White Out or Blue Job

Floyd

Tait says the Jets may send a request to the league (and respectfully ask their opponent) for permission to switch jerseys, and wear whites at home...

Not a chance in hell that our opponents would sign off on that.

Just heard on TSN, they had Kevin Donnelly (I think it was him, but a True North representative) on.  He basically said, the Jets being the new kids on the block, they wouldn't dream of asking the league to wear white at home.  But they do encourage the fans to wear white for the tradition.

I'm still dumbfounded as to why Bettman forced the away uniforms to be worn at home.

Did the jets have to make a deal with PHX for the trademark? I'm sure I recall someone pointing out years ago that the Coyotes got the whiteout trademark at some point.

US trademark only maybe? http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4809:iyjt0g.2.19

Canada/Winnipeg abandoned... http://www.ic.gc.ca/app/opic-cipo/trdmrks/srch/vwTrdmrk.do?lang=eng&status=&fileNumber=1526249&extension=0&startingDocumentIndexOnPage=1

...then refiled http://www.ic.gc.ca/app/opic-cipo/trdmrks/srch/vwTrdmrk.do?lang=eng&status=&fileNumber=1674790&extension=0&startingDocumentIndexOnPage=1

:D

Tait says the Jets may send a request to the league (and respectfully ask their opponent) for permission to switch jerseys, and wear whites at home...

Just heard on TSN, they had Kevin Donnelly (I think it was him, but a True North representative) on.  He basically said, the Jets being the new kids on the block, they wouldn't dream of asking the league to wear white at home.  But they do encourage the fans to wear white for the tradition.

I'm still dumbfounded as to why Bettman forced the away uniforms to be worn at home.

Bettman didn't force anything. Some of the owners asked for the switch and the rules committee agreed. One of the owners said he had had thousands of requests from fans to make the change but there is also speculation that the switch was made to accommodate teams having third jerseys.

Bettman didn't force anything. Some of the owners asked for the switch and the rules committee agreed. One of the owners said he had had thousands of requests from fans to make the change but there is also speculation that the switch was made to accommodate teams having third jerseys.

The home/white unis just look better for most teams. Always been my beef.