Bombers Lose NI Kyle Norris

voodoochylde

@DarrinBauming 16m16 minutes ago

Versatile Canadian LB Kyle Norris finished the year on the #Bombers practice roster. A free agent, he signed with the Alouettes today.

@DarrinBauming 14m14 minutes ago

Normally a player acquired from another team's PR needs to be activated immediately. In this case, Winnipeg's season is over. Free agent.

@DarrinBauming 12m12 minutes ago

Very grey area. Pretty weird.

Poop is always on the prowl. That's why his teams aren't  far from the top year in and year out. He's not afraid to rock the boat and gives the finger to others in the league that don't like he what he does. I guess that makes him somewhat of a pariah but you can't knock his success. I was hoping we might get a little brave, when we were in dire straits with our o line, and take a shot at Peach on the stumps pr. Guess we're not the Popp type and were comfortable with the status quo. I know there's more than just protocol, among other things, when it comes to the pr.   The player would have to actually want to come here and that's where the Bombers and Als. definitely part company. Hopefully we're more attractive in 15'. Too bad we lost such a versatile player in Norris. Guess that's the way the cookie crumbles around here.

Poop is always on the prowl. That's why his teams aren't  far from the top year in and year out. He's not afraid to rock the boat and gives the finger to others in the league that don't like he what he does. I guess that makes him somewhat of a pariah but you can't knock his success. I was hoping we might get a little brave, when we were in dire straits with our o line, and take a shot at Peach on the stumps pr. Guess we're not the Popp type and were comfortable with the status quo. I know there's more than just protocol, among other things, when it comes to the pr.   The player would have to actually want to come here and that's where the Bombers and Als. definitely part company. Hopefully we're more attractive in 15'. Too bad we lost such a versatile player in Norris. Guess that's the way the cookie crumbles around here.

Are you complaining because we lose a player that didn't do anything for us and holding it up as a great move of the Als? A guy who isn't good enough to crack the Bombers roster with our serious lack of NI depth and this is the soapbox you get on? yikes. 

Are you complaining because we lose a player that didn't do anything for us and holding it up as a great move of the Als? A guy who isn't good enough to crack the Bombers roster with our serious lack of NI depth and this is the soapbox you get on? yikes. 

And so you think Popp is stupid and just goes around signing people to contracts because he likes to. He must have seen something and that could mean his versatility. Wake up my friend. Geez. No wonder we float around in a sea of mediocrity around here.

Was a free agent not on PR since all players on PR become free agents after season. It's a little weird this year with Bombers having a bye.

And so you think Popp is stupid and just goes around signing people to contracts because he likes to. He must have seen something and that could mean his versatility. Wake up my friend. Geez. No wonder we float around in a sea of mediocrity around here.

Sometimes you just need a uniform filler late in the season. That's all he was for the Bombers that's all he's going to be for the Als, why are you so worked up? Or are you under the mistaken impression that every Canadian player in the CFL is worth something because he's Canadian? There's lots of useless spare part canadians, especially on practise rosters. 

For precedents' sake, I would think the Als should be forced to activate him. Our season isn't over, we're on our bye week. The timing of it shouldn't change that fact.

Good point. Our season isn't over .. it's a Winnipeg bye week .. for all intents and purposes the season is done but from a strictly "book keeping" perspective .. we wrap our season the same week as everyone else.

So are all these guys no longer Bombers???

November 2

NON-ACTIVE 2-Nov-14

WPG REM UNS IMP Daivon DUMAS (DB) Northern Arizona

WPG REM UNS IMP Jarvis JONES (OL) Oklahoma

WPG REM UNS IMP Abraham KROMAH (LB) Duke

WPG REM UNS IMP Marty MARKETT (DB) South Carolina

WPG REM UNS NIP Ezra MILLINGTON (WR) Ottawa

WPG REM UNS NIP Kyle NORRIS (LB) Saint Mary's

WPG REM UNS NIP Shea PIERRE (DB) Windsor

WPG REM UNS NIP Rene STEPHAN (LB) Harding

WPG REM UNS IMP Aaron WOODS (WR) Portland State

Why anyone is worked up about montreal stealing Norris off our PR is mind boggling...

its also funny that someone suggests that we ought to be doing it... How da hell do you know we havent been and got turned down by players? I imagine Norris figures a shot at playoff money is better then early dismissal so him saying no was doubtful... But hypothetically speaking, if we asked peach to join the bombers he could have said no,.calgary could have activated him, etc etc..

Just because this one instance worked out for popp doesnt mean its a regular occurance OR that we havent tried..

So are all these guys no longer Bombers???

November 2

NON-ACTIVE 2-Nov-14

WPG REM UNS IMP Daivon DUMAS (DB) Northern Arizona

WPG REM UNS IMP Jarvis JONES (OL) Oklahoma

WPG REM UNS IMP Abraham KROMAH (LB) Duke

WPG REM UNS IMP Marty MARKETT (DB) South Carolina

WPG REM UNS NIP Ezra MILLINGTON (WR) Ottawa

WPG REM UNS NIP Kyle NORRIS (LB) Saint Mary's

WPG REM UNS NIP Shea PIERRE (DB) Windsor

WPG REM UNS NIP Rene STEPHAN (LB) Harding

WPG REM UNS IMP Aaron WOODS (WR) Portland State

These are the guys I'd like to see back next year. The rest, I could take them or leave them.

For precedents' sake, I would think the Als should be forced to activate him. Our season isn't over, we're on our bye week. The timing of it shouldn't change that fact.

Good point. Our season isn't over .. it's a Winnipeg bye week .. for all intents and purposes the season is done but from a strictly "book keeping" perspective .. we wrap our season the same week as everyone else.

Just another reason why I keep calling this league a second tier league. Not that this guy has any significance but really? Season is not over and any claims as such should not be allowed until Sunday. What a joke the CFL can be

Norris was not taken off our practice roster. We released him, along with the rest of our PR players. And then Montreal signed him as a free agent. Nothing nefarious going on here, I'd wager no one forced us to release our PR players before the actual end of the season, we probably did it to save money.