Weak Links - Players edition.

Goalie

To keep things in perspective- Richie Hall's defence is performing well, especially considering the liabilities (Hurl, Leggett, Bucknor) he is saddled with, so that leaves the offensive offense and special teams. There may be an argument about how well we can do in Willy's absence but there is no possible excuse for the special-teams cock-ups we have seen this year.

To keep things in perspective- Richie Hall's defence is performing well, especially considering the liabilities (Hurl, Leggett, Bucknor) he is saddled with, so that leaves the offensive offense and special teams. There may be an argument about how well we can do in Willy's absence but there is no possible excuse for the special-teams cock-ups we have seen this year.

K.. Wait. Wut? Leggett a liability? Is there something im missing here?

Not sure how they shut it down at the half. Collaros was still in and was looking for big plays. They didn't shut it down. It was more our D stepped up. Hamilton was blitzing late in to the 4th quarter. I think if you spoke to Austin and told him the ticats shut it Down at half, he'd slap you and tell you that you have no clue what you are talking about.

Agree with what u are saying. Austin never shuts it down. If he was calling off the dogs he would have pulled Collaros out of the game.

Yeah Austin is the kind of ******* who would love to win a game 62-0, there is no way his team shuts it down. Hell after the back to back picks he basically went and bitched slapped everyone on offense for it.

Killer instinct is a huge advantage in a coach. Never fun to be on the receiving end of those games. Jones in Edm is the same way, the esks are going to pound you with that dline for 60 minutes, no mercy.

it absolutely is. Those two are guys who not only want to beat you they want to beat you into a bloody pulp and make you question everything about your team. There is no letting up for them, you just play your hardest every single snap of the game doesn't matter the score is.

To be honest with you, I thought O'Shea would be that kind of coach when you guys hired him. Mike was ultra mean on the field when he played. A guy you always wanted to keep an eye on. I figured a O'Shea coached team would be a mean group. Not insulting the Bombers and saying they aren't tough or anything, but that really hasn't been o shea's style a head coach. Even on special teams in Toronto he was mean and had a fiery unit when he coached there.

I think o'shea is first building a team that fights for themselves and each other. This is why he tries to keep the yelling to behind closed doors.. To show he has their backs. He wants everyone to fight together, with each other. I also think hes very much against stupid penalties. He wants his guys to play hard as hell thru the whistles. This is what ive gleamed from observation anyway.

It might be time to open up a can of whoopass though and grab facemasks and really get pissed the fk off.. Its not a country club atmosphere yet but its not a tight ship by any imagination..

Not sure how they shut it down at the half. Collaros was still in and was looking for big plays. They didn't shut it down. It was more our D stepped up. Hamilton was blitzing late in to the 4th quarter. I think if you spoke to Austin and told him the ticats shut it Down at half, he'd slap you and tell you that you have no clue what you are talking about.

Agree with what u are saying. Austin never shuts it down. If he was calling off the dogs he would have pulled Collaros out of the game.

Yeah Austin is the kind of ******* who would love to win a game 62-0, there is no way his team shuts it down. Hell after the back to back picks he basically went and bitched slapped everyone on offense for it. 

Killer instinct is a huge advantage in a coach. Never fun to be on the receiving end of those games. Jones in Edm is the same way, the esks are going to pound you with that dline for 60 minutes, no mercy. 

it absolutely is. Those two are guys who not only want to beat you they want to beat you into a bloody pulp and make you question everything about your team. There is no letting up for them, you just play your hardest every single snap of the game doesn't matter the score is. 

To be honest with you, I thought O'Shea would be that kind of coach when you guys hired him. Mike was ultra mean on the field when he played. A guy you always wanted to keep an eye on. I figured a O'Shea coached team would be a mean group. Not insulting the Bombers and saying they aren't tough or anything, but that really hasn't been o shea's style a head coach. Even on special teams in Toronto he was mean and had a fiery unit when he coached there.  

Honestly I think he is but maybe his assistant coaches aren't and he's not really a meddling type. Ritchie Hall has been a pretty passive defensive coordinator for a while and Bellefool is soft as baby **** on offence. He's sort of hamstrung because with how many coaches the team has fired no one wants to coach here. 

Our team is simply not mean enough, tough enough, or coached up enough...... to run with Hamilton and Edmonton, yet

And gosh darn it, people dont like us!

Just slap them around....and make them like it...

The beatings will continue until morale improves

Our team is simply not mean enough, tough enough, or coached up enough...... to run with Hamilton and Edmonton, yet

And gosh darn it, people dont like us!

Just slap them around....and make them like it...

The beatings will continue until morale improves

But..

Stuart Smalley tho...

Honestly I think he is but maybe his assistant coaches aren't and he's not really a meddling type. Ritchie Hall has been a pretty passive defensive coordinator for a while and Bellefool is soft as baby **** on offence. He's sort of hamstrung because with how many coaches the team has fired no one wants to coach here. 

It sure does seem like that based on their overall play to date. Very conservative.

Does he have the players that fit into his preferred system? Maybe he's being passive because he's adjusting the system to what he has available. 

It sure does seem like that based on their overall play to date. Very conservative.

Does he have the players that fit into his preferred system? Maybe he's being passive because he's adjusting the system to what he has available. 

This isn't Ritchie Halls first go round as a defensive coordinator. He's got lots of history and my memory of his defenses are not ones that terrorize you with all sorts of aggressive pressure. 

This isn't Ritchie Halls first go round as a defensive coordinator. He's got lots of history and my memory of his defenses are not ones that terrorize you with all sorts of aggressive pressure. 

That Brackenridge blitz that takes 20 minutes to unfold, that is when Brack's not offside, that leaves the middle wide open for a long TD, that fools no one, was a benchmark that still lingers from Hall's defence. I've met Hall, he is awesome, there is nothing about football he does not know. He is conservative to a fault. Biggest beef that the fans had with him here was he was unwilling to get aggressive and blitz and clamp down on the those late game backbreaking drives.

Just a question for those who actually know the numbers...

Taking out the 2 hamilton games, how many sacks have we allowed? 

And then

Taking out the Edmonton game also... how many sacks have we allowed?

I'm curious about this because... those 2 teams play similar type of D where everyone else.. not so much..

Just curious what the numbers look like sacks against wise if you removed both hamitlon games and the one Edmonton game? Anyone have any idea? 

Just a question for those who actually know the numbers...

Taking out the 2 hamilton games, how many sacks have we allowed? 

And then

Taking out the Edmonton game also... how many sacks have we allowed?

I'm curious about this because... those 2 teams play similar type of D where everyone else.. not so much..

Just curious what the numbers look like sacks against wise if you removed both hamitlon games and the one Edmonton game? Anyone have any idea? 

Why would you take 40% of the games we've played out of the equation and compare that with numbers from other teams?  That makes no sense.  Everyone has to play those teams.

In fact, before last week Hamilton was only 4th for overall sacks.

Edm - 17

Mtl - 12

Ott - 12

Ham - 11

SK - 11

Cal - 11

BC - 9 

Tor - 8

Wpg - 7

Now through all those sacks they got against us and Hamilton will vault right up there on the leaderboard.   

curious, but ultimately meaningless. The CFL is a copy cat league and teams should know that blitzing the bombers hard = wins so I'd expect everyone starts coming after them. That's what happened to them last year. Book on how to beat them was out and everyone did it. 

You wondering if things look better if you take our 3 worst games against the best defenses out of the stats? #HAHA I'll go out on a limb and say way better. Of course it doesn't matter because you can't take 3 out of 7 games out of the stats.

a) why you laughing for? simple question... didnt say why he wanted info other then curiousity.. besides, thats the beauty of stats... you can do whatever you want with em..

b ) you are so are so not cool enough to hash tag in a post.. yeesh.