Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

18 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Lots of fighting among Trek fans about this.  Some feel its damage control since there was so much negativity that there was no mention of Star Trek at that recent con.  Plus, the fact there has only been one trailer and it was widely panned, even by Simon Pegg who apologized for it.

I wouldnt be surprised if Paramount shelves the film franchise for awhile after Star Trek Beyond.  Their deal with Bad Robot ends after this one and there were conflicts between the two companies.  They do have Pine and Quinto locked up for a 4th movie but not the other cast. 

There is way more positive buzz over the pending Trek series which isnt even allowed to market yet (they are forbidden by contracts to market until six months after the film comes out).  And since the series is likely taking place in the Prime universe, it risks confusing the fans when it comes to the already-confusing film universe.

No doubt Paramount has dropped the ball to a degree.  STID was quite a mess and Paramount seems to know it.  Even JJ Abrams admitted the script needed a lot of work, which was interesting because the writer was Bob Orci, a close friend/colleague of JJ's and Orci railed against fans who were critical of the movie.  Orci was then fired as director and writer of STB and his former writing partner got the gig producing the new series and Bob is locked out. 

Star Trek is a franchise that so many of the people in power seem to have no clue what to do with.  And thats a real shame.

I think i lost interest in the Bourne franchise with the 2nd one - Supremacy. seems like its just the same story over and over and over again with maybe a new location and different kind of explosion here and there and with the odd replacement of Renner in Legacy.

I was also reading Emilia Clarke has said she wont be back for another terminator movie as she has other projects.  I'm ok with that, I didnt overly care for her sarah connor, I think Kristen Stewart would have been closer to Linda hamilton's portrayal 

3 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I think i lost interest in the Bourne franchise with the 2nd one - Supremacy. seems like its just the same story over and over and over again with maybe a new location and different kind of explosion here and there and with the odd replacement of Renner in Legacy.

I was also reading Emilia Clarke has said she wont be back for another terminator movie as she has other projects.  I'm ok with that, I didnt overly care for her sarah connor, I think Kristen Stewart would have been closer to Linda hamilton's portrayal 

I didnt watch Bourne until all three were on DVD and someone told me they were good.  its a rather complicated narrative and I cant imagine watching them without doing so in succession. Even now, I cant recall a lot of details to the story and intend to watch the first three again before seeing the 4th.  But saying that, I really, really like them.  I used to hate Damon but Bourne made me a fan.

Agree about Clarke.  She was SO wrong for Sarah Connor.  Maybe not that bad...but she seemed more akin to the Terminator 1 Sarah which to me, didnt make a lot of sense given the plot.  She should have been more like the T2 Sarah after being raised by a Terminator.  But the story was the bigger issue.  I guess she wasnt the worst casting job on that film.   Jai Courtney and Jason Clarke were terribly mis-cast.

The story was a mess.  They had the right idea and the "flashback" type stuff was great, the CGI Arnold from the 80's etc.  Should have been much more Back to the Future 2.  The second they killed Connor and made him a machine, it lost it's heart.  Not using Michael Biehn and Robert Patrick was silly too.  I know Patrick declined due to his age but I would have convinced him anyway.

28 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

She's a pretty terrible actress. She over acts everything. Quite honestly she is lucky that she gets to play a pretty well written character in Game of Thrones, but even then she lessens the character with her shitty acting. 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

She's a pretty terrible actress. She over acts everything. Quite honestly she is lucky that she gets to play a pretty well written character in Game of Thrones, but even then she lessens the character with her shitty acting. 

And then she refused to do nudity after the first season.  Who the hell does she think she is?! :P

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

And then she refused to do nudity after the first season.  Who the hell does she think she is?! :P

No she didn't, the very episode after all that speculation started she hauled em out. No the one who refused to do any more nude scenes was likely the actress playing Shae. Kind of ironic considering her past. 

She did refuse to do more nude scenes after season 3.  According to one of her co-stars, she wants to be known for her acting not her breasts (which given her acting skills might have been a bad choice).

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/daenerys-nudity-emilia-clarke-wont-allow-any-more-khaleesi-naked-scenes-game-thrones-season-4-video

1 minute ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

really? thats messed up. i dont believe in anything no more. after seeing that scene and then watching the Purge a little while after,  I felt like "yeah i been there, seen that"  but now, just disappointment

Yup.  I recall her talking about the impending scene beforehand, knowing it was coming and saying she was prepared to do it.  But then didnt.

Which one is Shae again?

14 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

She did refuse to do more nude scenes after season 3.  According to one of her co-stars, she wants to be known for her acting not her breasts (which given her acting skills might have been a bad choice).

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/daenerys-nudity-emilia-clarke-wont-allow-any-more-khaleesi-naked-scenes-game-thrones-season-4-video

I don't see her being named though, like I said it was lots of speculation. Maybe she did, maybe she didn't but the general consensus was that it was Shae refusing do do nude scenes, which makes sense considering she did a brief one in the first season and nothing else. Remember this is the actress with a past in dirty movies who did get some actual acting acclaim overseas. Would make sense she wanted to focus on her acting ability rather than the past. 

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I don't see her being named though, like I said it was lots of speculation. Maybe she did, maybe she didn't but the general consensus was that it was Shae refusing do do nude scenes, which makes sense considering she did a brief one in the first season and nothing else. Remember this is the actress with a past in dirty movies who did get some actual acting acclaim overseas. Would make sense she wanted to focus on her acting ability rather than the past. 

I linked that article because TUP said it was season one & that article shows that it was season 3.

It's true that the GOT refusal hasn't been confirmed as coming from her but Clarke has mentioned the same sentiment in other interviews.  She turned down 50 Shades of Grey because she didn't want to be known as an actress who always gets naked.

“I’d done nudity before and was concerned with being labeled for doing it again.”

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/03/27/emilia-clarke-talks-game-of-thrones-a-list-and-nudity/

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

I linked that article because TUP said it was season one & that article shows that it was season 3.

It's true that the GOT refusal hasn't been confirmed as coming from her but Clarke has mentioned the same sentiment in other interviews.  She turned down 50 Shades of Grey because she didn't want to be known as an actress who always gets naked.

“I’d done nudity before and was concerned with being labeled for doing it again.”

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/03/27/emilia-clarke-talks-game-of-thrones-a-list-and-nudity/

Yeah but to me that says more about knowing what a joke the 50 shades movie was than anything else. Lots of people turned down that movie. Quite frankly I don't expect her to do a lot more nudity in game of thrones anyway, they have been moving towards just using gratuitous nude scenes from nobody extras for a while now anyway. 

Other then her pretty much introduction in season 1 where she gets naked for that bath (while her brother was still alive) did she ever have any nude scenes again? I'd hardly deem her an on-screen nudist for that whoppin 6 seconds of boob.

yet shes been in bed with 2 different guys (showing nothing) and naked in flames (again showing nothing) she can afford a few more nude scenes lol

1 minute ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Other then her pretty much introduction in season 1 where she gets naked for that bath (while her brother was still alive) did she ever have any nude scenes again? I'd hardly deem her an on-screen nudist for that whoppin 6 seconds of boob.

yet shes been in bed with 2 different guys (showing nothing) and naked in flames (again showing nothing) she can afford a few more nude scenes lol

If I had a great physique I'd have no problem with nudity.  I'd want to show it off well I was young.  But for women in Hollywood, I can understand their perspective.  I depends on the reasoning.  many women are seen as courageous for nudity in roles where it is important to the plot or not being nude would be a distraction to a scene.  Its always amusing watching love scenes on TV and the actors contorting the sheets in magical ways to hide themselves when in reality, that is rarely the case for people having sex.

I still remember Halle Berry getting like $250k for 5 seconds of unspectacular boob in swordfish.  but there's a demand for it.  As you mention if you have the physique, you should probably be comfortable in your own skin. As an actor/actress, I would see it as opening a lot more doors for future roles.  It doesnt discredit your abilities, but if your willing to go all in for a role,  alot of people pay to see it, and want to work with it.  I would say Sharon stone is a good example.  despite being in Total recall, I would say Basic Instinct really set her career on fire for a good long time. people still took her seriously after the fact