Korey Banks: I hate Winnipeg, I hope they never win anything again

Mike

He sounds like a washed-up douchenozzle. That said, our DC sounds like an incompetent hack -- which is what he sounded like before we hired him too. 

We should take a chance on a decent DB or LB coach from another team. We already know what were going to get with Sketch. 

haha Douchenozzle.  I'm using that.  lol

Must have been a hell of a question that Banks asked!

Let's see, Maurice Leggett and Zach Anderson just re-upped with the Bombers.

2 defensive players…playing under GE.

That, to me speaks way more than a disgruntled, almost-former player, that 2 teams deemed expendable.

And Banks is mad at the last one who thought he wasn't good enough?

I guess it's really hard to face the truth for Banks.

Not sticking up for Banks here but its a good idea to look at it from both ways.... Sure Leggett and Anderson re-upped and may have no prob with Etch. Maybe they had no questions and just followed along.

But Banks as a leader and vet may have felt he had questions about things that maybe rookies might of asked him and he wanted to have answers and help.

Guys can't ask questions? C'mon. This is Gary Etcheverry. A man who has been fired from virtually every job he's had as a football coach in Canada. He couldn't even hold a job as a CIS coach at Carleton. He was insisting on running the Double Wing offense. I ran that in bantam football here in Calgary. It's 95% run & the OL has no splits. It's a great bantam & high school offense but that's it. It's not designed to be used at the CIS level. Google Double Wing if you don't know what it is. The players rebelled & had him fired. They were all going to quit. Now we're stuck with him. 

Maybe Korey Banks asked what a Double Wing was?

LOL! :)

Here's the Double Wing. BTW, the tailback is so close to the qbs ass, he's actually called "The Sniffer".  In American football there are no wideouts. When I ran that offense being Canadian football with 12 men we had a single wideout... 

Must have been a hell of a question that Banks asked!

Let's see, Maurice Leggett and Zach Anderson just re-upped with the Bombers.

2 defensive players…playing under GE.

That, to me speaks way more than a disgruntled, almost-former player, that 2 teams deemed expendable.

And Banks is mad at the last one who thought he wasn't good enough?

I guess it's really hard to face the truth for Banks.

Not sticking up for Banks here but its a good idea to look at it from both ways.... Sure Leggett and Anderson re-upped and may have no prob with Etch. Maybe they had no questions and just followed along.

But Banks as a leader and vet may have felt he had questions about things that maybe rookies might of asked him and he wanted to have answers and help.

I'm under the impression Korey Banks was brought here…for that exact reason..for the experience and passing on veteran knowledge.

Seems like a no-brainer.

But somewhere, somehow, things went astray, and we only have KB's version of his "asked-a-question-things-went-sideways-they-don't-respect-me-things-went-to-hell" story.

I'd back Banks up on his account, if I could believe his version of on-line moans and his line of credibility, but it seems it's not the first time he has "trashed" a former employer.

He is right about one thing though…he's done with football.

True enough.

Im just trying to look at things from both sides i guess.

Etch was put out of the CFL for some reason tho. Its not like he was this highly touted DC with huge respect around the league.

One could argue that these guys signed due to being told Etch would be canned.

Another day with no word on the status of the assistant coaches. Guys are out there available that would be upgrades to  who we have now. Usually when head coaches are fired the assistants go with them. So, I'd say Mark Washington & KJ are available as is George Cortez. I don't think the wheels are turning slowly with the Bombers. I think they're stuck in a snowdrift.  The wheels are spinning but the team is going nowhere.

When do assistant coaches' contracts expire?  When do they become "free agents?"  Is Washington even allowed to talk to other teams yet?

I read recently that Orlando Steinhauer has a no-movement clause in his contract.  I've never heard of a CFL assistant coach or coordinator who wasn't free to seek a promotion with another team. Is that a usual thing?

Another day with no word on the status of the assistant coaches. Guys are out there available that would be upgrades to  who we have now. Usually when head coaches are fired the assistants go with them. So, I'd say Mark Washington & KJ are available as is George Cortez. I don't think the wheels are turning slowly with the Bombers. I think they're stuck in a snowdrift.  The wheels are spinning but the team is going nowhere.

You don't think it would have hit the news if those guys had been fired?

When do assistant coaches' contracts expire?  When do they become "free agents?"  Is Washington even allowed to talk to other teams yet?

I read recently that Orlando Steinhauer has a no-movement clause in his contract.  I've never heard of a CFL assistant coach or coordinator who wasn't free to seek a promotion with another team. Is that a usual thing?

Never heard of that either. Sounds odd... Like he cant be traded.  LOL

You don't think it would have hit the news if those guys had been fired?

I know I'd like my organization run on the assumptions of a fan's wishful thinking.

Rumor has it that Mark Washington is in the running for the McGill head coaching job. 

That seems, I don't know, I'm just not sure how to connect the dots there.  Not that there has to be a connection to hire a guy, but usually there are points between the two parties that are easy to follow.  This is not a rumour that makes sense to me on the surface.