Mike Sims-Walker

Mike

As someone who's watched Mike Sims Walker, he is not a good football player. He'll be very slow for CFL standards.

Who cares what some random fan thinks?

Penton retweeted this for some unknown reason. Couldn't find a football guy saying anything bad I guess, so he's digging up fan quotes.

What does slow for CFL standards mean anyway? I could outrun some of the best receivers this league has ever seen.

As someone who's watched Mike Sims Walker, he is not a good football player. He'll be very slow for CFL standards.

Penton retweeted this for some unknown reason. Couldn't find a football guy saying anything bad I guess, so he's digging up fan quotes.

What does slow for CFL standards mean anyway? I could outrun some of the best receivers this league has ever seen.

This guy is getting his panties in a knot now too, because somebody on Twitter asked "are you a scout?" and I replied that no, he was not.

@mike_wpg @3lue_n_6old @PentonKirk Nope, but I've followed the Rams for years. Did any of you guys know who MSW was before today? Thought so

This guy is getting his panties in a knot now too, because somebody on Twitter asked "are you a scout?" and I replied that no, he was not.

@mike_wpg @3lue_n_6old @PentonKirk Nope, but I've followed the Rams for years. Did any of you guys know who MSW was before today? Thought so

I'm pretty sure I had this guy in my pool a few years ago, when he was with the Jags.

Hahah he watched MSW for one whole training camp?  Clearly he is an expert.

MSW was at one point the lead dog receiver on the Jags.  2009 he had 63 rec. for 869 yds and 7 TD's.  2010 43 rec., 562 yds and 7 TD's.  Didn't do much in 2011 and was out of the NFL in 2012. 

Signing in the CFL indicates he may still have some fire in his belly.  At a minimum, when you score 7 TD's a year for the woeful Jags, you know your way around the end zone.  Love this signing.  We have to take some shots to get better.  Hope MSW pays off!

Or he's broke.

Brandon Logan@BrandonWLogan3h

Brandon Logan@BrandonWLogan

apparently he thinks canadians dont follow nfl? what a goof.. funny how upset he got.

It's a solid signing and how can anyone complain ? The dude has way better stats then most receivers that are brought into the league.

Exactly.  I remember watching this guy play for the Jags.  He did fairly well.  I think he'll do pretty good here, especially if he's got a good attitude like he's posting on twitter.  And if he's anything like Simpson, the two of them might spark the offence.

Rogers, Freddie Mitchell, Andre rison, Williams all were head cases that Toronto brought in.

This guy had injuries but he seems to be decent , has his charity and seems like good guy.

Why wouldn't the team try him out? He is replacing Anderson who was extremely mediocre. The potential for this dude is way higher and well worth the risk.

Anyone complaining or putting this move in a negative light is a hater and is not a real fan.

Well I've followed the CFL for many years and I think a 4.35/40 IS fast enough for the CFL. Betcha a hundred dollars that Penton won't tweet that and I betcha I know more about MSW than Brandon Logan knows about the CFL.

Well I guess 4.35, 40 yard dash time is slow now a days...

It doesn't matter how fast or slow he is if we can't get him the ball. We still need O-line help. Then worry about fast receivers.

It doesn't matter how fast or slow he is if we can't get him the ball. We still need O-line help. Then worry about fast receivers.

True, which is why I hope people have realistic expectations for MSW in 2013. Hopefully next season if he sticks around, and the club wants him back, he can showcase his talents in an actual half decent offensive scheme, should we be so lucky.

True, which is why I hope people have realistic expectations for MSW in 2013. Hopefully next season if he sticks around, and the club wants him back, he can showcase his talents in an actual half decent offensive scheme, should we be so lucky.

As much as I dislike Barker and the Argos, I'll give them credit for making some tough decisions and rebuilding their O-line into one of the best in the league. We should do the same and then hope to find a Ricky Ray. Then I'll get excited about MSW.

As much as I dislike Barker and the Argos, I'll give them credit for making some tough decisions and rebuilding their O-line into one of the best in the league. We should do the same and then hope to find a Ricky Ray. Then I'll get excited about MSW.

Concur.

Who says we have to like a head coach?  As long as he can do the job it's all good.

Dave Ritchie could be a crusty old son of a gun who gave the media almost nothing to print...but he stuck up for his players and they rallied around him.

Kyle and ken moll should airlift as much talent as they can. MSW's pedigree down south will serve him well, and it's refreshing to see we can still attract this calibre of talent.

But I would also look at bringing in young QB's to develop on the PR, and a CFL calibre QB coach this season, or trade for a Willy/Collaros/Marsh right now! The stamps and argos coaching staff is loaded with ex-QB's mentoring these prospects. The model for success exists.

Potential breakout talents like MSW will only be wasted if our QB ineptitude continues.