Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

12 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Agreed, I'm convinced they're hoping people will be forced to buy another drink during the movie.

....at what point was that ever in question?  Next thing, you'll be telling me that bars give out free snacks so you'll buy more drinks!!!!!!!!! 

Edited by Noeller

what bars give out free snacks? not that i'd overly feel safe munching on some cashews left out in the open unpackaged, but I've spent a toonie or 2 on 5 or 6 spicy peanuts at the george, good stuff when your drinking on an empty stomach

the thing I'm more curious about at movies is the extra charge for butter vs the free stuff you can squirt out at the napkin/straw stands.  I've never really tried popcorn with both at the same visit, but is it a really significant difference?

15 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

what bars give out free snacks? not that i'd overly feel safe munching on some cashews left out in the open unpackaged, but I've spent a toonie or 2 on 5 or 6 spicy peanuts at the george, good stuff when your drinking on an empty stomach

the thing I'm more curious about at movies is the extra charge for butter vs the free stuff you can squirt out at the napkin/straw stands.  I've never really tried popcorn with both at the same visit, but is it a really significant difference?

They seem to taste the same. The benefit to getting it at time of order is asking them to layer it rather then only having the top buttered. I generally opt for both. 

I saw a hack where the self serve dispenser is perfect for using a straw as a spout and directing the butter deeper into your popcorn

I didnt know where to put this but was seeing a bunch of theories popping up in my news feed,  but I kinda feel like in rewatching these movies with this in mind,  it might give it a different feel.  Might be total BS but it makes a lot of good points and an interesting watch for the 15 mins that it is

apparently Jared Leto's Joker is supposed to be the spotlight stealer in the Suicide Squad.  I was a little skeptical of him doing the role, especially with how he looked in the trailers, but sounds like he took it and ran with it.  good to hear, but i'm taking it with a grain of salt for right now, cuz what director isnt going to pump his movies tires.

http://hellogiggles.com/jared-leto-joker-suicide-squad-cast/

Jared Leto's Joker totally blew away the "Suicide Squad" cast

Sammy Nickalls / March 25, 2016 4:27 am
jared-500x375.jpg

Warner Bros. Pictures

It’s no secret that Jared Leto has been really, really into his part as Joker in the upcoming Suicide Squad — after all, he *did* give a dead pig as a gift — but it turns out all of his creepy antics are paying off. According to the film’s director, David Ayer, Jared’s performance is “world-stopping.”

Speaking to Total Film (via DCVertigoDaily), David explained that the entire crew stopped everything they were doing whenever Jared would walk on set:

“What Jared has done is absolutely incredible. When he steps onto the set the world stops. Everything stops. What he’s done is so powerful, so menacing, and so palpable, you can feel him. The crew stops working and just watches him. I have to get everybody going again because he’s so fascinating.”

This chilling effect doesn’t come without work. TBH, his Joker has been freaking us out (in an awesome way) for almost a year now, but we think it’s been freaking out the cast more, especially considering he’s a serious method actor.

“He did some bad things, Jared Leto did,” co-star Viola Davis told Vanity Fair back in February. “He gave some really horrific gifts. He had a henchman who would come into the rehearsal room, and the henchman came in with a dead pig and plopped it on the table, and then he walked out. And that was our introduction into Jared Leto.”

In fact, Jared even sent each individual cast member creepy gifts. “I’m terrified as a person thinking, ‘Is he crazy?’ But the second part was, ‘Oh ****, I gotta have my stuff together. You talk about commitment,’” Viola recalled. “And then he sends Margot Robbie a black rat. It was still alive, in a box. She screamed. . . And then she kept it!”

Talk about commitment! If he stopped the crew dead in their tracks, we can’t imagine how awesomely creeped out we’ll be when we see Suicide Squad in theaters on August 5th.

Nothing much in the spoiler thread yet. I gave it a 6/10. It just missed so many marks. Affleck is good, Irons is good, Gal is good (in what little you see) the action scenes are good. Eisenberg is NOT any Lex Luthor I've seen before. I didn't like him. Editing was junk, the plots were empty for certain aspects of the film. There are parts of the movie that, if you're not a comic book, you just won't get. And those parts are setting up Justice League, so to me it would have been better if they made it more understandable.  

I don't know, it was just ok for me, but that's just my opinion. I'm sure there are others that will have differing opinions, but that's mine. 

I'd say go see it, you'll love the action scenes, but the movie does drag at times. 

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I'll go to spoiler later on. But sitting on the theatre now watching end credits and I feel like I was best up for two hours. 

Flashes of cool and great. Too much none sense. Snyder needs to stop. 

Yup, 2 hours is what I thought it should be cut down to as well. I hope someone takes over from Snyder soon, but I don't think so. 

47 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

While waiting for the end credits a guy a few rows back says "the end credit scene should be an apology". 

It felt like a film that gets screened before the editing process. But I won't say much more here 

That's hilarious.

There was no end credit scene was there?  I heard there wasn't so I left.