Allen combo...

I hope to see Scott there too but Thomas has KR skills so I'm guessing that might get him the nod. Messam & Allen is a bigger version of thunder and lightning combo.

Pretty simple topic I think. Let's leave the coaches out of this.. but as far as on field goes... who are the weak links out there?

On D, honestly think they are getting better but one guy who seemingly gets beat consistently is Matt Bucknor. Got beat on the long TD.

I wish we'd have gone after Rene Curran & signed him instead of this assinine  "We have to play a Canadian at MLB" mentality. Your MLB sets the tone for the rest of the defense. if he's soft then the rest of the defense is soft. What we have now isn't good enough. If Curran's out there still available we need to bring him in. Pay him & be done with it.

Stoudermire should sit, just not as good as we thought

Leggatt, he forgot how to play safety maybe hb for him

Neufeld, yesterday's game proves he's not a guard

If we lose the next three games let the auditions start

Goosen lets see if he is our centre of the future

Neufeld put him at right tackle

Teague or Newman at satety

Wagonner at wil 

Find a mlb and a rush end and keep a fb in to block

I wish we'd have gone after Rene Curran & signed him instead of this assinine "We have to play a Canadian at MLB" mentality. Your MLB sets the tone for the rest of the defense. if he's soft then the rest of the defense is soft. What we have now isn't good enough. If Curran's out there still available we need to bring him in. Pay him & be done with it.
If Curran wanted to play in the CFL or football right now he would on a team.

What is wrong with Stoudermire? He doesn't seem to have the speed and explosiveness he did last season.

Trying too hard to make something happen .. best returners make one move and get up field .. he's dancing around too much or thinking he can get outside of everyone (his blocking included) to make a play.

Never should have taken Veltung off returns.  Case of fixing something that wasn't broke.

I wish we'd have gone after Rene Curran & signed him instead of this assinine  "We have to play a Canadian at MLB" mentality. Your MLB sets the tone for the rest of the defense. if he's soft then the rest of the defense is soft. What we have now isn't good enough. If Curran's out there still available we need to bring him in. Pay him & be done with it.

Hurl is a total "Mr In-Between", doesn't have the speed to get after the QB effectively and doesn't have the power to make an impact on the ball-carrier, he is the very definition of mediocre. 

I think Stoudemire is still good, last week he had a nice return which set up the willy to adams TD but... at times it looks like he has very little blocking or if he does have blocking, they are more in the way than making holes for him, tough to tell on TV since you don't get the over head angle but i'd suspect he has very little room to actually do anything. 

Don't get the HURL ripping, i'd get it the first couple games but the last few he's been solid, he's not a bighill or elimimian, he's not a henoc or anything like that but the guy does make plays out there, had a very solid hustle play last night, went for the blitz i believe, didn't get it in time, collaros passed the ball off, the tackle on that play was made by HURL, almost immediately really. He's been getting better, i know people look at stats and all that but... i don't think the stats tell you the whole story... pretty tough to get on any of the LBS after last night, ticats only had what? 55 yards rushing? That's a damn good day really.  I don't think he's your prototypical middle linebacker either, i'm not sure, but... when i think Middle Linebacker i think run stopper really but.. it seems HURL is being used more in blitz packages which leaves BASS to come in and get all the glory stats. I dunno tho but thought HURL has been pretty good the last few weeks now. 

Or i guess, I'll say it like this, I don't think HURL is the biggest problem on D, i think the biggest problem on D is our Canadian DB..

I'll say this much, If i was to take out a Canadian starter on D, It wouldn't be Hurl or Westerman that's for sure. 

Hurl is a total "Mr In-Between", doesn't have the speed to get after the QB effectively and doesn't have the power to make an impact on the ball-carrier, he is the very definition of mediocre. 

If Rene Curran has any interest to come back to the CFL. He should be signed by any team already. I know he's a baller and teams should make a room for a player like him.

Him asking for a ridiculuous $$$ says to me that he has a little to no interest to comes back in the CFL.