Election 2015

FrostyWinnipeg

Harper has not been great for this country, he's been good to himself. His attacks on the environment, the veterans, scientists, his disrespect for the Chief Justice for the Supreme Court of Canada and the parliament and its rules has been truly appalling.

...But, he's been good for the economy...and that goes a long way.

What do you like about what he's done with our economy?

Probably all the deficits and recessions. The destruction of our manufacturer sector.

You're right.  If the Cons had not won, there would have been no deficit or recession.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  I mean really.  That's absurd.

Anyway...that Donnelly story should have been the tide changer but ofcourse the lie was a way bigger story than the revelation that it was a lie.  Go left wing media! That was the most despicable thing this campaign by a wide margin and that includes the various bigoted and stupid things NDP candidates have said.

Exactly why hundreds and hundreds of scientists have been muzzled especially when talks of the mighty tar-sands issue or pipelines comes to light.

Then the stripping of federal protection of our lakes and rivers. Thanks to Harper's new Navigation Protection Act, 99 per cent of our lakes and rivers now have no federal protection according to Council of Canadians chairperson Maude Barlow. Documents reveal that the Canadian Energy Pipeline Association were the ones who initially pushed for these changes and Harper, of course, obliged.

As soon as someone uses the stupid phrase "tar sands" I tune out as it is obvious they don't have a clue what they are talking about. 

Now a fresh controversy for the NDP.  Tweets from two years ago about the Catholic Church have come back to haunt a Mulcair staffer...

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/christie-blatchford-whose-views-was-ndp-staffer-shawn-dearn-tweeting-not-his-he-says

It's funny what they're finding out about some candidates. The peeing in a mug thing and another Conservative who was busted making prank calls are fun to laugh at, but pretty harmless. I'd like to hear the explanation behind the guy peeing in the mug. Why didn't he just use the bathroom?

A gay man venting about the church shouldn't be that surprising to people, but I can see how the religious right would have a stroke over it.

I think that what's really getting people pissed off is the sanctimonious ******* NDP always goes insane and shits its pants over everyone else, but gives a free pass to idiots like Fin Donnelly who lied on national TV, and now this clown with his stupid tweets.  Imagine if a Conservative had tweeted that the Pope should go eff himself.  The ****-head NDP would be going loony-tunes.  At the very least this guy should be fired.  It's ridiculous.

I guess not everybody is as calm and reasonable as you...

Or as willfully blind and partisan as you.

Harper has not been great for this country, he's been good to himself. His attacks on the environment, the veterans, scientists, his disrespect for the Chief Justice for the Supreme Court of Canada and the parliament and its rules has been truly appalling.

Probably all the deficits and recessions. The destruction of our manufacturer sector.

So participating in a global economy is your problem? Because how other than subsidising the **** out of the manufacturing sector is a government supposed to save it when Canadian workers expect high wages but over seas workers are happy working for peanuts? All those recessions were caused by global factors too. The deficits I will grant you are his doing but I don't think a deficit is inherently bad, though they did let it carry on too long. 

So so far we have Harper running around destroying the environment, and in his spare time he takes flame throwers to Canadian manufacturers and destroys them too.  Got it.

I just don't get what you guys hope to achieve with these kinds of statements.  You honestly think people are that stupid?

Exactly why hundreds and hundreds of scientists have been muzzled especially when talks of the mighty tar-sands issue or pipelines comes to light.

Then the stripping of federal protection of our lakes and rivers. Thanks to Harper's new Navigation Protection Act, 99 per cent of our lakes and rivers now have no federal protection according to Council of Canadians chairperson Maude Barlow. Documents reveal that the Canadian Energy Pipeline Association were the ones who initially pushed for these changes and Harper, of course, obliged.

As soon as someone uses the stupid phrase "tar sands" I tune out as it is obvious they don't have a clue what they are talking about. 

Yep calling it tar sands really shows a persons biases and stance on the oil sands. It's enviro propaganda to call it tar sands and make it sound dirty. 

Actually I wish they'd drop the tar or oil from it and simply call it what it really is, bituminous sand. In fact I wish more people really understood hydrocarbon deposits and the differences between them better. Would save me a lot of head aches when I read some of the nonsense people say. 

You're right.  If the Cons had not won, there would have been no deficit or recession.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  I mean really.  That's absurd.

Anyway...that Donnelly story should have been the tide changer but ofcourse the lie was a way bigger story than the revelation that it was a lie.  Go left wing media! That was the most despicable thing this campaign by a wide margin and that includes the various bigoted and stupid things NDP candidates have said.

I totally agree.  Fin Donnelly brought unnecessary shame on Canada for no reason, other than political gain.  The entire NDP should be burning down in flames right now, but of course, the media just ignores it.

COVTQPrUwAA-IAt.jpg

Now a fresh controversy for the NDP.  Tweets from two years ago about the Catholic Church have come back to haunt a Mulcair staffer...

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/christie-blatchford-whose-views-was-ndp-staffer-shawn-dearn-tweeting-not-his-he-says

It's funny what they're finding out about some candidates. The peeing in a mug thing and another Conservative who was busted making prank calls are fun to laugh at, but pretty harmless. I'd like to hear the explanation behind the guy peeing in the mug. Why didn't he just use the bathroom?

A gay man venting about the church shouldn't be that surprising to people, but I can see how the religious right would have a stroke over it.

I think that what's really getting people pissed off is the sanctimonious ******* NDP always goes insane and shits its pants over everyone else, but gives a free pass to idiots like Fin Donnelly who lied on national TV, and now this clown with his stupid tweets.  Imagine if a Conservative had tweeted that the Pope should go eff himself.  The ****-head NDP would be going loony-tunes.  At the very least this guy should be fired.  It's ridiculous.

I guess not everybody is as calm and reasonable as you...

Or as willfully blind and partisan as you.

I've never voted for the federal NDP in my life, and probably never will. I also voted for Harper in each of the last two elections.  So good call...

Actually I wish they'd drop the tar or oil from it and simply call it what it really is, bituminous sand. In fact I wish more people really understood hydrocarbon deposits and the differences between them better. Would save me a lot of head aches when I read some of the nonsense people say. 

Fraser had to explain investing to you, so you can explain this to the rest of us.

Then the stripping of federal protection of our lakes and rivers. Thanks to Harper's new Navigation Protection Act, 99 per cent of our lakes and rivers now have no federal protection according to Council of Canadians chairperson Maude Barlow.

Do you understand what this actually means?  I've heard it repeated over and over but the truth behind it basically makes everyone repeating it look like a total moron.  This is not something to be worked up about, in fact when this happened, environmental protections on these lakes and rivers actually increased, not decreased.  I can go even further if you like, but I suggest you research it yourself.

I don't identify as a conservative supporter but left wing propaganda like this just makes my blood boil, because they know exactly what they're doing.  They are distorting the truth of the matter deliberately to make the conservatives look bad.

So you are saying that what Mr. Dee wrote was just as big a lie as when he said that the Conservatives have cut $36 billion from health care.  It's clear to me that the rabid left is its own worst enemy.  They just can't help themselves from looking like idiots with their constant lying.

Fraser had to explain investing to you, so you can explain this to the rest of us.

Bituminous sand is sand that contains hydrocarbons.  Calling the oil sands "tar sands" is a deliberate attempt to make the oil sands sound far worse in terms of environmental consequences, and is just pure fear-mongering by half-wits.

So so far we have Harper running around destroying the environment, and in his spare time he takes flame throwers to Canadian manufacturers and destroys them too.  Got it.

I just don't get what you guys hope to achieve with these kinds of statements.  You honestly think people are that stupid?

show me what he did to ensure our manufacturing sector was insulated from dutch disease (look it up if you have to) he idid Sweet **** all. He's a bad economic manager.

Carney sure dropped the ******* ball with the monetary policy (not Harpers fault) but Harper sure didn't do much with his fiscal policy to alleviate it.

laugh all you want. I'm obviosuly not suggesting harper manufactured 2008. He sure did a piss poor job of recovering from it though and ran deficits through an entire business cycle into the next one.

If Mulcair could have appeared on live television holding the body of that dead child, he would have.  Absolutely disgusting.  I can imagine the NDP sitting around discussing it:

"You know what is really sad about this photo of the dead child?  That there isnt a photo of two dead children".

Sickening.  And I actually think thats part of the Liberal bump.  I expected a lot more.  But most of the country forms their opinion by what the newscast they watch tells to hate or love.  And the media just didnt care that much about the lies.  $90,000 that the Cons ordered Duffy to pay back?  Now THAT is hot news.  *rolls eyes*.

I also wanted to add that if you are dumb enough to believe anything that Maude Barlow says then I don't even know how you were able to figure out how to turn on your computer.

Putting aside politics for a sec, what value did you demonstrate to Mr. Dee with your above statement to him? Just curious, that's all. 

show me what he did to ensure our manufacturing sector was insulated from dutch disease (look it up if you have to) he idid Sweet **** all. He's a bad economic manager.

Carney sure dropped the ******* ball with the monetary policy (not Harpers fault) but Harper sure didn't do much with his fiscal policy to alleviate it.

So who is a better manager?  Just curious.  Because that's the real question here.

If Mulcair could have appeared on live television holding the body of that dead child, he would have. Absolutely disgusting. I can imagine the NDP sitting around discussing it:

"You know what is really sad about this photo of the dead child? That there isnt a photo of two dead children".

Sickening. And I actually think thats part of the Liberal bump. I expected a lot more. But most of the country forms their opinion by what the newscast they watch tells to hate or love. And the media just didnt care that much about the lies. $90,000 that the Cons ordered Duffy to pay back? Now THAT is hot news. *rolls eyes*.

What I find sad is how few refugees we've taken in. Guess people get disgusted over different things

removed

Putting aside politics for a sec, what value did you demonstrate to Mr. Dee with your above statement to him? Just curious, that's all. 

All right - I retract the statement and apologize to Mr. Dee.

Maude Barlow and the Council of Canadians are about as far left of center as you can go.  What value do you attribute to them for blatantly lying about the government's environmental policy?  Why do they do that?  Do you think that it is right?  Look at what a fool Mr. Dee just made of himself by parroting their lies.  Just like he made a fool of himself saying that "Harper has cut $36 billion from health care".  It just bugs me that people I talk to hear these sound-bites, which are total lies, and then say "Harper has to go, here's why..." and out come total lies.  Manufactured lies.  Is that really democracy?  I don't think so.

If Mulcair could have appeared on live television holding the body of that dead child, he would have. Absolutely disgusting. I can imagine the NDP sitting around discussing it:

"You know what is really sad about this photo of the dead child? That there isnt a photo of two dead children".

Sickening. And I actually think thats part of the Liberal bump. I expected a lot more. But most of the country forms their opinion by what the newscast they watch tells to hate or love. And the media just didnt care that much about the lies. $90,000 that the Cons ordered Duffy to pay back? Now THAT is hot news. *rolls eyes*.

What I find sad is how few refugees we've taken in. Guess people get disgusted over different things

How many refugees has Saudi Arabia taken in?  UAE?  Bahrain?  All three countries are currently running bombing campaigns into Syria, using many more and better planes than the six aging crates that Canada has sent over.

is that you Thomas Mulcair? Surely you don't buy that argument... Yes a higher dollar is worse for exporting done by manufacturing, but I ask again, how is he supposed to save a dying industry without huge subsidization? 

Yeah, I agree.  You've changed my mind.  I am now glad the NDP lied and used a dead child to tar Harper because Harper didnt let in enough refugees.  WHAT BUNK.

Refugees...well, sorry but I dont *really* care.  I mean, I do care but it doesnt impact my daily lives.  A lot of men coming here and leaving their families behind...meh.  I think we should always do what we can to help those in need but there should also be limits.  Thats a political thing though.  Its a difference of opinion.  And it has no bearing on whether what the NDP did was the most disgusting thing of this election or not.  Hint: it was.

So so far we have Harper running around destroying the environment, and in his spare time he takes flame throwers to Canadian manufacturers and destroys them too. Got it.

I just don't get what you guys hope to achieve with these kinds of statements. You honestly think people are that stupid?

So who is a better manager? Just curious. Because that's the real question here.

Well we have someone with a piss poor record economically that is trying to pretend our economy is in better shape then it is to get votes promising more of the same

And somone with no track record but is at least addressing the fact that the economy is a problem and has some semblance of an actual plan

And someone with no track record that claims he will balance the budget but cant work out the math.

Not an all star line up but I'll take my chances with the reds.

is that you Thomas Mulcair? Surely you don't buy that argument... Yes a higher dollar is worse for exporting done by manufacturing, but I ask again, how is he supposed to save a dying industry without huge subsidization? 

The low Canadian dollar is a gold mine for the manufacturers I know here in the Okanagan that are exporting to the US.  Ontario would be doing a lot better if the Liberal government there hadn't adopted all of those high-cost power initiatives like wind and solar and instead had invested in hydro electric and nuclear.  It's tough to make money when your power costs are double that of your next door neighbours in Quebec and right across the border in Buffalo.  But of course, it must be Harper's fault.

Do you understand what this actually means?  I've heard it repeated over and over but the truth behind it basically makes everyone repeating it look like a total moron.  This is not something to be worked up about, in fact when this happened, environmental protections on these lakes and rivers actually increased, not decreased.  I can go even further if you like, but I suggest you research it yourself.

I don't identify as a conservative supporter but left wing propaganda like this just makes my blood boil, because they know exactly what they're doing.  They are distorting the truth of the matter deliberately to make the conservatives look bad.

The freedom for territories and Provinces to oversee their own rivers and lakes without a Fed. Overseer seems dangerous to me. And this move, coupled with the muzzling of scientists who would be looking at the effects of this lack of protection scares me, and it should scare anyone who would like to think our resources include more than fuel fossils. And would it be a coincidence that this move would likely make it easier for pipelines to be constructed though pristine land?