Blue Jays

nate007

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I was watching the celebration in the Jays locker room and it was like they had won the World Series.  All they managed to do was get into the Wild Card and they are acting like they've already won.  Celebrate when you win the big one guys.  This is just the start.

And lucky to get in after everyone had given them 1st place a while back.

10 hours ago, bustamente said:

Lose the WC game and Shapiro will dismantle the team, he may not have a choice as certain players are as good as gone.

This is absolutely the last kick at the can for this incarnation of the team. Encarnacion is a Red Sox (Sock?) next year, Bautista may as well retire, and Donaldson will be off to one of the high payroll teams before too long. Considering the talent on this team, they have massively underachieved the last couple months (whole season??) so there's no question they'll split it up this off-season, unless by some fluke the team actually manages to win it all...

not a big fan of the celebration just for making the wild card considering where they were standing like a month ago, that said, there's 20 other teams out there wishing they could be where the jays are (and 9 other teams) so they should at least be happy they are in regardless. If they lose then I believe this celebrating **** early is a curse. they did it after beating texas last year then got thumped by the royals,  if its a repeat this year and we get smoked by the O's then yeah knock that off in a hurry.

Apparently I was pretty close to my prediction on opening day when i guess 87-75 (actual 89-73) so I guess they are where I figured they'd be, but good lord sept was a heart burn inducing month.  If ever there was a time for our bats to come alive its now! Starting rotations been solid but our bullpen is awful, need to out muscle our opponents with offense all day erry day

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

17 hours ago, bustamente said:

Lose the WC game and Shapiro will dismantle the team, he may not have a choice as certain players are as good as gone.

Might happen any way. If the reports they dont want to pay EE are true, and bautista has only been consistently hurt of late. 

Not much of a baseball purist, but I dont like the suicide series of 1 game. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Would much prefer to see Liriano tomorrow, and only partly because he's a lefty vs all that Baltimore LH hitting.....I don't trust Stroman, but that's just me.

Hes been soo erratic this year. If they are going to have any chance to win a series though hes gotta pitch like he did when he came back last year. Not my first choice but a good game from the offense could cover for him.  

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Hes been soo erratic this year. If they are going to have any chance to win a series though hes gotta pitch like he did when he came back last year. Not my first choice but a good game from the offense could cover for him.  

haven't seen one of those in awhile...........

Bats have been (mostly) ice cold since they started their slide. There might be the odd game where they hit a ton, but with a line up that features Bautista, Encarnacion, Donaldson, Tulowitzki, Russ Martin, etc.......you should be consistently putting up 6-10 runs a game. Massively underachieving for most of this year...

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Bats have been (mostly) ice cold since they started their slide. There might be the odd game where they hit a ton, but with a line up that features Bautista, Encarnacion, Donaldson, Tulowitzki, Russ Martin, etc.......you should be consistently putting up 6-10 runs a game. Massively underachieving for most of this year...

Never gonna consistently put up 6-10 runs in modern baseball. Pitchers are too strong and the low strike is called too much.

Plus tulo, saunders, travis, martin and bautista missed a TON of time this year. 175 games combined.

In the last 10 games in September the jays offense averaged 4.2 runs a game while they gave up an average of 2.7. But They only won half of those games. The bullpen was awful. Major swings is what you get with big fly offenses.