Around the CFL Regular Season Discussion

Regardless. To say he had "no case" is simply untrue.

What case did he have exactly? Explain please.  He signed a contract, played dumb later. The cfl arbitrator upheld that the contract was valid. A non football court later ruled otherwise. The Tiger cats would have won the appeal IMO. The cats were likely so sick of Williams at that point they didn't want him back anyway. If Williams as you say was sure he would win he wouldn't have signed a agreement to return to the Cats.  It was a joke to the league that whole situation, likely why the Chris Williams clause is in new cba that teams have to offer the 1 plus 1 to prevent other players from pulling the same sh&t again. 

What case did he have exactly? Explain please. He signed a contract, played dumb later. The cfl arbitrator upheld that the contract was valid. A non football court later ruled otherwise. The Tiger cats would have won the appeal IMO. The cats were likely so sick of Williams at that point they didn't want him back anyway. If Williams as you say was sure he would win he wouldn't have signed a agreement to return to the Cats. It was a joke to the league that whole situation, likely why the Chris Williams clause is in new cba that teams have to offer the 1 plus 1 to prevent other players from pulling the same sh&t again.

He got what he wanted didn't he?

For the Chris Williams contract, the actual item that ended up getting him out of it wasn't the 1+1 offer vs 2+1 offer, it was the fact that his agent wasn't an approved CFL agent. Ticats got fined for negotiations with an unapproved agent. 

The penalty was a fine, the cats never got one. The cfpa never asked that one be imposed. Also even the fineable offense did not nullify the contract Williams had with the cats. The supreme court of Ontario ruled Williams basically didn't have to honor contract with Cats and he was free to go. Which was basically a joke.

What case did he have exactly? Explain please. He signed a contract, played dumb later. The cfl arbitrator upheld that the contract was valid. A non football court later ruled otherwise. The Tiger cats would have won the appeal IMO. The cats were likely so sick of Williams at that point they didn't want him back anyway. If Williams as you say was sure he would win he wouldn't have signed a agreement to return to the Cats. It was a joke to the league that whole situation, likely why the Chris Williams clause is in new cba that teams have to offer the 1 plus 1 to prevent other players from pulling the same sh&t again.

Yes he did.  thanks for clearing that up.

Yes he did. thanks for clearing that up.

Case closed, so to speak.

For the Chris Williams contract, the actual item that ended up getting him out of it wasn't the 1+1 offer vs 2+1 offer, it was the fact that his agent wasn't an approved CFL agent. Ticats got fined for negotiations with an unapproved agent.

I knew there was something fishy about that guy. His card was also a sponge.

lionel_hutz1.jpg

lionel_hutz1.jpg

Works on a contingency? No! Money down.

lionel_hutz1.jpg

Works on a contingency? No! Money down.

lionel-hutz-business-card-the-simpsons1.

18 in 18.

No, not 18 pars in a round of golf.

Something much tougher.

Brandon Banks says that he will be looking for 18 punt return touchdowns in 18 games.

More than 3 times the best throughout the year as it now stands. (5 - shared by Williams, both Gizmo and Chris)

I'd say that is a bit much.

"I feel like our system is clicking and that guys are believing in me. I think we've hit our stride." - Banks

A perfect reason for me to pick Montreal over Hamilton this week....on a fumble by Brandon Banks.

18 in 18.

Something much tougher.

Brandon Banks says that he will be looking for 18 punt return touchdowns in 18 games.

More than 3 times the best throughout the year as it now stands. (5 - shared by Williams, both Gizmo and Chris)

"I feel like our system is clicking and that guys are believing in me. I think we've hit our stride." - Banks

A perfect reason for me to pick Montreal over Hamilton this week....on a fumble by Brandon Banks.

*18 in 18 from Drew Edwards

There's no chance that will happen... even if he goes 5, 6, 7 consecutive games with a punt return TD... teams will just stop giving him the opportunity...

18 in 18.

Something much tougher.

*18 in 18 from Drew Edwards

There's no chance that will happen... even if he goes 5, 6, 7 consecutive games with a punt return TD... teams will just stop giving him the opportunity...

Then he'll run off the field and sulk about it while the game continues.

Get over yourself Banks. Is not gonna happen. You aren't that good.

it's not even a matter of being that good... if teams kicked to him 3 or 4 times a game I believe he might have a shot at getting at least 10... but as Mtl showed last night, teams have already stopped kicking to him...

it's not even a matter of being that good... if teams kicked to him 3 or 4 times a game I believe he might have a shot at getting at least 10... but as Mtl showed last night, teams have already stopped kicking to him...

Not sure how old you are. Gizmo was the most explosive kick returner I've ever seen, bar none. Kicking away from him was just basic smart football. He turned a lot of games around for the Esks. IMHO Banks doesn't compare at all. 

Not sure how old you are. Gizmo was the most explosive kick returner I've ever seen, bar none. Kicking away from him was just basic smart football. He turned a lot of games around for the Esks. IMHO Banks doesn't compare at all.

Pinball in his day was no slouch either.

Pinball in his day was no slouch either.

Pinball was great as well, no question. The thing that stands out for me with Gizmo Williams was the sheer power in his running. He took it to the house in a hurry. Didn't take him long to cover the length of the field, he was fast and powerful.