Which Bomber Free Agents will seek greener grass?

Fatty Liver

Marve has shown pretty good.  Whats his contract status?  Bombers traded for Brohm, right?  So they might be inclined to keep him but I think Marve showed enough to be the number 2 guy and we might bring someone else in at number, depending on what Brohm cost us.

It took about 4 quarters of football over 2 games for us to be down to our #3 guy.  We have not had much success keeping our QBs healthy.  Unless some other team makes the price unreasonable the Bombers should make every effort to get Brohm back under contract.  If he can't hold his job thru training camp next year, so be it.

If Marve does enough to earn the #2 spot next year, great, but I'm not rushing him in there just to please the fans.  He's got tremendous physical gifts and did some awesome improvisation, but until he can consistently read CFL defences, give him more time to learn.  Maybe he logs enough film study in the offseason that he's there by training camp, but I'm not in favour of forcing the issue for a rookie CFL QB.  Relying on his rocket arm and mobility was the thing that made Michael Bishop both unstoppable and completely useless.  Give Marve enough time that he can think his way around a CFL field.  He seems to be figuring it out.

Yeah wild is a pretty damn good player but when you look around the league and compare him to other linebackers, I dunno. He's definitely not a bighill or elomimian or even a sherritt. Not even sure he is a McCoil to be honest. 150,000 seems like too much for him, doubt another team would give him that. He might be our best linebacker but like i said, he's probably not even in the top 5 linebackers in the league. Top 10? Maybe but it's probably debatable. 

Ian Wild as a $150,000 LB?

The salary landscape has changed a little bit but I doubt it has room for an above average yet not elite American linebacker to be making a buck and a half.

Even factoring in his long snapping and what I would assume to be a large role as a leader next season?

It would be a shame to lose a talented guy like him over 15-20k

holy underrating Ian Wild Batman! Guy had 73 tackles while missing a few games and playing in that kooky Etchevary scheme. I dunno how much you pay the guy but he's better than just above average. 

I don't know if I'd say it was underrating Wild - 150,000 is what I'd expect to be the near top end of the pay scale for an import linebacker.  Elimimian money (he's possibly going to establish a new top end on his next contract).  I'd think Wild can't command a salary like that just yet.  Another great season under his belt, then he's on his way up to the top end of the scale.

I wonder if Johnny Sears will be back? I'll bet he signs here in Edmonton and thrives - he's the type of player Chris Jones likes, and the MOS didn't play him for about half the season, someone MOS doesn't like (but once he did get in MOS couldn't take him out he was too good as many here said he would be!)

I wonder if Johnny Sears will be back? I'll bet he signs here in Edmonton and thrives - he's the type of player Chris Jones likes, and the MOS didn't play him for about half the season, someone MOS doesn't like (but once he did get in MOS couldn't take him out he was too good as many here said he would be!)

Get a feeling Sears will exhaust his NFL aspirations, if none come to fruition, Don't think any will,  Think he will come back to the bombers. 

holy underrating Ian Wild Batman! Guy had 73 tackles while missing a few games and playing in that kooky Etchevary scheme. I dunno how much you pay the guy but he's better than just above average. 

I don't know if I'd say it was underrating Wild - 150,000 is what I'd expect to be the near top end of the pay scale for an import linebacker.  Elimimian money (he's possibly going to establish a new top end on his next contract).  I'd think Wild can't command a salary like that just yet.  Another great season under his belt, then he's on his way up to the top end of the scale.

Unfortunately Wild is a free agent this year, not next so the Bombers have but one opportunity to lock him up.  It takes a little faith to pay a player forward but from what he has demonstrated in the past two years in character, effort and ability I don't think they could find a much safer gamble.  Especially when they squander boatloads of cash on other experiments in failure.  It would be criminal to lose him over $25,000 and be tormented for years by his performance on another team, (think green).  Just imagine how long the Bombers could spend lost in the wilderness searching for their "next Ian Wild".

Considering his age and promise I dispute that Wild isn't or won't soon be an elite LB as long as he's not designated as a MLB under Etch. 

So you've discussed with O'Shea why Sears wasn't playing and it was because he doesn't like the guy huh? Cool, didn't know you guys were tight like that..

Smh. The weirdly rationalized speculation in this board continues to astound me every day..

Get a feeling Sears will exhaust his NFL aspirations, if none come to fruition, Don't think any will,  Think he will come back to the bombers. 

Hope you're right Goalie but like I said, O'Shea made him a healthy scratch for half the year. You know he wants to play -  he'll sign where his best opportunity is (and the most money) and unless MOS changes his tune it's not Wpg - if O'Shea liked him so much, he would have found a way to get him in the lineup. It was only injuries that got him in. 

Sounds like injuries and ratio were a factor and when sears did play, O'shea said he was one of their best players out there.

I'm not sure it was O'sheas decision anyway, Think it was more due to ratio and Etch.

If ETCH is gone, i think it's likely Sears is back and starting for us. 

Hope you're right Goalie but like I said, O'Shea made him a healthy scratch for half the year. You know he wants to play -  he'll sign where his best opportunity is (and the most money) and unless MOS changes his tune it's not Wpg - if O'Shea liked him so much, he would have found a way to get him in the lineup. It was only injuries that got him in. 

And realized the error of his ways, why do you leave that point out? There was a very clear change in his approach later in the year. Rookie head coach makes mistakes, learns from them. This is a pretty big thing you want to gloss over all the time. 

I don't think Sears will go elsewhere unless the Bombers cheap out on him or he gets an NFL opportunity. Can you really see other CFL teams making a big offer to the guy knowing that he has had problems staying healthy? Maybe Ottawa but again if you're choosing a team on the rise that you've played your whole career for or that **** show in Ottawa it's not much of a choice. 

And realized the error of his ways, why do you leave that point out? There was a very clear change in his approach later in the year. Rookie head coach makes mistakes, learns from them. This is a pretty big thing you want to gloss over all the time. 

I don't think Sears will go elsewhere unless the Bombers cheap out on him or he gets an NFL opportunity. Can you really see other CFL teams making a big offer to the guy knowing that he has had problems staying healthy? Maybe Ottawa but again if you're choosing a team on the rise that you've played your whole career for or that **** show in Ottawa it's not much of a choice. 

what did I leave out 17? Want to read my post again? I said once Sears got back in, he played so well that MOS couldn't take him out of the line up again. Or, do I need to say that every single post I make (check the previous page). 

Get a feeling Sears will exhaust his NFL aspirations, if none come to fruition, Don't think any will, Think he will come back to the bombers.

Hope you're right Goalie but like I said, O'Shea made him a healthy scratch for half the year. You know he wants to play - he'll sign where his best opportunity is (and the most money) and unless MOS changes his tune it's not Wpg - if O'Shea liked him so much, he would have found a way to get him in the lineup. It was only injuries that got him in.

what did I leave out 17? Want to read my post again? I said once Sears got back in, he played so well that MOS couldn't take him out of the line up again. Or, do I need to say that every single post I make (check the previous page).

It's more fun when we dream up a personal conflict between O'Shea and Sears...the drama is way more interesting than facts.

You left out the fact that O'Shea seemingly learned that it's a mistake to sit out your best players because he started to be more proactive with his roster as the year went on. THAT is what you glossed over to further your silly notion that there's a feud between the coach and player.