Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

35 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

theres some rumors going around the internets that Disney is paying people to write bad reviews on DC movies to make their Marvel  movies look better lol i say,  that's a stretch.  they just need to watch most of the DC movies to realize why some people genuinely dont like them

LOL...yeah, everyone thinks that Disney is going around paying off people and the such.  So stupid.  It's because Snyder's movies suck are not good.

I'll see after tomorrow if the critics are right or not.

I wish I would have known how violent it was though.  I thought it was going to be like Man of Steel type action, but apparently it's pretty brutally violent.  I had bought my tickets before I read reviews and I'm bringing my kids.  I'll just cover their eyes if it gets too intense I guess.  Normally I like to go and watch these movies first before I bring them, but it's started Good Friday which messed things up (I normally go Friday after work with a co-worker, but I'm going on holidays starting next week and won't be back for 2 weeks, and my co-worker is busy and I wanted to watch it...).

Edited by Logan007

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Its rated PG 13, isnt it?  I know the R rated Blu Ray release will be extra violent.

Yeah it is.  That's why I thought it was ok.  But I watched the Collider review and the guys on their were saying it's intensely violent.  If it's just the kind of violence we saw in the trailer where Batman pounds on some guys, I'm ok with that, but if it's worse then that, I'll just hide their eyes.  Maybe they were just being overcautious?

16 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Yeah it is.  That's why I thought it was ok.  But I watched the Collider review and the guys on their were saying it's intensely violent.  If it's just the kind of violence we saw in the trailer where Batman pounds on some guys, I'm ok with that, but if it's worse then that, I'll just hide their eyes.  Maybe they were just being overcautious?

How old are your kids?  Apparently the film is 2.5 hours long.  Might need a bathroom break half way through!

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

How old are your kids?  Apparently the film is 2.5 hours long.  Might need a bathroom break half way through!

8 and 10.  They're usually good at holding it.  I don't buy anything to drink during those longer movies.  :D

Although I probably should have sat us closer to the isle in retrospect, just in case.

9 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

8 and 10.  They're usually good at holding it.  I don't buy anything to drink during those longer movies.  :D

Although I probably should have sat us closer to the isle in retrospect, just in case.

Sometimes I even need a bathroom break or find myself really holding it as we get beyond the two hours lol.  Although now that Cineplex has helpfully banned us from ordering large drinks to protect our health (and more room for the extra butter on the bucket of popcorn), its not as big a deal.

17to85 and I were talking about whether BvsS was worth seeing, and decided that unless the critics reviews were over the top in favour of it, we'd take a pass, because that last Superman movie was awful and nothing about the trailers gave me any hope for this. With the reviews being decidedly in the shitter (last check was 33% on Rotten Tomatoes), they're not going to get my theatre dollar just so I can see if it's good or not. I'll wait till it's on Shaw On Demand....if then.

59 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Sometimes I even need a bathroom break or find myself really holding it as we get beyond the two hours lol.  Although now that Cineplex has helpfully banned us from ordering large drinks to protect our health (and more room for the extra butter on the bucket of popcorn), its not as big a deal.

Seriously, they banned large drinks?  LOL...people are going to go home and drink **** no matter what.  I personally don't drink soda so whatever, but that sounds dumb.  I'm usually good at holding it throughout the entire movie.

it was a smart move, me and oldest went to Gods Of Egypt 2 weeks ago, and got to the theater like an hour early for some quality arcade time. needless to say after killin it on dance dance revolution for an hour we were sweaty as hell and both downed our drinks before the movie even 1/4 of the way in so i had to go get us more drinks

5 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

it was a smart move, me and oldest went to Gods Of Egypt 2 weeks ago, and got to the theater like an hour early for some quality arcade time. needless to say after killin it on dance dance revolution for an hour we were sweaty as hell and both downed our drinks before the movie even 1/4 of the way in so i had to go get us more drinks

I would pay to watch you on Dance Dance revolution.

16 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Seriously, they banned large drinks?  LOL...people are going to go home and drink **** no matter what.  I personally don't drink soda so whatever, but that sounds dumb.  I'm usually good at holding it throughout the entire movie.

Yup, they discontinued the large size.  When asked they said it was due to government regulation. ie. the government had banned large drinks.  However, that was not true.  It was because some provincial government was bringing in a law requiring nutritional information to be displayed.  Cineplex assumed people would see the large drink calorie count and opt for the "regular" so they preemptively discontinued the large size and made "regular" the new large, charging the old price for a real large.  Cash grab.

The concern for my health is disingenuous because while she was telling me large was discontinued for government health regulation reasons she then offered me a gigantic tub of popcorn with extra topping.  Plus, when they have special promotional tie-ins that include special drinks, those are the old "large" size (for an even larger price). 

Long story short, I find the regular drink sizes too small when you're munching on salty popcorn. 

19 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yup, they discontinued the large size.  When asked they said it was due to government regulation. ie. the government had banned large drinks.  However, that was not true.  It was because some provincial government was bringing in a law requiring nutritional information to be displayed.  Cineplex assumed people would see the large drink calorie count and opt for the "regular" so they preemptively discontinued the large size and made "regular" the new large, charging the old price for a real large.  Cash grab.

The concern for my health is disingenuous because while she was telling me large was discontinued for government health regulation reasons she then offered me a gigantic tub of popcorn with extra topping.  Plus, when they have special promotional tie-ins that include special drinks, those are the old "large" size (for an even larger price). 

Long story short, I find the regular drink sizes too small when you're munching on salty popcorn. 

That's so stupid.

Speaking of popcorn, can they like, take half the salt out?  Geez, it feels like popcorn at movies is getting saltier and saltier.  My kids and I shared a large at Zootopia, and with all 3 of us eating from it, my lips felt dehydrated (those salt lips you get...you know what I mean) after we got halfway through the large.  And I wasn't even the one eating most of it.  Seriously, cut half the salt and give me more butter and I'm good to go.  I actually prefer buttery popcorn then salty.  Light salt, heavy butter...do it...DO IT NOW!

last few movies Ive gone to (Triple 9, Gods of Egypt) ive been getting less and less thrilled with the popcorn, it's not quite as salty as the free popcorn you used to get from Jumbo Video but it's getting up there.  I find myself eating maybe half a bag then giving up on it.  I still buy it though cuz what is going to the movies without popcorn,  but I'm some days wishing for the price and quality they one day partner up with Kernels

I agree guys.  I always hate myself after the fact for getting popcorn.  but it's so ingrained in me to get it that I have to.  I hate that it sticks in my teeth and then I have crazy OCD trying to work it out with my tongue all movie.  And ofcourse, its doubly worse when I run out of soda!

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Wholly! No G rated Disney movies for them this week?

I know, I'm bad.  They've seen every Marvel (MCU) movie.  I've only just let them watch Winter Soldier and Man of Steel.  We're a big comic book movie family...and Star Wars.  Most of the stuff they normally watch is fluff though.

2 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

last few movies Ive gone to (Triple 9, Gods of Egypt) ive been getting less and less thrilled with the popcorn, it's not quite as salty as the free popcorn you used to get from Jumbo Video but it's getting up there.  I find myself eating maybe half a bag then giving up on it.  I still buy it though cuz what is going to the movies without popcorn,  but I'm some days wishing for the price and quality they one day partner up with Kernels

Would be a huge fan if you could get Kernels popcorn for a movie.  Though with the movie concession markup on an already expensive bag of popcorn, it would probably cost you $25 just for a bag.

I think the salt goes up because salt is cheap and makes you want an overpriced drink.

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I agree guys.  I always hate myself after the fact for getting popcorn.  but it's so ingrained in me to get it that I have to.  I hate that it sticks in my teeth and then I have crazy OCD trying to work it out with my tongue all movie.  And ofcourse, its doubly worse when I run out of soda!

I'm with you.  I almost always get some.  It's not the same without a bit of popcorn.  And I'm totally with you on going crazy trying to get it out of my teeth.  My tongue ends up with a sore on it at the end of the movie that hurts for days after from picking at my damn teeth.  And then you're like "I need to use my fingernail to get out this one piece...but I don't want to stick my fingers in my mouth because disgusting germs at a movie theater...AAAAAH I'M GOING IN!!!!"

Edited by Logan007

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Would be a huge fan if you could get Kernels popcorn for a movie.  Though with the movie concession markup on an already expensive bag of popcorn, it would probably cost you $25 just for a bag.

I think the salt goes up because salt is cheap and makes you want an overpriced drink.

at St.Vital Silver City theres a Kernels just outside their arcades, I've snuck in a few bags claiming it's their fault for setting it up like that, I'm actually surprised I dont do that more often,  they even seal the bag for you at kernels which makes it all the more easier to hide.  buying it straight from there is roughly on par with the movie prices too for popcorn

4 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

at St.Vital Silver City theres a Kernels just outside their arcades, I've snuck in a few bags claiming it's their fault for setting it up like that, I'm actually surprised I dont do that more often,  they even seal the bag for you at kernels which makes it all the more easier to hide.  buying it straight from there is roughly on par with the movie prices too for popcorn

Hey, you could just claim that you bought it to bring home, not to eat in the theater.  Be like "dude I'm not going to eat this awesome popcorn in the theater and waste it like that".