Which Bomber Free Agents will seek greener grass?

Fatty Liver

LB Ian Wild;

-If Muamba can make an NFL roster Wild might give it a shot. With his work ethic hard to see him not making a P.R. somewhere.  It will take crazy numbers for Bombers to retain.

LB/DB Johnny Sears;

-After the Stamps game, said he would like to give the NFL a try.  Doug Brown's response, too small but might have a shot at special teams.

DB/LB Demond Washington;

-Too small for NFL, believe the Bombers will retain.

LB/DB Desia Dunn;

-Likely expendable, wouldn't be surprised if he followed Tim Burke.

CB Matt Bucknor;

-No worries, solid Natl. DB so it would be smart for Bombers to retain.

OT Glenn January.

-Too old and broken.

QB Brian Brohm

-BC, Sask, RB's, Mtl. all may show interest.

Edit:  Oopsie, guess a similar post was made last week, nevertheless I'm not deleting it after I spent all that time bolding all of those names!

Wild just seems like one of those players who is made to play in the CFL. At his size I don't know where he'd fit in the NFL. Not really big enough to play linebacker down there is he? And I dunno that he's much of a defensive back. 

Not quite fast enough to be a safety, not big enough to play LB.  Doesn't seem the like the body type that fits in to any typical NFL mold.  Shame for him, he's a legitimate talent.

Wild just seems like one of those players who is made to play in the CFL. At his size I don't know where he'd fit in the NFL. Not really big enough to play linebacker down there is he? And I dunno that he's much of a defensive back. 

Not quite fast enough to be a safety, not big enough to play LB.  Doesn't seem the like the body type that fits in to any typical NFL mold.  Shame for him, he's a legitimate talent.

Safety would be his only shot in the NFL... unless he can somehow manage to put on 35-40 pounds of muscle.... I believe he was a safety in college??

He might be my favourite player on the Bombers. Just always doing his job in a no nonsense manner. 

He might be my favourite player on the Bombers. Just always doing his job in a no nonsense manner. 

And as mentioned by Rod Black a million times..... the guy doesn't take penalties.     

I also like the fact that he's very consistent ....  he's not one of those guys who has the one big game and then disappears for many others.... 

Wild would be a tremendous loss if it comes to that. His hit on the final play against Calgary made up for a lot of the misery of watching the defence fold in the last few games. If we can get the D-line shielding him better and maybe move him to an outside position, he would be an all-star.

We need to open up the bank for Wild. I believe he was the heart & soul of our defence all year, and we were noticeably different when he wasn't there. Never mind he was also our long-snapper......which we also need to deal with for next year.

Wild would be a tremendous loss if it comes to that. His hit on the final play against Calgary made up for a lot of the misery of watching the defence fold in the last few games. If we can get the D-line shielding him better and maybe move him to an outside position, he would be an all-star.

We need to open up the bank for Wild. I believe he was the heart & soul of our defence all year, and we were noticeably different when he wasn't there. Never mind he was also our long-snapper......which we also need to deal with for next year.

My thoughts exactly.  Wild needs to be paid as an elite CFL defender.  Also need to address the long-snapper situation with a competent backup. 

I think it's pretty doubtful that Wild garners any CFL interest. Similar body style to Sherritt and he didn't get a sniff. I hope we retain Wild....I especially hope we play him at WIL instead of MIKE.

Sears, I don't believe has the body of work to garner significant NFL interest. There might be a team or two willing to work him out of even bring him in as TCF but I don't see him having a legit shot of actually making a roster or PR. I think there is about a 50/50 shot that we re-sign him.

Brohm....I think he's a good QB who teams will shy away from signing because of season ending injuries in consecutive years. I think he'll be back.

Bucknor....hard to say. Played well for us, hope he's back, but he'll be more expensive than when he came to us.

I am sure our management will pick and choose from the rest and I will have no problems with any of them staying or leaving.

My thoughts exactly.  Wild needs to be paid as an elite CFL defender.  Also need to address the long-snapper situation with a competent backup. 

I'll forgive the Bombers if they feel inclined to over-pay on Wild as it would leave a huge hole to fill if he left and as has been proven elite LB'ers don't appear to be that easy to find.  He might not command Shea Emry dollars but I don't believe he will be signed for much less, time for the Bombers to pony up to keep the few elite players they currently have.

I'll forgive the Bombers if they feel inclined to over-pay on Wild as it would leave a huge hole to fill if he left and as has been proven elite LB'ers don't appear to be that easy to find.  He might not command Shea Emry dollars but I don't believe he will be signed for much less, time for the Bombers to pony up to keep the few elite players they currently have.

"I'll forgive the Bombers if they feel inclined to over-pay on...." anybody ... it always makes me laugh when I see fans trying to judge salary cap issues as if they knew anything about it ... no one here knows even tiny about it

"I'll forgive the Bombers if they feel inclined to over-pay on...." anybody ... it always makes me laugh when I see fans trying to judge salary cap issues as if they knew anything about it ... no one here knows even tiny about it

I'd say there are a lot of smart people on here who are capable of using reason, logic and memory to paint a pretty good picture of the individual salaries of players.  You could probably put your lol paintbrush back in it's bucket.

It's not so much a salary cap issue as knowing in general what salary certain elite positional players command.  Shea Emery is probably the highest paid LB in the league even though he's nowhere near as good as Solomon Elimimian,  he just happens to carry a better passport.  I don't think the Bombers should have a problem paying Wild in the $150,000 range.  Is that a guess?  Yes.

I still like Wild on the WIL then find a legit and heavier MLB.

I'll second that - Wild is good for certain things, but was too small to stop the run - but Kuale didn't do much for that either. I shudder to think if we lose Wild and Kuale becomes the #1 guy at MLB next year ....

I shudder at the thought of ever seeing Kuale anywhere near a Bomber uniform again.

I still like Wild on the WIL then find a legit and heavier MLB.

I'll second that - Wild is good for certain things, but was too small to stop the run - but Kuale didn't do much for that either. I shudder to think if we lose Wild and Kuale becomes the #1 guy at MLB next year ....

I completely disagree, he is big enough, hell he's one of the few guys on the team who can actually consistently make a tackle. The lack of run stopping wasn't a size issues, it was the scheme plain and simple. I understand people wanting a more traditional MLB, but let's not go pretending that this team gave up a bunch of rushing yards cause Wild is a few pounds too light.