TIger cats sign Johnny Sears

holoman

Probably wanted too much money. I guess sometimes when you wait like sears did to sign late, maybe the contract he was offered earlier just wasn't there anymore. Not sure if falling out is right word. More like sometimes players and teams decide to move on.

Shame to see him go but I imagine the offer we put on the table in February has diminished due to FA camps and whatnot. He was a very good player for us when he was on the field.. he just wasn't on the field enough. Injuries and not wanting to push people back to the bench because of healing caused him to sit more then he would have liked, I'm sure.. Coupled with ratio issues.

Sad to see him go but if he doesn't wanna be a bomber.. Peace! Just another reason to hate the ti-cats I suppose..

@DougBrown97: Can't help but wonder if Johnny Sears signing with Hamilton is the fall out from the number of times he was a healthy scratch last year.

I wouldn't doubt it, but as much as I like Sears it's hard to justify spending a ton of scratch on a guy who's a good bet to miss half the season when we're extremely deep at DB.

@DougBrown97: Can't help but wonder if Johnny Sears signing with Hamilton is the fall out from the number of times he was a healthy scratch last year.

I wouldn't doubt it, but as much as I like Sears it's hard to justify spending a ton of scratch on a guy who's a good bet to miss half the season when we're extremely deep at DB.
Agreed. We'll be fine without him.

Why the falling out with the current regime ?

Only possible thing could be his injury history... or maybe he was upset with the bullshit when he was not put back in the line up when healthy. Guy is a hell of a playmaker. Just been hurt too often. When he's healthy though he is a great defender. 

Sears is a good player when healthy, but that's a BIG when healthy... The fact is, yeah he's a good player but, he's probably pretty easily replaced on the roster. 

Was he a good one? For sure, Was he elite and one of the best players in the league at his position? probably not.