The Positive Thread

Floyd

I saw a lot more than one player playing football in a very tough battle in the 1st half. Westerman led the way, but we did have Dline pressure, good coverage and Lirim was punting well.

Willy is slowly learning when to throw the ball away and to move around, so that he isn't a stationary target...and he slid feet first.

But the biggest positive for me is....I'm POSITIVE Brian Brohm is not the answer to come into the game after the #1 goes down. I gotta believe Domique Davis, our 4th string QB couldn't have done any worse.

Defensive line starting to really shine. Good talent in the secondary... Could use a bit of an upgrade there. Lbs also look decent. All in all the defense is looking pretty good. JBR in another thread pointed out that we run too much zone close to the goal line but otherwise the defense played well.

I saw a lot more than one player playing football in a very tough battle in the 1st half. Westerman led the way, but we did have Dline pressure, good coverage and Lirim was punting well.

Willy is slowly learning when to throw the ball away and to move around, so that he isn't a stationary target...and he slid feet first.

But the biggest positive for me is....I'm POSITIVE Brian Brohm is not the answer to come into the game after the #1 goes down. I gotta believe Domique Davis, our 4th string QB couldn't have done any worse.

And the guy who is our third-string qb would really have lit it up in comparison...what was his name again...so many posters here were trashing him for some reason the last time Brohm went in and stunk it up...hmmmm....

And the guy who is our third-string qb would really have lit it up in comparison...what was his name again...so many posters here were trashing him for some reason the last time Brohm went in and stunk it up...hmmmm....

In a sloppy, ugly game like that... Marve is exactly the kind of QB you need... reminded me a lot of the last game in Calgary last year...

In the first half I was saying "good thing Nichols sucks, otherwise this could get ugly"... and it did when Edm's new backup (to Reilly) took over mid-way through the third... 

Both our RB's have looked allright this season but our run game has become so predictable.  Up the gut, up the gut, up the gut and repeat.  

All teams need to do is stack the box and the odds are with the defence.  Have we once ran the ball outside of the tackles this year?  If so, I can't remember.  MB is our weak link and quite frankly I've never been a proponent of firing coaches mid season but he would be my one exception.

Summed up my thoughts exactly... I've been willing to give MB the benefit of the doubt but more and more games go by and I watch teams run routine plays with ease that we can never execute... we seem to only have 3 plays in the book... deep ball, intermediate slant, run up the gut... I know we don't have a perfect roster... but I'm confident we have the talent to compete offensively with every team in the CFL and our offensive system isn't proving that...

MB will call a good half every now and then but for the most part I think the O is set up to fail with him in charge. People talk about fire O'shea. Nope can't do that cuz then MB probably becomes coach. Need to get rid of MB and bring in a guy with just a little bit of creativity. I think some of out O players are not being used properly and that's a big issue. Send MB packing. Give Buck and even Howell a chance cuz what MB is doing isn't working. With that said does kind of remind me of the Jets start to the season last year. Owned Arizona and looked real good then kind of went on a little bit of a skid but ya nhl season much longer.

MB will call a good half every now and then but for the most part I think the O is set up to fail with him in charge. People talk about fire O'shea. Nope can't do that cuz then MB probably becomes coach. Need to get rid of MB and bring in a guy with just a little bit of creativity. I think some of out O players are not being used properly and that's a big issue. Send MB packing. Give Buck and even Howell a chance cuz what MB is doing isn't working. With that said does kind of remind me of the Jets start to the season last year. Owned Arizona and looked real good then kind of went on a little bit of a skid but ya nhl season much longer.

But that would get Mb out as OC! I am positive that if MOS sticks with Brohm the next game and he stinks the joint out again that I will be a wonderin agin why oh why?

That is a desperate solution at best, it they're going to make a change find a qualified individual with a winning track record.  Better to wait till the off-season and choose the best candidate available.  QUICKLY!!!