Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

10 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Disney are in crisis mode these days.   They've lost billions of dollars over the last few years on all those box office disasters.          Frozen is one of the few properties that they haven't destroyed yet so it's guaranteed money if they play it safe.   

Why can't they do something they don't do alot like a Muppet Movie or something, if people are having such fatigue with Marvel and don't like what they are doing with Star Wars then make another Muppet Movie (so what if Muppets Most Wanted didn't make Muppets (2011) numbers and the 2015 series bombed why have the Muppets if you are barely going to use them (again I'm sure it's probably hard to come up with something but why don't they do a solo project like a mock biopic for Miss Piggy, considering how good Muppets Mayhem was (they actually fleshed them out a little bit more and I like that since we barely knew anything about them before that show was dropped)

Big legend of Zelda fan. Can't wait till they ruin it for me next year as rumors are a movie is happening 

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Should have stopped at 1.

Why? The 2nd one was ok and made tons of money and my daughter loved it so... 

Little girls love Elsa and Anna and as a dad to a girl, you know what, it's a good movie. I'll gladly take my daughter to go see frozen 3 over Spanish snow white or woke bs 

Edited by Goalie

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

Little girls love Elsa and Anna and as a dad to a girl, you know what, it's a good movie. I'll gladly take my daughter to go see frozen 3 over Spanish snow white or woke bs 

So does that mean you are not going to see their next live action remake which stars a black Hercules :P   

https://insidethemagic.net/2023/10/live-action-hercules-michael-b-jordan-th1/

5 hours ago, Goalie said:

Big legend of Zelda fan. Can't wait till they ruin it for me next year as rumors are a movie is happening 

Why? The 2nd one was ok and made tons of money and my daughter loved it so... 

I can't imagine being this much of an *******. Christ Almighty. I'm so thankful that under represented groups get to have their own superheroes or princesses to look up to and have as their own. 

32 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I can't imagine being this much of an *******. Christ Almighty. I'm so thankful that under represented groups get to have their own superheroes or princesses to look up to and have as their own. 

Disney has lost billions going woke, it isn't just Me 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

It's a combination of them just putting out way too much content that it causes fatigue and second of all the "woke" agenda of Bob Iger and Kathleen Kennedy.    

They are completely taking a dump on many of the cartoons/movies/characters that the parents (like myself) grew up and idolized and trying to replace them with either a female character or diverse character and thinking that people would be cool with it.   

Luke Skywalker/Indiana Jones .... both guys that we idolized as kids that in the recent times they transformed them into completely weak old feeble whiny men who were nothing at all like the cool bad asses that they were in the 80's.  Both of them having young 20 year old girls come save the day and one up them and somehow the girls are instantly stronger and smarter then either guy ever were.    The results of Disney doing this is massive backlash and Indiana Jones as a series is officially cancelled forever after losing massive money. 

The latest I read was that for the new Blade movie they wanted to have three female lead characters and Blade being the 4th character from the top and debating if they want to keep it an R rating.     It appears they do not remember classic Blade where the audience was 99% male and Blade was a bad ass chopping heads off to techno music and it was just pure violence and watching the cool guy wipe everyone out.   

Disney is catering to the 15 year old girl audience and ignoring the vast majority of everyone else when it comes to comic book movies and action movies?  The box office numbers don't lie and they are taking insane losses each time out.  

The cartoons is another issue in which they are catering to a very small niche of people and I'm not sure what the word would be but somewhat insulting the vast majority by pushing agendas within cartoons.  It's unnecessary because Disney over the last 30 years were already creating cartoons that catered to a wide audience of different cultures and people.  When my daughter was younger we constantly played Moana with Coco a close 2nd and both were fantastic movies that wasn't whitewashed.

I don't believe the kids themselves are mad that Disney is pushing the diversity in the cartoons, but I am fairly certain that parents are tired of Disney pushing it on a continous basis.   Parents don't want that crap in kids movies,  the movies should be about the art and innocence and not about trying to push an agenda to check off boxes on some kind of checklist.   It really hollows the experience.    I think the tipping point was the stupidity of checking a diversity box for a character who is called Snow White because her skin was white as snow. It would be like hiring the whitest man in the world to replace T'Challa in Black Panther.  How stupid would that be.   

Disney just needs a complete overhaul of everyone in charge and just go back to the formula that has always worked.   The brand has been tarnished so bad that I don't even know if they could ever recover. 

I heavily recommend people watch the latest South Park that discusses Disney.  They went really easy on them but the  main point still gets through in it.  

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

You assholes who talk about "woke" as if that's some kind of thing. Caring about other people?? You woke *******!! God you are truly terrible humans.

aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)

Woke is a real word.    Them pushing an agenda within their movies is 100% a thing.  

I assume because you responded in an emotional reaction because I provided examples that are facts and not opinions and because you know what I wrote is correct,  you resort to name calling. 

The fact that you think Disney "cares about other people"  HAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD laugh at that.   Why not educate yourself and see how Disney treats their employees which many are immigrants at the theme parks?    

12 hours ago, Goalie said:

"lost billions" 

Stock is double what it was ten years ago and have their highest earnings ever. 

Just like when Nike went broke. And, Budweiser. And, Keurig. And whatever else underperforming white men "boycott" 

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

Woke is a real word.    Them pushing an agenda within their movies is 100% a thing.  

I assume because you responded in an emotional reaction because I provided examples that are facts and not opinions and because you know what I wrote is correct,  you resort to name calling. 

The fact that you think Disney "cares about other people"  HAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD laugh at that.   Why not educate yourself and see how Disney treats their employees which many are immigrants at the theme parks?    

I think he's taking umbrage with the fact many people use the term "woke" in a derogatory manner. Which if you think about it- it's just mean spirited, spiteful and embraces hate.

16 hours ago, Brandon said:

So does that mean you are not going to see their next live action remake which stars a black Hercules :P   

https://insidethemagic.net/2023/10/live-action-hercules-michael-b-jordan-th1/

Let's be honest... Hercules should never have been white in the first place, just like Jesus isn't white.  Why is it a bad thing to allow representation in different forms.  The people getting upset about characters being more diverse are the white people who feel that they are "losing power" and "being replaced".

The complaint about anything being "woke" as a bad thing is absolutely ridiculous.

20 minutes ago, Sard said:

Let's be honest... Hercules should never have been white in the first place, just like Jesus isn't white.  Why is it a bad thing to allow representation in different forms.  The people getting upset about characters being more diverse are the white people who feel that they are "losing power" and "being replaced".

The complaint about anything being "woke" as a bad thing is absolutely ridiculous.

PEOPLE ARE GETTING UPSET ABOUT FICTIONAL CHARACTERS!!! 

Imagine being so racist that you get upset about fictional characters. 

4 hours ago, JCon said:

"lost billions" 

Stock is double what it was ten years ago and have their highest earnings ever. 

Just like when Nike went broke. And, Budweiser. And, Keurig. And whatever else underperforming white men "boycott" 

I recommend reading up on Disney and it's current situation, it is fascinating.  

The theme parks are at an all time low,    the stock is currently plummeting,  Bob Iger is fighting a hostile takeover,    Disney is reported to be shopping around Lucas/Marvel/ESPN/ABC because they are in desperate need of cash.     Rumour has it Apple might buy a lot of them out.     Disney Plus isn't working out,  they are losing billions and are hurting for cash. 

Whatever info you received is dead wrong,   They havn't been in this much financial trouble since the early 80's.  

It's not the same as Bud Light/Nike.  Those companies dropped in sales but still were making billions... Disney is losing like 100 - 300 million dollars per movie which is crazy.  

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

The theme parks are at an all time low,    the stock is currently plummeting,  Bob Iger is fighting a hostile takeover,    Disney is reported to be shopping around Lucas/Marvel/ESPN/ABC because they are in desperate need of cash.     Rumour has it Apple might buy a lot of them out.     Disney Plus isn't working out,  they are losing billions and are hurting for cash. 

Whatever info you received is dead wrong,   They havn't been in this much financial trouble since the early 80's.  

It's not the same as Bud Light/Nike.  Those companies dropped in sales but still were making billions... Disney is losing like 100 - 300 million dollars per movie which is crazy.  

I think it's inevitable Apple/Disney merge.

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

I've never been one to defend Disney, but their problems aren't due to them being "woke".