White Out or Blue Job

Floyd

Charge of the white brigade was a thing too.

Whoever greenlit that promotion was an idiot / genius.

They were an idiot because the real charge was a horrendous military disaster and why would you brand your team that way?

They were a genius because the charge was also a gallant effort in the face of a vastly superior opponent -- just like the 1990 Jets vs. Oilers series.

Just heard on TSN, they had Kevin Donnelly (I think it was him, but a True North representative) on.  He basically said, the Jets being the new kids on the block, they wouldn't dream of asking the league to wear white at home.  But they do encourage the fans to wear white for the tradition.

which will be ******** when the team is wearing dark......

Flames fans wore red when the team was in white. Seemed to turn out alright.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but if we start following what ******* FLAMES *fans* are doing........then I'm all the way out.....

I don't think you are getting it, the Flame "fans" copied Winnipeg.  Winnipeg was the innovator.  The only thing that comes close for originality was the towel power of the 1982 Canucks.

And the Canucks stole that from the Pittsburgh Steelers.

which will be ******** when the team is wearing dark......

Flames fans wore red when the team was in white. Seemed to turn out alright.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but if we start following what ******* FLAMES *fans* are doing........then I'm all the way out.....

I don't think you are getting it, the Flame "fans" copied Winnipeg. Winnipeg was the innovator. The only thing that comes close for originality was the towel power of the 1982 Canucks.

The Flames did red first. The Jets did white and a lot of teams copied the white.

Saw people on twitter asking about "Jump" and whether it was being saved for the first playoff game.  Any chance the team enters to Jump?  I always thought they were saving those 1.0 things for a retro night or something but I can imagine the crowd going even more ape if that song hits.  At least those of us who equate Jump with the Jets and nothing else.

Wpg's whiteout was absolutely a response to Cgy's "C of Red". Surprising to hear so many suggest otherwise, as it's pretty widely publicized.

Fair enough.

I'll second the comment that the Vancouver towel was totally original, Nielsen stood up on the bench and waved a towel as a white flag to the refs, who were totally screwing the Canucks with bad call after bad call. The fans of Vancouver responded and with King Richard Brodeur carried that team all the way to the finals. There's actually a statute outside Rogers Arena in Vancouver with Nielsen waving a towel.

Saw people on twitter asking about "Jump" and whether it was being saved for the first playoff game.  Any chance the team enters to Jump?  I always thought they were saving those 1.0 things for a retro night or something but I can imagine the crowd going even more ape if that song hits.  At least those of us who equate Jump with the Jets and nothing else.

I give it about a .000001% chance of happening. It would be pretty cool though...