Evander Kane & Bogo Traded to Buffalo

Rich

If Smail had hands he would have been a 40+ goal scorer.

I'd offer Frolik 4.3 and 4.5 for a two year contract. If he doesn't like it, I would trade him before the deadline.

Both Myers and Stafford seem to llike the atmosphere here and Myers commented about how they expected a hard game whenever they played against the Jets. He said he liked the way the Jets play the game and how it feels good to be part of that that the satndards are higher here.

Stafford mentioned how nice it was to be in a game with that atmosphere to it and how every game counts from here on in and how he missed that.

Mats Zucarello would be a guy I would target in free agency if you could sign him for 3 years at 14 million or so. I would also see how much Glencross would want for 3 years to leave Calgary. If he would play for 11 million or so, I would sign him.

Absolutely do not trade Frolik before the deadline. If we didn't have him he's the kind of player we would target as a rental for the playoff push so why would we trade him?

Winnick would be nice. But the way chevy talks about getting Halischuck back and armia I think he wants a cheaper piece or will stick with our own guys.

Westwood tweeted that he can't see jets keeping buff, trouba, Myers next season because it's too much money to spend on the right side of D. But I think the opposite. Myers contract is so unique you're getting almost a $6 million d man at half price. That's exactly why we will keep those three.

do you pay frolik the same you pay bryan little? Isn't little making like 4.7 per year? If Frolik is looking for between 4.5 and 5 milion, i'd let him go elsewhere to get it cuz reality is, he's a 3rd line winger on a good team. I doubt they move him b4 the deadline, but i really don't see them signing him for anything more than 4 million. He's a 3rd line winger, 4 million is as high as i would go with an offer for him. He's a good player but... he doesn't deserve to be paid anywhere near close to what Little is making. 

I don't believe in keeping players if they aren't going to stay with the team...same as rentals, unless you are close to winning the cup. If Fro isn't going to be here next year, trade him for whatever you can get for him.

Wrap him up in a package for a top 6 forward? Fro, Stuart, Burmi and a 1st for a young top 6? As stated above, Fro is a good 3rd liner and I think he is really good on the PK. I wouldn't over pay and I wouldn't let him walk without something in return. Now, if you are close to signing him and think it will happen, by all means keep him as he will help us make the playoffs and then in the playoffs.

Hoping Armia will crack the top 6 in a couple of years but he should be a shoe in for a 3rd liner as Lemieux would be a 3rd liner. Petan in the middle of Armia/Perrault and Lemieux in 2 to 3 years? Schief, Ehlers and Armia/Perrault The above mentioned trade for a top 6 winger would have to go somewhere too. Lowry would center Komaschuk and ???.

I REALLY like our D pairings right now although I will like it better with Morrissey on the team. Paying Myers half of what he is worth makes him affordable on the D.

Myers is pretty much the same cap hit as bogo even if we're paying him less

Frolik should stay - he plays anywhere and is almost never injured - can't let a guy like that walk - 4.5 is fair, going up to 5.5 in a couple years

Don't forget Perrault and frolic can play LW - Scheifele could even convert imo

I don't believe in keeping players if they aren't going to stay with the team...same as rentals, unless you are close to winning the cup. If Fro isn't going to be here next year, trade him for whatever you can get for him.

Wrap him up in a package for a top 6 forward? Fro, Stuart, Burmi and a 1st for a young top 6? As stated above, Fro is a good 3rd liner and I think he is really good on the PK. I wouldn't over pay and I wouldn't let him walk without something in return. Now, if you are close to signing him and think it will happen, by all means keep him as he will help us make the playoffs and then in the playoffs.

Hoping Armia will crack the top 6 in a couple of years but he should be a shoe in for a 3rd liner as Lemieux would be a 3rd liner. Petan in the middle of Armia/Perrault and Lemieux in 2 to 3 years? Schief, Ehlers and Armia/Perrault The above mentioned trade for a top 6 winger would have to go somewhere too. Lowry would center Komaschuk and ???.

I REALLY like our D pairings right now although I will like it better with Morrissey on the team. Paying Myers half of what he is worth makes him affordable on the D.

I agreed with not trading for rentals or players who were going to walk for the first couple of years the Jets were here.  But the cupboards were bare and we had no prospects / assets or depth..

But right now, the Jets are flush with prospects.  

The NHL has a 50 contract limit that each team must abide by.  This included contracts in the pros and minors (I believe junior players who have signed as well).   I haven't done the math on where the Jets are right now, but with the prospects we have coming up in the next couple of years, this is going to have to be watched and managed.

With the recent Buffalo trade, many experts are saying the Jets are right up there with the best prospects in the league.  Lets be honest, if we trade Frolik it is going to be for prospects or draft picks because he is a UFA after this year.   How many prospects do we really need?  We can't keep them all, how do we decide which ones we are going to keep.  

Bottom line is, you can't take the last step before you take the first.   The Jets aren't going to be contenders until they are able to make the playoffs and experience what it takes to win once they get in there.  The longer we delay that, the longer we delay them being contenders.  

Trading Frolik sends the wrong message to this team.  They have worked their asses off this year, have taken the punishment on their bodies that their style of play demands of them.  And to have the GM trade one of the important pieces of the team THIS year, tells those players that what they've sacrificed is for nothing.  And they won't be sacrificing next year.  And when their contracts come due, they won't re-sign here.  They will go to an organization that wants to win.

We can argue this back and forth, but at the end of the day I can guarantee Chevy isn't going to be trading Frolik as long as we are in the playoff hunt unless it is for a trade to strengthen that playoff push.  

Frolik should stay - he plays anywhere and is almost never injured - can't let a guy like that walk - 4.5 is fair, going up to 5.5 in a couple years

I thought Myers was 3 mill per year while Bogosian was 4.5? I m pretty sure Lawless had the break down on Thursday in the free press.

I thought Myers was 3 mill per year while Bogosian was 4.5? I m pretty sure Lawless had the break down on Thursday in the free press.

Myers has a favourable contract where actual cash values decline - cap hit is still the same, lawless article didn't make a lot of sense

Myers cap hit is $5.5M per year for the length of his contact (expiring after 2018/2019).  But his actual salary is  $5M this year, $5M next year then $4M, then $3.5M, then $3M

Bogosian's cap hit is $5.13M per year for the length of his contract.  But his actual salary is $4M this year, then $5.25M, then $5.25M, then $5.5M, then $6M  (I think he has one more year after that, but nhlnumbers.com doesn't show it)

So for a non-cap team like the Jets, this is a fantastic deal as they budget based on actual dollars paid out and Myers contract will allow them to come up closer to the cap.

The Frolik is rally quite simple. Why did we trade for Stafford? Because we are a playoff bubble team right now and they desperately want to make the playoffs. Frolik is exactly the type of player the jets would be targeting as a rental if he played for someone else. Good news is he already plays for us. He's a "free" rental at worst.

I think people are pushing the idea of Myers getting traded again for two reasons: Defense is a strength of the jets while Meyers has a big cap hit and the huge interest in him around the league.

But as noted in a couple years he's like getting a $6 million d man for half price.

Chevy would also be sending the message that he wants people signed and not going into the offseason wondering what Fro is going to do. I stand by what I said earlier, if he doesn't sign, wrap him up in another deal and get a top 6 with some contract left. Chevy has as much as said he isn't done dealing if the right deal comes along....he is looking for a top 9 everyone says, I would be looking for  a top 6. I am not calling down Fro here, I like what he adds to the team. He has to be signed to play tho.

Chevy has some $$ to spend and where better to spend it than a player that helps us into the playoffs as a top 6? Even if it takes a bit more of what i said above. Burmi, 1st rounder from sabres, Fro, Stuart and a 2nd in 2016? This is supposed to be a really deep draft so that 1st from Buffalo is nothing to sneeze at. ****, give them Postma too.

Also, 4.5 to 5.5 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much for Fro and Chevy will never give him that much.

Here is a link to salaries and term and cap hit...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=WIN

I'm sure with the freed up cash from the big trade that they will try to keep Frolik and extend Buff and Ladd....   I don't see any of those guys being showed the door.  

Chevy has already unloaded all the dead weight guys from the Thrashers so I don't see this club unloading really anyone for the time being. 

Dead weight? Kane and Bogo were dead weight? Wow, Chevy sure got a lot for some dead weight!

Who isn't giving up a top 6? Make the trade with someone out of the playoffs. Carolina? Edmonton? There's a lot of teams not making the playoffs this year that would love to have a first round pick in this year's draft with the leadership of Stuart and Fro as well as the right s to Burmi....like I said, throw in Postma too.....What I suggested is not enough for Eberle? Edmonton needs help on D and will be moving players... good players. TO is supposed to be in the market to for trades as is Arizona. Am I not offering enough?

I love the fact that the NHL is back in town and we can have these debates and I absolutely love the way the Jets are building a team.

Unless there is a strong possibility of him signing with us, I would get something for him befire the deadline.

Been reading some interesting offers (rumors) the Jets have received for Myers already....wow.

You would trade Frolik??? I don't get this....

UFA's who don't sign before the tradeline deadline should be traded. IMHO.