Drew Willy to start season finale

gbill2004

I guess the only real question i have after reading most these posts in this thread is to those who think playing marve gives us a better chance to win...

Have you not seen Willy play at all during the second half of this season? He's been putrid. It can't be THAT hard for Marve to at least be as good as Willy's been lately.

And you wonder how Marve can benefit from getting these reps?

I'll just reiterate what I said earlier because I think it explains it pretty well...

Willy has already played 16 games this year, and will not benefit from playing in one more meaningless game, especially if he's ailing. He's probably already looking forward to the off-season.

Marve, on the other hand, could certainly use the experience as he hasn't played a full game yet. Getting that type of experience would allow him to go into the off-season knowing what he needs to improve on and what to expect next year.

Iso thinks you're tacky.

ORIGINAL:

Quoting someone's post & then deleting part of it to suit your POV is tacky. And I don't agree with Your Face but I think it has to be said. If you don't agree with his quote then don't use it. 

EDITED by the ticky-tacky Mr Dee:

Quoting your POV is tacky. And Your Face has to be sad. If you don't agree with his quote then use it. 

This may be considered to be editing to the extreme.

How mbrg expressed his view was easy to follow.

Just use a little discretion

I guess the only real question i have after reading most these posts in this thread is to those who think playing marve gives us a better chance to win...

Have you not seen Willy play at all during the second half of this season? He's been putrid. It can't be THAT hard for Marve to at least be as good as Willy's been lately.

And you wonder how Marve can benefit from getting these reps?

I'll just reiterate what I said earlier because I think it explains it pretty well...

Willy has already played 16 games this year, and will not benefit from playing in one more meaningless game, especially if he's ailing. He's probably already looking forward to the off-season.

Marve, on the other hand, could certainly use the experience as he hasn't played a full game yet. Getting that type of experience would allow him to go into the off-season knowing what he needs to improve on and what to expect next year.

Iso thinks you're tacky.

I knew someone would call me out on that  :P

His post was just extremely long and cumbersome. I realize now that I probably shouldn't have erased most of it, but I think there's a big difference in the motives behind our actions here.

You deleted three or four lines of text only to ADD four lines that contain the words "delete."

While I tried to eliminate some of the cumbersomeness in this thread, you simply did it to suit your point of view.

You can always learn to act your age and show some respect...

There is very little about you worth respecting, whether I agree with your opinions or not.

It's something that is earned, not given.

The motto of this forum should be a middle finger. Lol. Wow. Way to be welcoming and all inclusive.

The faulty assumption that people have is "Willy took 10 sacks that were his fault last game, therefore he's going to take 8-10 sacks (give or take) again this game."

I say no, that will not happen.  He knows what he did wrong that last game, and players don't usually like to repeat the same mistakes twice in a row.  I don't know what the game plan will be, but I expect he will be getting rid of the ball quicker.  Also expect that we won't be neglecting Cotton in the second half either.

Because I believe Marve at least has something to gain, plus I firmly believe that he gives us a better chance to win. We haven't won in so long that I've almost forgotten what it feels like.

Marve gives us a better chance for a comeback win at this point. Brohm has a better chance to be a starter then Marve IMHO.

Because I believe Marve at least has something to gain, plus I firmly believe that he gives us a better chance to win. We haven't won in so long that I've almost forgotten what it feels like.

Marve gives us a better chance for a comeback win at this point. Brohm has a better chance to be a starter then Marve IMHO.

I think it's a bit premature to make those types of claims. Marve looked better in training camp / preseason but both looked good in limited action this season.

Marve also has much more room to grow.

Lmao @ edited quote cryfests...

I don't believe anyone was malicious in thier editing of posts so let's all step back from the ledge.. Was done to ease readability..

No quotegate folks, i realize the season sucked but come on..

Marve looked ok again, Pretty average really but since he didn't get many reps this season and he is in his first year in the CFL, he does show potential to be pretty good. He has probably made a case to be the back-up next season, This year he was 3rd string. Brohm probably would have got the reps if he wasn't hurt but... Marve definitely made a case. His numbers are just average, really he's completed just 50 percent of his passes both games that he has been given extended playing time. For a first year  guy? Not too bad at all. But maybe what it shows you is regardless who the QB has been, the offense has struggled to actually move the ball consistently IF they get away from the RUN, something they never had for basically week 2 to week 15 or whenever cotton started. Think if Willy had Cotton in there all year, you probably see them running the ball a bit more... 

Be nice to actually develop Marve properly, give him limited reps for a year or so more and then see what he can do, He's still learning the game.. and it's pretty obvious watching him that yes he shows potential but he still has a ways to go to be a legit starter. 

Willy is the guy next year... The back-up tho? Marve may have made a case in his limited reps that he can be that guy. Brohm is a free agent too. 

Marves numbers ain't that great.. struggled to move the ball too but i think part of that is on OC and part of that yesterday might have been the weather. 

Marve shows potential but he's not even close to being as good as Willy is. Give Marve some proper development tho and who knows what he can turn in to. 

I like the middle finger logo suggestion for here. From mods on down that is how this place rolls. We're lectured to show respect then some of the people in charge don't. ROTFL. Don't ask the members here to behave if the mods or admin won't. Actually it's not funny upon thinking about it. It's hypocritical. If people are going to get constantly insulted, they will leave.

I've seen that very thing happen to some huge CFL  boards over the past 14 years because of bad mod behaviour & disrespect shown to members by others.  Total CFL, 13thman & CFL Zone are just 3 where disrespect, petty fighting, bad mod behaviour & favouritism brought all 3 sites down. 13thman had thousands of  members a decade ago. I remember when posting on a subject(s) there wasn't just posting a comment then & coming back later to see the response. It was instantaneous like our chats here during games. You could have a thread with a couple of hundred responses in an hour. Literally could be on there for hours & posting in real time on a thread carrying on conversations in the discussion threads. It was awesome talking with CFL fans all over the country. Well, 13thman is a ghost town now. No one would ever thought that the place would die off & fast... Like within 6 months. People said **** it & left when a few mods started bullying, insulting, perma banning & intimidating the people they didn't like. The mods thought they had all the power & acted like that but the members had the last say. That site is still around but hardly anyone goes there anymore. As far as the third site I mentioned, CFL Zone doesn't even have discussion anymore.

Take it for what it's worth & don't shoot the messenger but if people don't feel welcome here or there is bad mod behaviour & cliques develop this site then  will be deader than a doornail faster than you believe. I like this place that's why I come here & invest my time. I'd hate to see it go the way of the others.

There is very little about you worth respecting, whether I agree with your opinions or not.

The motto of this forum should be a middle finger. Lol. Wow. Way to be welcoming and all inclusive.

Not to sound like an ass but have you followed smokinblues posts.... At all.... This season? nothing but disrespect, condescension and narcissism.. For mike to finally lower himself to that level after a season of this is actually showing some impressive restaint..

I wouldn't say Marve struggled to move the ball at all... He played the last 23 minutes of the first game against Calgary, engineered two touchdowns plus another drive that should have resulted in a field goal. He was put in a difficult situation with a minute left as the Bombers were in a 10-point deficit and in a hurry to throw the ball downfield. Three of his ten throws were made then. You just can't draw conclusions from 10 pass attempts, as he likely would've completed a higher percentage had he played the entire game.

I wouldn't say he struggled yesterday either considering the weather conditions. The offence managed to score 15 points in one half of football under his lead. Marve was on pace for more passing yards than Mitchell.

Marve in 53 minutes = 29 points for the Bombers

Other quarterbacks against the same opposition in 67 minutes  = 12 points for the Bombers

It doesn't mean much but I think he played better than his stats would suggest. Hajrullahu left some points on the field during Marve's time at the helm too (7 to be exact).

I like the middle finger logo suggestion for here. From mods on down that is how this place rolls. We're lectured to show respect then some of the people in charge don't. ROTFL. Don't ask the members here to behave if the mods or admin won't. Actually it's not funny upon thinking about it. It's hypocritical. If people are going to get constantly insulted, they will leave.

How much thinking did you have time for during the one sentence you wrote between finding it funny and not?

Mike O'Shea very publicly committed to Willy as No. 1, long before the season began.

So it would be a matter of swallowing pride and relinquishing stubbornness for him to back down from that pronouncement and to admit that Willy has been a disappointment.

That's why O'Shea's MOP candidate started against Stamps.

But really, the Bombers braintrust must be privately very worried about the QB position for next year.

I've seen that very thing happen to some huge CFL boards over the past 14 years because of bad mod behaviour & disrespect shown to members by others. Total CFL, 13thman & CFL Zone are just 3 where disrespect, petty fighting, bad mod behaviour & favouritism brought all 3 sites down. 13thman had thousands of members a decade ago. I remember when posting on a subject(s) there wasn't just posting a comment then & coming back later to see the response. It was instantaneous like our chats here during games. You could have a thread with a couple of hundred responses in an hour. Literally could be on there for hours & posting in real time on a thread carrying on conversations in the discussion threads. It was awesome talking with CFL fans all over the country. Well, 13thman is a ghost town now. No one would ever thought that the place would die off & fast... Like within 6 months. People said **** it & left when a few mods started bullying, insulting, perma banning & intimidating the people they didn't like. The mods thought they had all the power & acted like that but the members had the last say. That site is still around but hardly anyone goes there anymore. As far as the third site I mentioned, CFL Zone doesn't even have discussion anymore.

Take it for what it's worth & don't shoot the messenger but if people don't feel welcome here or there is bad mod behaviour & cliques develop this site then will be deader than a doornail faster than you believe. I like this place that's why I come here & invest my time. I'd hate to see it go the way of the others.

Faaaaaaar more people have came and stayed then came, got butthurt then left.. No need to verbally martyr yourself (again) on the "be nice to others" topic... Again.

I liked how the game turned out yesterday - showed how a lot of people's opinions are spot on regarding the QB play in Wpg of late. Also like how all the Willy supporters completely gloss over all the other things going on (Defensive TD's, kick return TD's / or big returns, forced turnovers setting up the bombers in prime real estate) that contributed greatly to that 5 -1  start. Nope - Willy gets all the credit for the 5 - 1, and none for the 8 losses in a row he was also a big part of.

On one side, we got Nick Grigsby who falls down when a gust of wind hits him - yep get rid of him, start Cotton.

On the other side, you got Willy who fumbles the ball away after the Defense puts him in a great spot - TWICE (Edmonton a few weeks back/ Calgary yesterday) but nope  - not his fault. Probably mine. 

Then we got Mr. P - a so called 'mod' here, who gets his posse together to run me down (and to try and run me out of here - but only way is to ban me - Mr. P probably has the power and is tempted because I don't agree with his opinion - wrestling... really lol) all because I called it back in late September that Willy was struggling. 

Willy is our #1 guy going into next year. And I am so looking forward to it. Grey Cup in Winnipeg should be sweet. I hope We can be in it but I'm sure we'll be in the playoffs - as we have a QB who can lead us there. Problem is, I don't know which Qb it will be. But one of them will do it I'm positive. 

Not to sound like an ass but have you followed smokinblues posts.... At all.... This season? nothing but disrespect, condescension and narcissism.. For mike to finally lower himself to that level after a season of this is actually showing some impressive restaint..

I'm on this site probably more than anyone & I haven't noticed him that much. There are others here that I have noticed way worse than smokinblue. 

I've seen that very thing happen to some huge CFL boards over the past 14 years because of bad mod behaviour & disrespect shown to members by others. Total CFL, 13thman & CFL Zone are just 3 where disrespect, petty fighting, bad mod behaviour & favouritism brought all 3 sites down. 13thman had thousands of members a decade ago. I remember when posting on a subject(s) there wasn't just posting a comment then & coming back later to see the response. It was instantaneous like our chats here during games. You could have a thread with a couple of hundred responses in an hour. Literally could be on there for hours & posting in real time on a thread carrying on conversations in the discussion threads. It was awesome talking with CFL fans all over the country. Well, 13thman is a ghost town now. No one would ever thought that the place would die off & fast... Like within 6 months. People said **** it & left when a few mods started bullying, insulting, perma banning & intimidating the people they didn't like. The mods thought they had all the power & acted like that but the members had the last say. That site is still around but hardly anyone goes there anymore. As far as the third site I mentioned, CFL Zone doesn't even have discussion anymore.

Take it for what it's worth & don't shoot the messenger but if people don't feel welcome here or there is bad mod behaviour & cliques develop this site then will be deader than a doornail faster than you believe. I like this place that's why I come here & invest my time. I'd hate to see it go the way of the others.

Faaaaaaar more people have came and stayed then came, got butthurt then left.. No need to verbally martyr yourself (again) on the "be nice to others" topic... Again.

Overall, I think I'm pretty respectful here to people. However, if someone comes after me I won't shy away as you know. I get into it sure but I'm a lot better than I used to be on other sites I was on in the past. I try not to be combative here like I was elsewhere. Not a martyr SPuDs. Just giving facts. if you were a regular on 13thman back a decade ago you know 2/3 of the mods there were power hungry dickheads led by a bully named Section W from Montreal. It deserved to crash. 

Hajrullahu left some points on the field during Marve's time at the helm too (7 to be exact).

???? Say what?

If I'm not mistaken, in those 53 minutes, the Bombers were in a position to score but failed on three different occasions (2 missed field goals and a missed convert).

Overall, I think I'm pretty respectful here to people. However, if someone comes after me I won't shy away as you know. I get into it sure but I'm a lot better than I used to be on other sites I was on in the past. I try not to be combative here like I was elsewhere. Not a martyr SPuDs. Just giving facts. if you were a regular on 13thman back a decade ago you know 2/3 of the mods there were power hungry dickheads led by a bully named Section W from Montreal. It deserved to crash.

You always reference that board but what we have built here is nothing like that.. It won't become a boys club mentality and it won't become a power mad ran dictatorship.. Frankly, for the most part we self regulate better then any forums I've been a part of..

I thought Willy played reasonably well yesterday except in the Red Zone where he continues to struggle.  Early on he was making use of both the running game and quick hitters to take the heat off the pass rush effectively.  Considering the weather conditions you couldn't expect a stellar performance from any player much less a  QB, games like those really become contests of survival not skill.  I would be reassured if it was O'Sheas's conscious decision to switch QB's in order to give the team a spark rather than hearing that Willy got injured and he had no choice, because inevitably I think inserting Marve led to the victory.  This would be a positive sign as it shows that indeed O'Shea is learning as he goes along.

I don't believe Marve is ever going to be a QB that racks up big stats. but what I like about him is that he is a very competitive QB that makes plays happen somewhat in the style of Zach Collaros.  May not be beautiful to watch but this type of QB tends to get the job done more often than not. 

Going into next season I agree that Willy should be given the starting job but I would like to see O'Shea use Marve consistently and frequently in every game in short yardage and  for every Red Zone package.  Much like Austin used Dan Lefevour under Burris in 2013, this would allow both QB's game time to develop and provide the security of a game tested QB ready to step in when the inevitable injury bug comes to call.  The worst thing they could do is leave Marve on the sidelines like they did for much of this year and completely ignore his skill-set until the day Willy is injured than throwing the full burden of winning games onto his shoulders. 

Hajrullahu left some points on the field during Marve's time at the helm too (7 to be exact).

???? Say what?

If I'm not mistaken, in those 53 minutes, the Bombers were in a position to score but failed on three different occasions (2 missed field goals and a missed convert).

Yes, one convert but only one FG.

Hajrullahu kicked 4 of 5 FGs and unofficially, I believe, set a new Bomber and CFL rookie percentage record. 

Will wait for the official word on the actual percentages from the CFL news centre.

Congratulations mr. rookie kicker.