2015 NHL Free Agency

Rich

I think Armia competes for the final spot on the 4th line.  The good thing about him is he has upside so if he makes the team, he's potentially able to move up or slot in somewhere else due to injury. 

I'd bet he starts on the Moose though.  I think they see him as being a future mid 6.  He has to start reaching that potential soon though.

TUP,

Where do you see Armia starting?

Hali was signed for the Moose, also an emergency call up guy.

Fraser = Moose. No way Fraser plays any serious time with the big team. If Thorbs, Peluso and Hali are hurt, they MIGHT call up Fraser but I doubt it.

Ladd - Little - Wheeler

Perreault - Scheifele - Stafford

Burmi - Lowry - Ehlers

Thorburn - Copp - Armia

Fraser had 5 goals in 36 games. Thats pretty good for a possible 4th liner.

TUP,

Where do you see Armia starting?

Hali was signed for the Moose, also an emergency call up guy.

Fraser = Moose. No way Fraser plays any serious time with the big team. If Thorbs, Peluso and Hali are hurt, they MIGHT call up Fraser but I doubt it.

Ladd - Little - Wheeler

Perreault - Scheifele - Stafford

Burmi - Lowry - Ehlers

Thorburn - Copp - Armia

Fraser had 5 goals in 36 games. Thats pretty good for a possible 4th liner.

Yeah...thats true.  Thing is if its the last spot, it's Halischuk's because I believe he's on a one-way deal.  Fraser and Armia are on two-way deals.  And they like Halischuk so he'll get the benefit of the doubt.

If he doesnt play, they'd probably rather pay him to be the 13th forward than waive him to the Moose and risk losing him.  I think Fraser was signed for depth on the Moose.  Even without Fraser, they dont mind Cormier as am emergency call up.  Knowing they'd have to have a couple of scratches per game, I think they'd decided its Peluso and Halis...and I think Halis starts on the 4th line in Game One (with the caveat they might give Armia or Petan that spot on a trial basis to start).

Hali is on a one year, two way deal that pays 750k. If I remember right, around 270k with the Moose which is a lot. I think he plays most of is games with the Mosse and is an emergency safety valve. Peluso plays when Maurice thinks he needs him in the lineup for the tougher games. I can't see Fraser playing 10 games to be honest, unless a LOT of injuries hit us.

It'd be nice to see all of Armia Petan and Ehlers competing for spots in the lineup and giving Maurice no other choice to play them.

If Armia, Ehlers, Petan, Connor, Harkins, Morrissey, Copp, De Leo, Lemieux, Helle, Comrie, Phillips et al pan out, it will be a contender for a long time.

It'd be nice to see all of Armia Petan and Ehlers competing for spots in the lineup and giving Maurice no other choice to play them.

If Armia, Ehlers, Petan, Connor, Harkins, Morrissey, Copp, De Leo, Lemieux, Helle, Comrie, Phillips et al pan out, it will be a contender for a long time.

Or at least the Moose should be :D

@WiebeSunSports: Here are the terms for former #NHLJets F Jiri Tlusty. one-year, one-way deal for $800,000. Made $2.95 mil last year https://t.co/GSAR6jERDG

That's quite a pay cut. I see why he took so long but I guess the offers just weren't tnere. Great deal for Devils.

For the first quarter of the season :P

Now what about Stempy?

wow, Fraser on the 3rd line...

like I said, shocked if he plays 10 games.

sleeper is going to be Burmi making everyone forget about Fro...

I didn't want to see Tlusty back.

Stemp I would like to sign if the youngsters don't impress by the end of TC but highly unlikely.

Struggle with their mistakes this year and it will pay off in the long run.

I hope 3 rookie forwards make it.

The Avalanche announced on Tuesday that defenseman Erik Johnson has signed a seven-year contract extension that will take him through the 2022-23 season.

The deal reportedly is worth $42 million for a salary cap hit of $6 million.

Johnson, 27, was under contract through this season with a cap hit of $3.75 million. He could have been an unrestricted free agent after the season.

***how does this influence Buff