Edmonton Advice - Planning Road Trip for Bombers Away Game

cptkirk

Hey all, my uncle and I are planning a road trip to Edmonton for the Bomber away game on the 25th.

Just looking for options on where to stay (decent hotel ~$100-120 per night is fine), and what section to sit in for the game.

Any advice would be appreciated!

GO BOMBERS!

The Edmonton game next week is the first of 2 fan trips this season.  Check this out as an option:

http://www.bluebombers.com/2015-bomber-fan-trips

Yeah, we thought of that too, but $900 each is pretty high and you really only get the game & 3 hours at west edmonton mall. I've got vacation to burn and my uncle is retired so it's not like we need to get there and back quick.

100-120 isn't going to get you much of a room, but if it was me, I'd stay on the south end of the city. There's a few nice hotels down there. Both the Ramada and Days Inn down there are decent places, and just down the road from the always-amazing Cook County Saloon. Best piece of advice I ever received about getting tix at Commonwealth: "There are no bad seats..." and it's about right. Huge place, great sightlines. Better to be higher up than too low...

100-120 isn't going to get you much of a room, but if it was me, I'd stay on the south end of the city. There's a few nice hotels down there. Both the Ramada and Days Inn down there are decent places, and just down the road from the always-amazing Cook County Saloon. Best piece of advice I ever received about getting tix at Commonwealth: "There are no bad seats..." and it's about right. Huge place, great sightlines. Better to be higher up than too low...

I keep forgetting - I get a pretty decent government discount on most rooms, so it would be around $149ish normally. Thanks for the advice on Commonwealth.

I'd recommend leaving now for Calgary and turning it into a double header road trip.

On a totally unrelated note, I have 4 decent tickets for sale to the Bomber game in Calgary this weekend.

Sorry - camping this weekend with the wife, so it's definitely a no-go. Can't say that the thought didn't cross my mind though!

In 2003, I had season tickets in Section 0 Row 20 I believe.  The seasons tickets were cheap ($250 each), on the 2 yard line in the lower bowl and the fans friendly around there.  The stadium is really wide (due to the track), so the low seats kind of look through the players on the sidelines.

There isn't a lot of covered seats in the stadium.  Most if not all are season ticket holders (top 5 or 6 rows of the lower bowl).  Be prepared for quickly changing weather (sun to rain, to monsoon, to sun within a single game) and the weather can change in an instant.

Free parking is a bit of the walk to the stadium (none within 6 blocks of the stadium).  The close neighbourhood to the north could be a little seedy at times.

Have a good one.  Get used to the "Another Eskimos... First Down!" and the 40's style Go Eskimos song at the 1st quarter.  50/50 pots can be huge, and if no one claims in 5 minutes, they have redrawn.  That might have changed now, but did happen with a $41K pot one time.

I'd recommend leaving now for Calgary and turning it into a double header road trip.

On a totally unrelated note, I have 4 decent tickets for sale to the Bomber game in Calgary this weekend.

I'm leaving for Calgary first thing friday morning, do you actually have 4 tickets to sell? Because I haven't got mine yet.

I'm leaving for Calgary first thing friday morning, do you actually have 4 tickets to sell? Because I haven't got mine yet.

I do.  I'll pm you tonight.

I'll be driving into Edmonton on the 25th myself; I am in section S and I can tell you that it is very very hot there when the sun is out.  Make sure you are well hydrated.  Drinks are expensive at the game but it seems to usually be a fun atmosphere.  I usually go to the Tilted Kilt for my pre-game although last game the park and ride that is normally right there wasn't active.  I am hoping on the 25th it is because it lets you have a couple wobbly pops right before hand, where the ladies are gorgeous and then walk out the door and hop on the bus for the park and ride.

All the park and rides are free with a game day ticket; and bussing is free 2 hours before and 2 hours after the game with a game day ticket. 

I'll be watching for bomber jerseys so show up wearing yours! :D

Try priceline or hot wire for the hotel. There is a website that helps narrow down which hotel you will likely get.

ahem.  We are CFL fans...so we'll be loyal to our sponsors...

m96qcog.jpg

in 2014 I had to have a triple bypass because I had eaten 4000 baconators in July alone.

Try priceline or hot wire for the hotel. There is a website that helps narrow down which hotel you will likely get.

ahem.  We are CFL fans...so we'll be loyal to our sponsors...

m96qcog.jpg

in 2014 I had to have a triple bypass because I had eaten 4000 baconators in July alone.

Anyone notice that the Trivago guy this year looks like he actually went to a clothing store, and a barber, and also doesn't look like he's hung over?

There was some sort of internet backlash about him looking like a scrub.  So they cleaned him up.

Yeah, this is old news...they actually did a commercial making fun of the backlash and showed him getting cleaned up. I think that was this past winter/spring...saw it a lot during curling broadcasts on TSN.

Anyone notice that the Trivago guy this year looks like he actually went to a clothing store, and a barber, and also doesn't look like he's hung over?

There was some sort of internet backlash about him looking like a scrub. So they cleaned him up.

Yeah, this is old news...they actually did a commercial making fun of the backlash and showed him getting cleaned up. I think that was this past winter/spring...saw it a lot during curling broadcasts on TSN.
I liked the previous version of the Trivago guy where it looked like he just woke up from a 3 day drinking binge and spent the night sleeping in a BFI bin.