Blue Jays

nate007

Hello no. Price 6 strowman game 7* - considering the jays were 1 bad inning from being up 3-2 right now (kcs 5-0 gm1 & 14-2 gm4 were all kc) I dont think its impossible for the jays to win 2 and move on. If thats the case tho our bullpen wont get much of a rest after gm7 and the mets will be rested having swept the cubs. But at this point if kc starts lighting up price, do what u need to do and maybe get estrada in gm7 if you need to use stro early

I was joking.

All I asked for was meaningful September ball, and I got all that and more this season. Congrats on an extremely fun season. Looking forward to next spring, but for now, it's hockey and curling and the tail end of CFL!!

All I asked for was meaningful September ball, and I got all that and more this season. Congrats on an extremely fun season. Looking forward to next spring, but for now, it's hockey and curling and the tail end of CFL!!

Yup. I'm disappointed, but it was fun.

Still lots of sports to keep me entertained. Go Riders, Broncos, Oilers, Penguins, and Sea Dogs! 

Im still baffled by something that doesnt seem to be mentioned (or maybe I missed it).. everyone can look at leaving runner on 3rd with no outs as deathblow (and arguement can be made to support it) however when Cain was on 1st (not considered in "scoring position" and score was 3-3, when the double was hit why was the ball thrown to 2nd (then relayed to home) instead of throwing to pitcher area or home outright and holding Cain at 3rd? Cain is fast but once that ball was headed to 2nd he got the green light to round 3rd and ultimately unchallenged by a late throw to the plate.  I was always taught that the runners next base is your cutoff man to prevent further damage after giving up a clean hit.  a runner on 1st should be expected to take 3rd, but why was there no urgency to protect home from the throw in? Ive watched bautista pick off a guy at 3rd and home plate from right field in the same game so its not due to lack of arm strength. was this a f*** up or am I not seeing the logic in the throw to 2nd in this case? 

Im still baffled by something that doesnt seem to be mentioned (or maybe I missed it).. everyone can look at leaving runner on 3rd with no outs as deathblow (and arguement can be made to support it) however when Cain was on 1st (not considered in "scoring position" and score was 3-3, when the double was hit why was the ball thrown to 2nd (then relayed to home) instead of throwing to pitcher area or home outright and holding Cain at 3rd? Cain is fast but once that ball was headed to 2nd he got the green light to round 3rd and ultimately unchallenged by a late throw to the plate.  I was always taught that the runners next base is your cutoff man to prevent further damage after giving up a clean hit.  a runner on 1st should be expected to take 3rd, but why was there no urgency to protect home from the throw in? Ive watched bautista pick off a guy at 3rd and home plate from right field in the same game so its not due to lack of arm strength. was this a f*** up or am I not seeing the logic in the throw to 2nd in this case? 

When Revere lead off the game with a double and they didn't sacrifice Donaldson (and ultimately didn't score Revere), I said to  myself "they're going to lose this game by one run". In a game of that magnitude, every run counts, and they messed up right from the start.

I laughed...apparently in the year-end meeting, the first thing Shapiro did was give AA **** for trading away their entire future. Cupboards are pretty bare now, after AA sold his soul for a World Series. AA apparently wanted total autonomy for 5 years, and Shapiro laughed at him, so that was that. Those two were not going to be able to get along.

Im curious who these prospects were and why our cupboards are bare now? I know we gave up a couple for Donaldson but c'mon now AL MVP and he's young,  he could be a jay for years to come. If anything I would have said the moves AA made this year (about damn time) saved his job, as reported he was offered 1yr extention in july then after the moves he made offered a 2 year then 4year. I think this has more to do with the relationship between AA and Shapiro then the jays not making the WS. 

The Jays offered him a 4 year deal so clearly his fate wasnt sealed by not making the world series.

He chose to leave... And if the reports, about getting chewed out in your 1st and only meeting with your new boss, are true, then I would be reluctant to come back too.

There's a lot of young talent that he gave up but i'll name just 2. Noah Syndergaard and Daniel Norris. It's great that Donaldson is MVP but can he pitch. Again AA knew that his job was on the line and it was World Series or pack my bags, so he went all in to show the brass that knew what he doing and he should get total autonomy to run the club. In the end he gambled with the teams future and lost and Shapiro make it impossible for him to stay on. It would have been a different story if they would have gone to the World Series and potentially won.

The Jays offered him a 4 year deal so clearly his fate wasnt sealed by not making the world series.

He chose to leave... And if the reports, about getting chewed out in your 1st and only meeting with your new boss, are true, then I would be reluctant to come back too.

So who offered AA the extension, it wouldn't be Beeston because he was essentially neutered, and it wouldn't be incoming president Shapiro he currently works for another team. 

It was the young Rogers kid that did it...effectively the CEO of the organization......but AA turned it down. Wanted 7 years and full autonomy, apparently, and they were only willing to give 4 or 5, I think I read. And man, if you don't know how much AA gave up in the David Price deal, you need to go and check. AA sold his soul to the devil for a chance to win a WS and it didn't pan out. And the grand irony is, it was the prized pick-up Price (who they paid the most for...) that didn't deliver. And he's likely to bolt during this off-season as well. So THAT, in a nutshell, is why AA got chewed out by Shapiro...

Price not a fan of Yankees. I'd say Cubs are a good bet to offer him money. Guy wants to win tho so who knows. Money matters but.... winning to price might mean more.

Jays are screwed tho now. They probably won't compete for a while unless they do sign Price and Estrada and Stroman becomes a bigger star.