Assimilation (We Are Borg?)

Tracker

Riderfans is at a different level of bizarre. A handful of guys who like football and thousands of nut jobs just fighting and being pricks for the sake of it.

If they aren't doing nuclear testing in SK yet they should seriously consider it.

I spent a year in Estevan called July and August in 1990. That town makes Honey Boo-Boo look like Stephen Hawking.

I got a buddy who just moved there... Tattoo artist, of all careers.. I have to assume hes pretty much braindead by this point..

Then he's probably joined a cowboy church and is ready to vote for Brad Wall.

Riderfans is at a different level of bizarre. A handful of guys who like football and thousands of nut jobs just fighting and being pricks for the sake of it.

If they aren't doing nuclear testing in SK yet they should seriously consider it.

I spent a year in Estevan called July and August in 1990. That town makes Honey Boo-Boo look like Stephen Hawking.

I got a buddy who just moved there... Tattoo artist, of all careers.. I have to assume hes pretty much braindead by this point..

"cowboy church" ? do tell.

You should tell your buddy to really have some fun and mess with them. He can misspell every word on his tattoos on purpose and just sit back and laugh at the fact that nobody notices.

Since many Albertans are Texas wannabees, they tend to follow US fads. The "Cowboy Church" started in Texas and church goers are expected to dress as cowpersons and speak in supposed cowperson idioms, and the sermons are delivered in the same vernacular. The church now has branches in Sask and Alberta.

Since many Albertans are Texas wannabees, they tend to follow US fads. The "Cowboy Church" started in Texas and church goers are expected to dress as cowpersons and speak in supposed cowperson idioms, and the sermons are delivered in the same vernacular. The church now has branches in Sask and Alberta.

Cowboy Church services are EXTREMELY serious stuff....they're in MB, too. Has nothing to do with "Texas Wannabees", and everything to do with the Western way of life, which is very much alive, especially out here in the foothills. Likewise, Cowboy Poetry is a very big deal...

Cowboy Church services are EXTREMELY serious stuff....they're in MB, too. Has nothing to do with "Texas Wannabees", and everything to do with the Western way of life, which is very much alive, especially out here in the foothills. Likewise, Cowboy Poetry is a very big deal...

I have a very difficult time seeing a church where people have to dress up in costumes and pretend to speak like they are living in 1870 Dodge City as "serious". I would have the same reaction if a church sprang up where everyone was required to dress as pirates with eyepatches and parrots and speak with phrases like "aye matey", "arr" and "shiver me timbers".

I have a very difficult time seeing a church where people have to dress up in costumes and pretend to speak like they are living in 1870 Dodge City as "serious". I would have the same reaction if a church sprang up where everyone was required to dress as pirates with eyepatches and parrots and speak with phrases like "aye matey", "arr" and "shiver me timbers".

Do you take any church service that seriously? What with all the traditions and the priests playing dress up with the robes and what not. 

It's not costumes....it's just church where people wear "Western Dress", which is something people out here wear regularly. There's Western Casual and Western Dress. A lot of people out here live every day in Western Casual, and then for church or other special occasions, you wear Western Dress. 

This isn't some Star Trek convention...this is how these people live their lives. They're cattle and horse ranchers...

It's not costumes....it's just church where people wear "Western Dress", which is something people out here wear regularly. There's Western Casual and Western Dress. A lot of people out here live every day in Western Casual, and then for church or other special occasions, you wear Western Dress. 

This isn't some Star Trek convention...this is how these people live their lives. They're cattle and horse ranchers...

Lol, I swear I thought that said a church where people wear "Weston Dressler", and I imagined all these green #7 jerseys sitting in the pews. Pretty sure the line would have to be drawn there.

I'm sorry but most religious congregations are basically a Star Trek convention. 

If dressing up like a caricature and putting on some affected accent is part of your weekly "worship" then I strongly suggest stepping away from organized religion for a while and perhaps reading a science book or two.

Dollars to donuts they'll be serving cyanide Kool Aid at one of these things in a few years.

Cowboy churches? What happens if you are not a cowboy and you know maybe just wanna go pray. Gotta buy chaps with sequins on them? I get that there are cowboys in Alberta and Saskatchewan....that's great. Making it a requirement for entry....that's absurd. It does sound silly even to a Westerner. I am a little surprised by Saskatchewan not embracing Hillbilly church though....mind you, I guess they just call that regular church.

OK, now you're actually getting close to being Saskatchewan-ish creepy with all that Weston Dressler talk

Here's a thought.  If you think "cowboy church" is silly, don't go.  If you think that regular church is silly, don't go.  But judge not...

I wonder how many folks setting up these churches share the same "to each their own" attitude as you?

Call up a cowboy church and ask if they perform gay marriages? I have a pretty good idea what the answer will be...

Here's a thought.  If you think "cowboy church" is silly, don't go.  If you think that regular church is silly, don't go.  But judge not...

I wonder how many folks setting up these churches share the same "to each their own" attitude as you?

Call up a cowboy church and ask if they perform gay marriages? I have a pretty good idea what the answer will be...

WTF does that have to do with anything?

Call up a Chinese restaurant and ask them if they do fondue, if they don't should they be ridiculed on a football forum?