Blue Jays

nate007

In 35 years, I've seen some crazy **** happen watching sports. But I have never....EVER.....seen anything that rivals the 7th inning of that game. Very very glad I was sitting at home watching it.

I enjoyed those last three innings so much that I watched the replay again later on Sportsnet One. As intense as that game was, I honestly think the best is yet to come. The Royals and the Jays hate each other with a passion. The last time they played it was a total war, with both sides throwing at each other's heads. It's a good thing Donaldson can duck or he'd be still in rehab, as they were chucking at his melon all game. I expect a few bench-clearings and more insanity for sure. Baseball is a crazy game. I hope that we get a better commentating crew this round as well. That guy with the comment that Canadians can't catch foul balls was really getting on my nerves.

Harold Reynolds is a ******* moron. That guy gets on my last nerves. And adding to the KC/Jays rivalry, the KC regional broadcast team was calling the Jays "a beer-league softball team" earlier this year, apparently because they hit so many home runs. Lame.
that was Dallas Braden ESPN baseball tonight analyst

The Blue Jays don't represent me for sure. I have not seen a bigger bunch of whiners in my life in Bautista and Edwin. Every strike call they are complaining. They wonder why don't get calls some times. Martin is also not a favorite of mine basically gave Baseball Canada the middle finger last time the World Baseball Classic was on.

Not a baseball fan, however, is it normal in baseball to pull out the champagne and act like you've won it all every time you win a big game? I may be wrong but I'm sure the Jays have done this 3 times this year. This is the only sport I know of that celebrates like this when you have yet to win a championship. Just watched the Royals win and seemed a bit more subdued. Correct me if I am wrong, and I may be. They just seem like a bunch of clowns.

This is the first time since 1993 that they've made it to the AL Championship series. Of course they're excited.

No a fan of this team, just seems like they argue every call on the field, every third strike, whine to the media when they lose and as much as the media might think just because they play in Toronto there not Canada's team.

u might not like the jays but they showed parties across the country going on. You dont speak for canada

Not a baseball fan, however, is it normal in baseball to pull out the champagne and act like you've won it all every time you win a big game? I may be wrong but I'm sure the Jays have done this 3 times this year. This is the only sport I know of that celebrates like this when you have yet to win a championship. Just watched the Royals win and seemed a bit more subdued. Correct me if I am wrong, and I may be. They just seem like a bunch of clowns.

This is the first time since 1993 that they've made it to the AL Championship series. Of course they're excited.

No a fan of this team, just seems like they argue every call on the field, every third strike, whine to the media when they lose and as much as the media might think just because they play in Toronto there not Canada's team.

u might not like the jays but they showed parties across the country going on. You dont speak for canada
Lol, they don't set up cameras in homes of those who dont care. I assure you, the quick shots of parties/bars don't speak for Canada.

So Friday, the Bomber game starts at 6:30 (TSN), the Jets game starts at 7 (TSN3), and the Jays game starts at 7:07 (SN).

Not sure if this is a bad thing or the greatest thing ever...

Reminds me of the first time the Jays made the playoffs in 1985.  They were playing the Royals that year too.  We had the portable TV on top of the old Westinghouse wood-frame TV, so we could watch baseball and hockey simultaneously.  Awe the good old days...

Your right i don't but the media in Toronto would have you believe that every one is a die hard Blue Jays fan. Up until this year i would say that even in Toronto they really didn't care about the Blue Jays, they could hardly fill the Rogers Centre. They tried the same thing with the basketball team last year until they went out 4 straight and then dumped on them. Again just because there's 1 pro baseball team in Canada doesn't make them Canada's team. 

Oh there's no question, this is 75% bandwagon fans.....no doubt at all. But hey, it's a National Pride thing. Like when Hockey Canada ices a team at the Olys or World Jrs or whatever. It's just nice to get the whole country behind something for even a short time...

Oh there's no question, this is 75% bandwagon fans.....no doubt at all. But hey, it's a National Pride thing. Like when Hockey Canada ices a team at the Olys or World Jrs or whatever. It's just nice to get the whole country behind something for even a short time...

I get it everybody's a Blue Jay fan at the moment and that's great every one should cheer for who they want to but please don't compare the pride of a bunch of Canadian's playing and representing their country, to a southern ontario baseball team that has maybe 2 canadians on the team, i mean you got idiots on tv calling it the greatest sporting event ever.

But why look for a way to fight it? What's wrong with being a little more Nationalistic? I wish everyone would look for more opportunities to care more about Canada and the things that represent us. Like it or not, they're the only Canadian-based team, so they do represent us...and I'm always for anything that joins us all together.

But why look for a way to fight it? What's wrong with being a little more Nationalistic? I wish everyone would look for more opportunities to care more about Canada and the things that represent us. Like it or not, they're the only Canadian-based team, so they do represent us...and I'm always for anything that joins us all together.

Something that joins us all together is enjoying putting on over on our extremely arrogant neighbours to the south.  And from the tone of the announcers, they are none too happy about a Canadian team being close to winning the big prize.  "World Series" my ass. Only Americans would be arrogant enough to call their final the "World Series".  So let's at least make it an "international Series".  Yeah, most of the boys aren't from Canada.  But they sure do seem to love it here, and love the fans.  I've never seen an MLB team come out to celebrate with the fans after winning a game.  That was amazing.

You don't really believe all of the United States baseball media does Not want Jays in. I listen to MLB radio on a daily basis and the guys they have on Casey Stern Jim Duquette Mad Dog Mike Ferhin Jim Bowden Steve Phillips etc, every one have more than complementary to the Jays and have gone out of there way to be complentary to what Anthopolous has done.

Im also confident that the fact they are the only team from canada in mlb that makes em canadas team. fact they are in toronto just is a throw in as it is one of the few markets americans actually know of..

Frankly, the displeasure being voiced in here about the jays is kinda sad. we only have one team to follow.. they have played insanely good this year.. give respect where respect is due.

You don't really believe all of the United States baseball media does Not want Jays in. I listen to MLB radio on a daily basis and the guys they have on Casey Stern Jim Duquette Mad Dog Mike Ferhin Jim Bowden Steve Phillips etc, every one have more than complementary to the Jays and have gone out of there way to be complentary to what Anthopolous has done.

Not all of them. Of course not. But there is a sense that the Jays are not really welcome in what the Americans consider their sport. I don't think it's just me who feels this way either. When the Ump allowed that third Ranger run on that screwed up play by Martin, the entire crowd was chanting "Fix! Fix! Fix!"

I would say 99% of them are not. It shows how much baseball Canadians watch because they would know that national fox crew is pretty terrible no matter if its Blue Jays Rangers or Brewers Reds. Hey Joe Buck is in for this series so it should balance the irrational fears with both teams fans that the announcers hate them.