Bombers Lose NI Kyle Norris

voodoochylde

Norris was not taken off our practice roster. We released him, along with the rest of our PR players. And then Montreal signed him as a free agent. Nothing nefarious going on here, I'd wager no one forced us to release our PR players before the actual end of the season, we probably did it to save money.

I believe they automatically become FAs once the season ends... maybe the team made the decision to release them immediately instead of doing so after the season "officially" ends...

This just seems peculiar because of the timing... I think that's what gets people worked up... not necessarily the loss of Kyle Norris... you would think there would be some mandate that would prevent these kinds of things from happening... I mean Ottawa's season is done but they still have a game to play... why can't someone pluck from their PR right now (rhetorical question)??

Norris was not taken off our practice roster. We released him, along with the rest of our PR players. And then Montreal signed him as a free agent. Nothing nefarious going on here, I'd wager no one forced us to release our PR players before the actual end of the season, we probably did it to save money.

I believe they automatically become FAs once the season ends... maybe the team made the decision to release them immediately instead of doing so after the season "officially" ends...

This just seems peculiar because of the timing... I think that's what gets people worked up... not necessarily the loss of Kyle Norris... you would think there would be some mandate that would prevent these kinds of things from happening... I mean Ottawa's season is done but they still have a game to play... why can't someone pluck from their PR right now (rhetorical question)??

They could... And ottawa would have to let them go, activate them for the game or make a trade... Also, that player has to agree to leave the team as well..

Why anyone is worked up about montreal stealing Norris off our PR is mind boggling...

its also funny that someone suggests that we ought to be doing it... How da hell do you know we havent been and got turned down by players? I imagine Norris figures a shot at playoff money is better then early dismissal so him saying no was doubtful... But hypothetically speaking, if we asked peach to join the bombers he could have said no,.calgary could have activated him, etc etc..

Just because this one instance worked out for popp doesnt mean its a regular occurance OR that we havent tried..

I don't think anyone is getting worked up .. rather discussing the interesting timing and odd circumstances around such a move ..

Norris isn't an impact player and whether or not he remained on our roster isn't a big deal .. but the point of exploration is the oddity of the schedule and how it might be at play in this situation.

So are all these guys no longer Bombers???

November 2

NON-ACTIVE 2-Nov-14

WPG REM UNS IMP Daivon DUMAS (DB) Northern Arizona

WPG REM UNS IMP Jarvis JONES (OL) Oklahoma

WPG REM UNS IMP Abraham KROMAH (LB) Duke

WPG REM UNS IMP Marty MARKETT (DB) South Carolina

WPG REM UNS NIP Ezra MILLINGTON (WR) Ottawa

WPG REM UNS NIP Kyle NORRIS (LB) Saint Mary's

WPG REM UNS NIP Shea PIERRE (DB) Windsor

WPG REM UNS NIP Rene STEPHAN (LB) Harding

WPG REM UNS IMP Aaron WOODS (WR) Portland State

These are the guys I'd like to see back next year. The rest, I could take them or leave them.

I'm sure not interested in letting a 6'1' DB that we invested an entire year of development into walk away so quickly. I hope Dumas is back next year.

Nothing illegal happened but this is all very strange.  Some kind of loophole should probably be closed.  The Bombers are placed in a position no other team is in simply because of the schedule.  All roster moves like this should be in shutdown mode until after the Grey Cup.

Norris himself gets to earn another 750 dollars this week, more if they put him on the roster, so good for him.  He's got at least one mouth to feed, maybe more, and I've never noticed him pissing in my cornflakes.  Best of luck to him.

And any hullabaloo?  While it's nice to have guys like this available on our roster, if losing Norris in early November of 2014 impacts our onfield performance in 2015, our season was already screwed.  Can't replace a PR linebacker with 7 months notice?  Yeah, right.  Some people need to take a deep breath.