Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

35 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Glad to hear this.  I think what WB doesn't understand is its so important to have the right person overseeing the vision.  Marvel has that.  And WB thought they did with Snyder.  But its WB;s own fault for keeping him after MoS.  He was clearly in over his head.  The other mistake WB's made was rushing to catch up with Marvel.

I really like the tone of Suicide Squad.  And their marketing has been tremendous.

One concern is that they were sent back in for re-shoots...three weeks worth which is a lot.  My other concern is that this is WB rushing through things by showing us an assembled group of bad guys without any introduction to the bad guys.  But I guess the one main story line in DCCU is that Batman is 40+ so there are 20 years worth of Batman bad guys.

33 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I really like the tone of Suicide Squad.  And their marketing has been tremendous.

One concern is that they were sent back in for re-shoots...three weeks worth which is a lot.  My other concern is that this is WB rushing through things by showing us an assembled group of bad guys without any introduction to the bad guys.  But I guess the one main story line in DCCU is that Batman is 40+ so there are 20 years worth of Batman bad guys.

I thought the re-shoots were being done because of the feedback from the BVS and them wanting to have a darker tone to the movie?

16 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I thought the re-shoots were being done because of the feedback from the BVS and them wanting to have a darker tone to the movie?

The speculation was that they wanted more humour, not more darkness.  BvS was joyless and heavy.  The rumour was all the jokes in Suicide Squad were in the first trailer.  But the director and actors have said the reshoots are not adding humour.  Supposedly adding even more action.  The director implied that the studio loved the film so let the director add whatever he wanted.  I guess in a way its increasing the budget after seeing the film and realizing how good it is.

I wonder if they will add some more Batman to it.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The speculation was that they wanted more humour, not more darkness.  BvS was joyless and heavy.  The rumour was all the jokes in Suicide Squad were in the first trailer.  But the director and actors have said the reshoots are not adding humour.  Supposedly adding even more action.  The director implied that the studio loved the film so let the director add whatever he wanted.  I guess in a way its increasing the budget after seeing the film and realizing how good it is.

I wonder if they will add some more Batman to it.

Oh okay, cause clearly they didnt show all the humour in the first trailer.

Maybe Ayers adding some R scenes to it.

Margot Robbie needs to control that NY accent.

29 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Oh okay, cause clearly they didnt show all the humour in the first trailer.

Maybe Ayers adding some R scenes to it.

Margot Robbie needs to control that NY accent.

I noticed her accent is inconsistent too.  I like the voice of Haley from the video games.  But Robbie os dealing with an Aussie accent already plus she's Margot Robbie so Ill forgive her.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I noticed her accent is inconsistent too.  I like the voice of Haley from the video games.  But Robbie os dealing with an Aussie accent already plus she's Margot Robbie so Ill forgive her.

I could Bing this but is she dual-citizenship? I've heard Aussie and NY accent at same time. Aussie I can handle NY i can't.

9 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I could Bing this but is she dual-citizenship? I've heard Aussie and NY accent at same time. Aussie I can handle NY i can't.

Isn't Harley's accent a New York one?  Thats her put on accent for the role.

The video game accents are somewhat similar to Yael Stone from Orange is the New Black who is also Aussie and puts on a combined New York/Boston accent for the role.

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Not sure if you're joking?

I was not joking,  and when the first reshoots were announced it was because BVS had a great start.  

Now they are saying they wanted to add more humour....

Reactionary reshoots are usually not a great sign....

Mad Max had reshoots really early on because when the studio saw the first cut they fell in love and wanted to add more action and over the top scenes and had no problems tossing money at the film to do so.  Those kind of reshoots are great!

6 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I don't mind reshoots at all.

Depends what the reasons are.  When Star Trek Generations came out, they went back to re-shoot the Kirk death.  Still wasn't any good.

Word is that during BvS Affleck was helping re-write scenes during shooting, usually not a good sign.  If Suicide Squad is back in because the studio is giving more money to punch of action sequences, then thats cool.  If its a reaction to BvS, it probably isn't.

typically in the cartoons and video games, Harley Quinn had a boston accent, really comes on thick when she calls the Joker Mr. J. but since her character hasnt been introduced yet in the DCCU they might try their own flavor to the character, which I'm not opposed to.  I think for look wise they definitely made a good pick from what ive seen in the trailers

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

typically in the cartoons and video games, Harley Quinn had a boston accent, really comes on thick when she calls the Joker Mr. J. but since her character hasnt been introduced yet in the DCCU they might try their own flavor to the character, which I'm not opposed to.  I think for look wise they definitely made a good pick from what ive seen in the trailers

Not sure about that, being entirely correct.  There are threads out there that go back years talking about what kind of accent it is and most of the talk is on some kind of NY accent (there are different NY accents - Brooklyn, Staten Island, Long Island, ect) or maybe a Jersey one.  A lot of people think that because it's not a legit accent, it kind of has elements of different ones (Boston included).

is that not just people's opinion then too if it's on other threads out there, not much unlike this one?  without trying to be too prejudicial, I always got the feeling the "basic" new york accent was derived from a large Italian immigrant populace, where as Boston was more Irish.  could be way off but thats what I've always believed as to why they had different accents.  in the case of Harley Quinn, I always thought it sounded like the way Ted described Boston chicks in the movie Ted

JJ Abrams and Simon Pegg were featured at CinemaCon...and had nothing to add regarding Star Trek Beyond which releases in July.  Even more strange, Pegg presented JJ with an award which included footage of Star Wars (this seemed to be a Paramount event). 

What is going on with STB?  One trailer (that was not well received) and zero marketing of what is supposed to be a major summer blockbuster.