Game 72 : Crapitals @ Jets

Ladd had a maintenance day yesterday and is likely playing with an injury. Still enough jam in him to play 18 minute today. Also, who scored the SO winner the last game? He'll be more visible when Little returns to the lineup. They play well together.

As far as Ovi goes, playing with Backstrom and only playing one side of the red line, he should be scoring upwards of 65-70 goals a game. He just stands beside the net on the PP and waits for the puck. Reminds me of Pavel Bure, another one dimensional player.

Ladd had a maintenance day yesterday and is likely playing with an injury. Still enough jam in him to play 18 minute today. Also, who scored the SO winner the last game? He'll be more visible when Little returns to the lineup. They play well together.

As far as Ovi goes, playing with Backstrom and only playing one side of the red line, he should be scoring upwards of 65-70 goals a game. He just stands beside the net on the PP and waits for the puck. Reminds me of Pavel Bure, another one dimensional player.

I'd take Bure in a heartbeat. The guy was a great goal scorer. He & Teemu Selanne were filling NHL nets with goals back in 1992-93. When I think of Bure one dimensional doesn't come to mind. You might as well say Teemu was one dimensional because all he scored was 76 goals that season. 

Bure couldn't hold Teemu's jockstrap.....6 years of eligibility before he gets in the hall....wonder why....how many ti mes you thi nk Teemu will be eligible before being voted in......maybe you have him mixed up with Mogilny? Bure was a very one dimensional player. How can you possibly say he wasn't a one dimensional player? Was he ever sighted on his side of the red line?

I'd take Bure in a heartbeat. The guy was a great goal scorer. He & Teemu Selanne were filling NHL nets with goals back in 1992-93. When I think of Bure one dimensional doesn't come to mind. You might as well say Teemu was one dimensional because all he scored was 76 goals that season. 

Sacrilege!

Pavs made key saves at the end of the game when the defense played soft...   

Overall it was a very good fast pace game to watch and Stafford is just a solid addition that I really hope we keep.   

My only gripe is that Ladd really seems invisible as of late ...  in regards to the other thread I really think Buff is a much bigger difference maker then Ladd....

I was not aware of Stafford's hands. Wow.

You can tell Pavelec is playing with new found confidence. No happy feet, his positional play was outstanding last night. For the most part, hooved in the puck, caps had very few rebounds.

I watched the Oil game afterwards and Scrivens played like bad Pavelec, i.e., made outstanding saves at times but his positional play was atrocious. Even my 10 year old son pointed it out.

Difference between Stamkos and OVI tho is stamkos actually hustles back in the play, I'm not knocking OVI, i actually really like the guy, he seems to be a pretty nice down to earth guy, he's just a cherry picker tho. It's cool, Like i said, i'd take a guy who can score 50 on the Jets any time really. Ovi and Stamkos aren't as bad as Kessel tho, I mean at least at times OVI tries to get back in the play to help out Defensively. Kessel doesn't come past the center line very often.

I'd take OVI on the Jets in a second, Russian factor? Nah, Cuz then every russian who could score would be a cherry picker, Tarasenko,Malkin but they arent', they are complete 2 way players, OVI isn't really, he's very good tho, he just concentrates more on scoring goals than playing D and that's fine. 

I guess you can say, OVI is paid to score goals, he's doing that in bunches so he's doing his job really. 

Ovi is a pos that I wouldn't take on any of my fave teams. He "goes away" easy of you hit him and limit his scoring opportunities. Get in his lane and block stuff, he'll go away quick. It's what Canada did to him in 2005 and it's worked, to varying degrees of success, ever since.

OVI doesnt get the lazy tag for being Russian.  I think he's long been considered an anti-Russian in how he plays.  He plays big and he hits.  Maybe lazy was the wrong word I used...opportunistic might be better.  I only noticed him three times during the game.  1) parked at the dot on the PP, never moved, and everyone else funneled shots to him and he always shot even if it was a bad decision 2) streaking down the wing (because he's fast) but Myers usually was all over him  3) lollygagging at the blue line waiting for a lead pass (probably late in the game when they were desperate)

He sure looked like a different player when he had the vanilla gorilla hanging all over him.  Even switched sides to get away from him.