Game 73: Jets @ Oilers

IC Khari

Myers has turned up his game like crazy, like his puck possession way better now, nice stick work too.  Frolik and Stafford looking great.

All of the new guys showing really well, if we end up with a fourth line of Thorburn-Slater-Stempniak for the playoffs, that's looking pretty impressive

I agree that PAV could start every game down the stretch but we do play Chicago again and Hutch seems to have their number this season so I'd probably give him a shot there. Pav tho is the guy right now, we are 3-0 in our last 3 games, they weren't pushover teams either, tbay, st louis and washington, Why would anybody want to screw with what's working right now?

It makes no sense, as for little and buff, nope, they won't be play tonight or tomorrow, maybe the week-end tho but again, if it aint broke, don't fix it. Be nice to have those 2 back but.. the team is 5-2 in their last 7 games, most of them without buff and little.

Sit those guys out if they can play? WTF?
No. Let them actually get healthy. Why rush them back and risk worsening the injury. Buff was 2 to 4 weeks. Not sure if it's been 2 full weeks yet. Little they didn't say how long and Chiarot and Perreault are "long term".

Was it just me or did Trouba look off last night?  I had to miss the 1st period, but from what I saw, he made a lot of errors and looked to be in a daze.

Thoughts?

Must be his habit.  Just kidding.  I didnt notice that he looked off though many of the Jets were pretty sloppy (giving me concern for tonight).  But I did notice that Myers was awesome.  Hes quickly becoming our best D.

Trouba led in ice time at 24 minutes.  I *think* recent ice time leaders have been closer to 27 minutes so it sounds like they used their third pairing a bit more which is wise with the back to back game.  It seemed to me they used their 3rd/4th lines more too (and have been trending that direction over this winning streak).

Was it just me or did Trouba look off last night? I had to miss the 1st period, but from what I saw, he made a lot of errors and looked to be in a daze.

Thoughts?

He's had quite a bit of giveaways in the last month... But he also has made equal amount of good plays and he's getting tonnes of ice time so the coach must like him.

All players have highs and lows and maybe he's having a bit of a low right now

Was it just me or did Trouba look off last night? I had to miss the 1st period, but from what I saw, he made a lot of errors and looked to be in a daze.

Thoughts?

He's had quite a bit of giveaways in the last month... But he also has made equal amount of good plays and he's getting tonnes of ice time so the coach must like him.

All players have highs and lows and maybe he's having a bit of a low right now

Yeah, Trouba's play in last 20 games or so has been so-so IMHO. Might as well call it sophomore jinx.

A lot has been asked of him.  I think he is doing well under the pressure.  He has good guys to learn from and will get better.  He will be Captain one day.

And besides that, he may have had the open ice hit of the year, one on one, with a forward last night against the Oilers.

Real old time hockey hit right there.

Tlusty has been the lesser of the new guys.  Stemp brings a lot of talent to the 4th line with the ability to play up in the case of injuries.  I assume he'd be interested since he said he seriously considered a Jets offer last summer.  Jets will surely make Stafford an offer but he will have several offers after his play since the trade. 

Trouba is still learning the NHL game....give him a break. He will soon be the best D man on the team and one of the best in the league.

In no way was I jumping all over him, he just didn't seem like himself last night.  Chill.

I love Trouba and what he brings to the team.  No doubt, he will one day be in the upper echelon of D-men in the NHL.

A lot has been asked of him.  I think he is doing well under the pressure.  He has good guys to learn from and will get better.  He will be Captain one day.

And besides that, he may have had the open ice hit of the year, one on one, with a forward last night against the Oilers.

Better then Buff or Scheif's hit?

Better then Buff or Scheif's hit?

Man, when we can talk about hits like those being mentioned here, it's all good. I loved both Schef's hit and Byfuglien's body tossing, but, still, when I see a defenceman taking the body and make the play, I'm reminded that it used to be - play the man, not the puck, and it's one of the hardest thing to do when a player is moving fast.