Losing Interest for this season?

Brandon

I'm also generously curious why you guy think if they bring in someone with 5 games left, that they would actually contribute in a positive way immediately.  

It's not just for this season. It has to be for next season as well & beyond. That's what competition & evaluating is all about. To find players to push some to play better & for others to push out the door. But to have a philosophy of we'll either win or lose with the guys we got isn't smart. It's what losing organizations do. We seem satisfied with the players we have... And now our record I guess as nothing seems to change. You can be a good fan but not be happy. If you support the team it's okay to ask questions.

Goes down much too easily. He never lowers his shoulder to run over people as he goes down on first contact. Never seen a back like that before. Well, there was one. Victor Ike in Calgary 10 years ago. Horrible back. Had something like a 2.5 yd rushing average. 

I'm also generously curious why you guy think if they bring in someone with 5 games left, that they would actually contribute in a positive way immediately.  

It's not just for this season. It has to be for next season as well & beyond. That's what competition & evaluating is all about. To find players to push some to play better & for others to push out the door. But to have a philosophy of we'll either win or lose with the guys we got isn't smart. It's what losing organizations do. We seem satisfied with the players we have... And now our record I guess as nothing seems to change. You can be a good fan but not be happy. If you support the team it's okay to ask questions.

Right - but injuries became a problem midway ish through the season (about when Wild went down, and Moore went out).  Bring in a guy midseason and he could be more of a hinderance than a benefit. 

Not sure if you, or anyone else remembers, but there was so much Walter love before a down was played - and I was not one of those people.  I said the year would play out and we'd find more then.  I thought he did "ok" then, and I think he's doing "ok" now.  The sky is NOT falling.  Even if we DID make the playoffs, how far they went would be... questionable.   

That said, I still love this team, and this game, and interest just doesn't go away because the team sucks.  

(and yes Grigsby is a problem.  I'm just saying I don't need twenty "sky is falling" posts to tell me that ;))

I don't see how anyone's lost interest or a dead forum for that matter around here.  That chat was hoppin too in the last game, so I don't see how that's the case at all.

I admit when college football is going on, I tend to only watch the bomber games and somewhat tune out the rest of the CFL, especially on Saturdays, but no interest is lost whatsoever on this season.

Right now, the team's going through the growing pains of becoming winners.  Every team's gonna have bad losses like we had last game, but I would only call a small handful of games that we've had this year bad.  Overall our team is more competitive than it's been in a while, and that's something fans all over the place here have forgotten.

I'm with KaptCrunch, I think this team is a team that's got a great future ahead of them.

My points to fix this team are:

1.  Keep drafting and scouting for O-linemen, one of these days we're gonna hit the right combo up front and give Willy the kind of protection he needs.

2.  Get rid of Kuale, I think he's the weak link on this defense.  Dropped that pick back in week 8 or whenever our first meeting with the melonheads was that potentially could've won that game, and while he has talent, he just doesn't get that talent with no discipline is useless.  He's the Ndamakung Suh of the CFL.

3.  Get a bigger more powerful runningback who just runs straight ahead at all times.  This is why I like Volny because he doesn't cut around and stuff, just runs straight ahead, but if he's not the answer, get someone else who runs with his style and puts the ball on the ground 0 times.  I think Grigs is okay on some runs or on screen plays, but lately I've come to believe he should not get the vast bulk of the carries.  We need an Avon Cobourne here.

I tuned in on the radio right before half time and then checked the score app late in the fourth quarter.

I had zero interest in watching the game before and after another blowout I definitely won't be setting aside time for the next game.

Wake me up when they start playing competively

I tuned in on the radio right before half time and then checked the score app late in the fourth quarter.

I had zero interest in watching the game before and after another blowout I definitely won't be setting aside time for the next game.

You might be asleep for a long time. 

What do you define as losing interest?

If it means you watch the games still and go out to the stadium, but don't care what happens, then sure, I've lost interest.

If it means you tune out and dont watch the games then no, I haven't.

I can't imagine how anyone who's a Bomber fan could care about this team anymore this season. I mean get really emotionally invested. They've checked out, how can you stay totally checked in? When I go to the game next week vs Calgary I'll be there to enjoy the new stadium and being around all my fellow Bomber fans, but win or lose it makes no difference. Will I be happier with a win? Of course. Does it matter? No.

Some of us are true fans and never lose interest. 

My hero. /sarcasm.

You might want to change your name to Rapunzel.