Election 2015

FrostyWinnipeg

I'm feeling a Liberal minority coming

Do you think some NDP supporters are backingn away fearing a Mulcair majority and moving to the liberals?

I think NDP supporters will vote liberal to as an anybody but harper vote

How much do you think the left wing vote split might impact things for the Cons?

More than a month to go yet...so much can happen in that time. What'll be interesting is to see how much apathy there'll be in a month when it actually comes time to head to the polling stations.

That's the entire Conservative game plan. They have the most loyal base in terms of actually getting out and voting, they are hoping for a low turnout with their dedicated support carrying the day. Not sure it's going to work though, there are a lot of angry people out there.

More than a month to go yet...so much can happen in that time. What'll be interesting is to see how much apathy there'll be in a month when it actually comes time to head to the polling stations.

That's the entire Conservative game plan. They have the most loyal base in terms of actually getting out and voting, they are hoping for a low turnout with their dedicated support carrying the day. Not sure it's going to work though, there are a lot of angry people out there.

A lot of stupid people out there too.  Not to belittle opinions.  I can disagree with someone with a well thought out opinion.  But there's A LOT of anti-Harper sentiment from people without a clue.  Although many of them might not vote...so there's that.

Do you think some NDP supporters are backingn away fearing a Mulcair majority and moving to the liberals?

I don't know, not really.  Why would NDP supporters fear a NDP majority?  That seems odd.

There was talk a couple of weeks ago that as the NDP neared majority support, some supporters backed away.  More specifically I should call them "Anti-Harper" or "Change" supporters.

I don't know, not really.  Why would NDP supporters fear a NDP majority?  That seems odd.

More like ABC people who wanted change but not drastic change and when the NDP crept into majority territory they got cold feet and switched their vote. 

I guess Trudeau is the lesser of two evils between him and Mulcair.  But man, he will be an embarrassing PM.  Then again, Obama became President with little to no experience.  So Trudeau winning based on his name and looks isnt far-fetched.

I like Harper so I'd love to see another majority where Harper retires in 3 years and goes out on top.  He's had a very successful career.

I've seen a few stories lately about dissension within the Conservative ranks. A lot of insiders aren't happy with how the campaign has been going so far. I don't blame them. Those "He's just not ready" ads are terrible, and the new ad by them stating "Harper isn't perfect" seems to be pointing out that people don't really like him anymore. Strange strategy imo.

I guess Trudeau is the lesser of two evils between him and Mulcair.  But man, he will be an embarrassing PM.  Then again, Obama became President with little to no experience.  So Trudeau winning based on his name and looks isnt far-fetched.

I like Harper so I'd love to see another majority where Harper retires in 3 years and goes out on top.  He's had a very successful career.

This....and the whole "People want change, but not THAT much change" thing, as well. If the election was today, I think it'd come down to this. But, as mentioned, there's a month to go.....

Personal success, yes, in that he became PM. It's a little less clear as to how successful he's been at his actual job.

Now a fresh controversy for the NDP.  Tweets from two years ago about the Catholic Church have come back to haunt a Mulcair staffer...

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/christie-blatchford-whose-views-was-ndp-staffer-shawn-dearn-tweeting-not-his-he-says

It's funny what they're finding out about some candidates. The peeing in a mug thing and another Conservative who was busted making prank calls are fun to laugh at, but pretty harmless. I'd like to hear the explanation behind the guy peeing in the mug. Why didn't he just use the bathroom?

A gay man venting about the church shouldn't be that surprising to people, but I can see how the religious right would have a stroke over it.

Not just personal success.  The fact the right united and became majority for so long is on Harper.  He's been great for this country.  It will be a real shame if we go back to the Liberals or *shudder*, the NDP.

Any talk of dissention is sort of proof as to why Harper liked to keep a united front and have control.  It happens far too often and is pretty predictable in politics where there are party revolts

More on Dearn-gate:

Double standards rule on the NDP campaign, and other reasons to fear for humanity
Kelly McParland | September 10, 2015

If Stephen Harper’s top communications aide had tweeted that the Pope should go Eff himself, there’d have been a mammoth outcry and demands he be fired within the hour. Can you imagine hateful Tories such evil and hard-hearted things? Except Shawn Dearn is working for the NDP, so apparently it’s enough that he said he’s sorry. Sorry for what, hating Catholics? Or tweeting about it? If Nigel Wright had tweeted that he was sorry about the cheque, would Thomas Mulcair have accepted his apology with a shrug and agreed to move on? What if Dearn’s comments have been about Islam?
http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comme ... r-humanity

Personal success, yes, in that he became PM. It's a little less clear as to how successful he's been at his actual job.

A lot more successful than the goofballs that the NDP and Liberals have run in the past against him, that's for sure.  I shudder to think what Canada would look like now economically if Inspector Clouseau had won for the Liberals back in 2008.  Or if Iggy had won in 2011. 

Justin Trudeau looked like a babbling moron with Mansbridge the other night, as Peter had to correct him on a few things, including what the TFSA limits were before the current increase.  Kind of like how Mulcair had no clue what corporate tax rates are in Canada, and had just memorized the mantra that he wanted to increase them.

Now a fresh controversy for the NDP.  Tweets from two years ago about the Catholic Church have come back to haunt a Mulcair staffer...

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/christie-blatchford-whose-views-was-ndp-staffer-shawn-dearn-tweeting-not-his-he-says

It's funny what they're finding out about some candidates. The peeing in a mug thing and another Conservative who was busted making prank calls are fun to laugh at, but pretty harmless. I'd like to hear the explanation behind the guy peeing in the mug. Why didn't he just use the bathroom?

A gay man venting about the church shouldn't be that surprising to people, but I can see how the religious right would have a stroke over it.

I think that what's really getting people pissed off is the sanctimonious ******* NDP always goes insane and shits its pants over everyone else, but gives a free pass to idiots like Fin Donnelly who lied on national TV, and now this clown with his stupid tweets.  Imagine if a Conservative had tweeted that the Pope should go eff himself.  The ****-head NDP would be going loony-tunes.  At the very least this guy should be fired.  It's ridiculous.

Harper has not been great for this country, he's been good to himself. His attacks on the environment, the veterans, scientists, his disrespect for the Chief Justice for the Supreme Court of Canada and the parliament and its rules has been truly appalling.

His attacks on the environment?  Good grief.  This bullshit just never ends.

Exactly why hundreds and hundreds of scientists have been muzzled especially when talks of the mighty tar-sands issue or pipelines comes to light.

Then the stripping of federal protection of our lakes and rivers. Thanks to Harper's new Navigation Protection Act, 99 per cent of our lakes and rivers now have no federal protection according to Council of Canadians chairperson Maude Barlow. Documents reveal that the Canadian Energy Pipeline Association were the ones who initially pushed for these changes and Harper, of course, obliged.

Harper has not been great for this country, he's been good to himself. His attacks on the environment, the veterans, scientists, his disrespect for the Chief Justice for the Supreme Court of Canada and the parliament and its rules has been truly appalling.

...But, he's been good for the economy...and that goes a long way.

I think that what's really getting people pissed off is the sanctimonious ******* NDP always goes insane and shits its pants over everyone else, but gives a free pass to idiots like Fin Donnelly who lied on national TV, and now this clown with his stupid tweets.  Imagine if a Conservative had tweeted that the Pope should go eff himself.  The ****-head NDP would be going loony-tunes.  At the very least this guy should be fired.  It's ridiculous.

I guess not everybody is as calm and reasonable as you...

...But, he's been good for the economy...and that goes a long way.

What do you like about what he's done with our economy?

Then the stripping of federal protection of our lakes and rivers. Thanks to Harper's new Navigation Protection Act, 99 per cent of our lakes and rivers now have no federal protection according to Council of Canadians chairperson Maude Barlow.

Do you understand what this actually means?  I've heard it repeated over and over but the truth behind it basically makes everyone repeating it look like a total moron.  This is not something to be worked up about, in fact when this happened, environmental protections on these lakes and rivers actually increased, not decreased.  I can go even further if you like, but I suggest you research it yourself.

I don't identify as a conservative supporter but left wing propaganda like this just makes my blood boil, because they know exactly what they're doing.  They are distorting the truth of the matter deliberately to make the conservatives look bad.