Losing Interest for this season?

Brandon

I had very low expectations for this season so I could enjoy the games even if they lost almost all of them again as long as they were at least trying. Then they went and got my hopes up with the 5-1 start just to disappoint me all over again.

It's not the hopeless disappointment as last year, but it's still hard to maintain interest as they lose game after game and slowly become decimated with injuries with no decent replacements (wild, stoudemire, Moore).

Personally, I am always interested in the Bombers... yeah I actually went to every game last year  :wacko: .... I'll follow the CFL until the end.... NHL season doesn't really start till February IMO, so that's when the Jets will get more of my attention... right now it's all Bombers and NFL...

Losing interest?  Nah.... I'm a die hard fan.

I'm just disappointed that Walters has decided to sit on his ass & not bring in players to challenge the starters we have or for injury replacements. It's business as usual & I find that so frustrating as a fan. Management won't do anything to make the team better. It's almost like Wade Miller has told Walters to quit spending on the football operations side for this year & they've written the season off. Not saying Miller has but it seems strange that everything is status quo & we are on a 5 game losing streak. 

I didn't say I wasn't frustrated.

I doubt they've decided to stop spending on football ops.  Walters and O'Shea believe, rightly or wrongly,  in the players they've brought in.  They aren't going to make any real changes until the offseason when they sit back and go over the whole team again.  You and I and others disagree with it, but it is what it is.

not losing interest... never do!  until they're mathematically eliminated, there's still hope!  on the realist side of things, I just don't see them turning this around with who we have left on the schedule.  It has been pretty disappointing seeing the Bombers making such poor decisions in key parts of the game the last 2 weeks.

don't need to beat a dead horse, but going for it on 3rd down at the end of the second quarter killed momentum.  I know there are those who will say there's still lots of time with a whole half of football to play, but I just feel that was such a poor call, and really changed the entire momentum of the game.  Even late in the 4th with 7-8 mins left to go, put points on the board and kick that field goal.

I'll still be there next Saturday, as we have to beat Calgary to keep any chance alive... BC could already have pulled away by then. The East is strengthening, and Walters should be exploring options on the table to strengthen this team for next year. Other than guys like Willy, Denmark & Turner... I don't think anyone is untouchable for the right deal coming our way!

still watching every game, and scratching my head every time I see Kuale jump around celebrating after a running back gets 8 yards, or taking a stupid roughing play, or watching Romby tank another route and just shrug and go back to the huddle. I'm scratching my head because with those two playing almost every down, it's like we've only got 11 guys on the field on O and D. I was so desperate to see a win I watched the June 26th game over again. Kuale wasn't on the field for every down, and man did that make a difference. And of course, no Romby as we hadn't signed him yet. We really miss Nick Moore and Ian Wild.

Losing interest?  Nah.... I'm a die hard fan.

I'm just disappointed that Walters has decided to sit on his ass & not bring in players to challenge the starters we have or for injury replacements. It's business as usual & I find that so frustrating as a fan. Management won't do anything to make the team better. It's almost like Wade Miller has told Walters to quit spending on the football operations side for this year & they've written the season off. Not saying Miller has but it seems strange that everything is status quo & we are on a 5 game losing streak. 

I didn't say I wasn't frustrated.

I doubt they've decided to stop spending on football ops.  Walters and O'Shea believe, rightly or wrongly,  in the players they've brought in.  They aren't going to make any real changes until the offseason when they sit back and go over the whole team again.  You and I and others disagree with it, but it is what it is.

It's a big mistake. This team obviously isn't good enough & to stick with players that can't win is something I'd expect from Joe Mack not this regime. This season is fast becoming a write off now. This is not what Walters & Miller said they'd be doing when they were hired. Frustrating for me doesn't begin to describe how I feel. As far as being a Bomber fan goes, that'll never change as I have been a fan since 1965. Diamond anniversary next year, baby!!

This team obviously isn't good enough & to stick with players that can't win is something I'd expect from Joe Mack not this regime. 

oh come now, put down the haterade. Mack always had a stream of new players coming in and they made changes all the time. He just didn't make the kind of changes you wanted. Keep your arguments straight at very least. 

any thoughts that the Bombers are tanking to get to within top 3 on 2015 draft ?

Not even a thought worth this response, but I am bored. Tanking the CFL doesn't happen, with a single elimination playoffs all you need to do is make the playoffs and then go on a 3 game win streak and you're champions. For a draft that is as much of a crap shoot as the CFL draft is tanking is just worthless. 

tanking for a draft pick?  one need only look at Edmonton, who did only slightly better than us last season to see what kind of turnaround a team can make in one offseason!

that said... I do think Edmonton has overachieved all season, and will still lose first round come November!

any thoughts that the Bombers are tanking to get to within top 3 on 2015 draft ?

I did hear that the Bombers are interested in Connor McDavid. Now they only need to get him to lose interest in millions of dollars that he could get in the NHL to play for tens of thousands in the CFL.

Is anyone losing interest with the Blue for this season?  With all the losses and with the Jets and the NFL now on it seems to me that these boards are much more quiet......

It would of been nice if the team brought in a few guys who could of made a difference on the club... but with the same *talent* they have and with all the injuries it's pretty much expected that we won't win any more games this year...

I got tired of all the bitching and complaining about the same thing over and over... so... I still watch in in the peace and quiet, and keep my rants to myself (they are just as frequent however... but no one talks back). 

What I do not get about this place - who CARES if your team sucks, it's still your team.  Why can't you pick them to pieces and still have them be your team?  Why CAN'T you just look at the team critically without the sky is falling attitude?  I'm still going to watch every game I can, or listen to it.  God, I remember all the crap I got for not being super high on the team at the beginning of the year.  "They're a different team!" "Can't you just be happy for them?".  They made a LOT of positive steps this year.  BC and Sask are struggling as well.  Edmonton is 2-4 in their last 6.  Those teams all have a better supporting cast than the Bombers though. 

Actually i think these boards have been quite active, look at all the new topics started just in the last week or so, it's lots. Losing Interest? Nope we got 4 games to go, hopefully more and i plan on watching all of them. The off-season seems so long as is, i'd never lose interest during the season, for as awful and gong show like last season was, watched every game. 

Not really looking forward to a long off season. Sure the Jets are starting up soon and i'll watch them too. 

NFL? meh, NFL has been going on for a few weeks already and i have to admit, i maybe watched one full game.  The teams i like, well, seems like they aren't really on TV that often.

To be honest, I'm not a baseball fan at all but i'm more interested in seeing if the Kansas City Royals make it to the world series than any NFL games right now. 

Despite the struggles of the last seven weeks still only one game out and play the team we are behind so still lots of interest. Who knows we may fluke one out in Edmonton this week end and Ottawa beats BC and its a tie with three weeks left.

Fans come in various shades of fanaticism. Some are going to be falling off the bandwagon after the last 8 games.

I admit the quick start the BB had this season increased my hope of a quick return to the successful years of the past. I was impressed by the changes made before this season. I could see long term success or at least some semblance of normalcy which we haven't seen for a years in these parts. The building of the stadium also brought the feeling of professionalism even if the team was far from a professional one at the time.

I am still optimistic and I watched every minute of the last game even though I had a pretty good idea that a quick pick 6 on the road is a hard way to start a game for a struggling team. The team has regressed and probably wasn't as good as they seemed at the beginning of the season. 

I haven't commented much because I would rather celebrate than commensurate. Also even though I played Canadian style football (I prefer these rules to the NFL rules - kick offs are now meaningless) I haven't got a clue how a successful team is built. It looks like the Bombers are on the way but these last games do feel like a kick in the gut and steps backward.

PS:  being a fan is a pretty silly thing, cheering for a jersey, but I can't help it.

It's a weird feeling this year. The Bombers are not championship material, yet they're not out of it, just dying a slow painful death.

On top of my pessimistic feeling about the Bombers' remaining games, I've had a rough sports weekend:

Bombers blown out

Lions blow it

Tigers were swept

Michigan loses again

All of my teams sucked this weekend, and I'm deflated.

Yes on all three counts.