Jets @ Penguins - Jan 27 @ 6:00 pm

Jacquie

Tweets out of Pittsburgh:

Thomas Greiss is the first goalie off the ice and is expected to start for #Pens vs #NHLJets

#Pens defensive pairings: Martin-Letang Bortuzzo-Ehrhoff Despres-Scuderi-Harrington

Today’s #Pens lines at skate: Hornqvist-Sutter-Bennett Perron-Spaling-Kunitz Arcobello-Goc-Downie Sill-Ebbett-Adams

Nothing on Jets line-up at the time I posted this.

Go Jets Go!!

#NHLJets lines for game vs #Pens this am are: Ladd-Little-Wheeler, Perreault-Scheifele-Frolik, Kane-Lowry-Thorburn, Halischuk-Slater-Peluso

Same lines for #NHLJets this morning. Early D pairs were Ben Chiarot-Dustin Byfuglien, Toby Enstrom-Zach Bogosian, Jay Harrison-Jacob Trouba

I can not recall us winning in Pitts before so it helps Crosby out. Send Pav to the wolves I say.

#Pens are 8-2-0 against the #NHLJets — and 20-3-0 all-time against Atlanta/Winnipeg, including 13-straight wins in Pittsburgh.

Penguins are 8-0-1 the last 9 times they've played without Crosby & Malkin. (h/t @PensRadioNet)

Looks like it will be Ondrej Pavelec starting in goal for #NHLJets tonight vs #Pens who counter with Thomas Greiss

Pavs was awful, no doubt.

Can we talk about the stellar play of much maligned Chris Thorburn?

Gotta love the way that whole line is playing. Did you know that with 5 goals, Thorburn has more goals in one season than he's ever scored for the Jets before? Although he had more with the Thrashers.

Have to agree with Maurice's assessment. Pens dominated the 1st, we controlled the 2nd. Pens get benefit of doubt from two blatant misses from the refs; goal scored with 6 skaters at the end of the 2nd, and a phantom penalty on Lowry for bodychecking. 

They've played well enough to earn a pass on this game from me. Regroup and hammer Philly. They play better in front of Hutch anyway. Have to wonder what PauMau really thinks of Pavs after a performance like that...

Have to agree with Maurice's assessment. Pens dominated the 1st, we controlled the 2nd. Pens get benefit of doubt from two blatant misses from the refs; goal scored with 6 skaters at the end of the 2nd, and a phantom penalty on Lowry for bodychecking. 

They've played well enough to earn a pass on this game from me. Regroup and hammer Philly. They play better in front of Hutch anyway. Have to wonder what PauMau really thinks of Pavs after a performance like that...

My guess it will take a lot for Maurice to shy away from his hybrid rotational approach which in the end may be a good thing.