The Burris to SSK Saga

Zontar

Is there anything more bizarre than the abandoning of a Riders' fan hate level for Burris as the gold standard of a being a Rider fan in favour of trading for him becasue sticking with backups means you're not serious about salvaging the season and therefore not a real fan ?

It's truly surreal what's going on over there.

Is there anything more bizarre than the abandoning of a Riders' fan hate level for Burris as the gold standard of a being a Rider fan in favour of trading for him becasue sticking with backups means you're not serious about salvaging the season and therefore not a real fan ?

It's truly surreal what's going on over there.

Burris is not coming to Riders. The only people suggesting this are a couple imbecile journalists & a few drunk fans.

Is there anything more bizarre than the abandoning of a Riders' fan hate level for Burris as the gold standard of a being a Rider fan in favour of trading for him becasue sticking with backups means you're not serious about salvaging the season and therefore not a real fan ?

Burris is not coming to Riders. The only people suggesting this are a couple imbecile journalists & a few drunk fans.

But the fact fans are royally flip flopping on such a central and traditional concept of hating Burris and actually entertaining the idea of him returning.

If Desjardins trades Burris he should be fired. He had Glenn, treated him like royalty when they drafted him. Then like a piece of meat after he signed Hank. Later he traded Glenn to BC for a first round pick in this year's draft. Now he'd trade Hank? Talk about giving up to your fanbase. But at the same time I wouldn't put it past him to actually do something as stupid as that based on his track record as GM in Hamilton where he did a lousy job.

But the fact fans are royally flip flopping on such a central and traditional concept of hating Burris and actually entertaining the idea of him returning.

What do you expect from a bunch of bandwagon jumpers? The whole hate for Burris is stupid anyway, it's long past time they got over it. It was like 10 years ago he went to Calgary.

What do you expect from a bunch of bandwagon jumpers? The whole hate for Burris is stupid anyway, it's long past time they got over it. It was like 10 years ago he went to Calgary.

The funny thing is, if you remember the context of Burris signing in Calgary, he would've been crazy NOT too. 

Calgary offered big money, fresh regime & coaching, being named THE Starter, a job for his wife, and likely a condo & car. 

SSK offered big money and a last second flip from Shivers that he'd have to compete with Nealon for the starting job. 

The gap toothed homers have such an inferiority complex with Calgary its mind-numbing. 

The funny thing is, if you remember the context of Burris signing in Calgary, he would've been crazy NOT too. 

Calgary offered big money, fresh regime & coaching, being named THE Starter, a job for his wife, and likely a condo & car. 

SSK offered big money and a last second flip from Shivers that he'd have to compete with Nealon for the starting job. 

The gap toothed homers have such an inferiority complex with Calgary its mind-numbing. 

Yeah I just don't get it, Burris showed himself to be a true gapper with that move, leaving Saskatchewan to go to Calgary for a better job. They should love him because he truly is one of them. 

Not only that, Ottawa doesn't have any depth in their backups. They're instantly ****** (at least more than they already are) if they lose him.

And as much as Rider fans hate Burris, I don't even know that it was his decision to leave or not. I'm pretty sure it was because the Riders resigned Greene and didn't have cap space to sign Burris. 

Hanks nickname of Banks comes from the Saskatchewan fan base when he shunned them to sign in Calgary for more money.

Why else would Rider fans hate him if they were the ones who cut him?

And as much as Rider fans hate Burris, I don't even know that it was his decision to leave or not. I'm pretty sure it was because the Riders resigned Greene and didn't have cap space to sign Burris. 

No offense but how would you know? There's lots of us can remember exactly how it went down. Calgary wanted to make a big splash and sign a big name qb to wash the stink of the Feterik era off the team and they paid Burris a ton and gave him the starting job outright. Riders offered him nice money but they were keeping Greene around and wanted competition at the position. Burris doesn't like competition  and he likes gettin' paid so he went to Calgary. 

No offense but how would you know? There's lots of us can remember exactly how it went down. Calgary wanted to make a big splash and sign a big name qb to wash the stink of the Feterik era off the team and they paid Burris a ton and gave him the starting job outright. Riders offered him nice money but they were keeping Greene around and wanted competition at the position. Burris doesn't like competition  and he likes gettin' paid so he went to Calgary. 

Exactly. The fact that so many Rider dweebs took it personally was embarrassing. 

I actually felt bad for Hank. You only have so much time to make starter money so he was doing what was obviously best for him and his family. 

The gap toothed should've ripped Shivers a new one, not Burris. 

The Riders signed Nealon Greene first & immediately named him their starter. When FA came Hank knew that Greene would be starting & went to Calgary. That was both a Roy Shivers & a Danny Barrett decision. The Priders for some stupid reason blamed hank when it was those 2 who forced him out. Shivers knew he screwed up & started blaming Hank for leaving. All Rasta Roy was doing was covering his ass for making a mistake. 

Why should I be surprised that Calgary completely overpaid a player  ^_^ .

They seem to be the Ottawa of the west.

Why should I be surprised that Calgary completely overpaid a player  ^_^ .

This coming from a fan of the team that over shoots the salary cap without fail since it was implemented

No offense but how would you know? There's lots of us can remember exactly how it went down. Calgary wanted to make a big splash and sign a big name qb to wash the stink of the Feterik era off the team and they paid Burris a ton and gave him the starting job outright. Riders offered him nice money but they were keeping Greene around and wanted competition at the position. Burris doesn't like competition and he likes gettin' paid so he went to Calgary.

Why should I be surprised that Calgary completely overpaid a player ^_^ .

This coming from a fan of the team that over shoots the salary cap without fail since it was implemented

The ironing truly is delicious here yup..

No offense but how would you know? There's lots of us can remember exactly how it went down. Calgary wanted to make a big splash and sign a big name qb to wash the stink of the Feterik era off the team and they paid Burris a ton and gave him the starting job outright. Riders offered him nice money but they were keeping Greene around and wanted competition at the position. Burris doesn't like competition and he likes gettin' paid so he went to Calgary.

Why should I be surprised that Calgary completely overpaid a player ^_^ .

The ironing truly is delicious here yup..

How quickly they forget being on death's door as a franchise. 

Bunch of hypocrites. CFL's "greatest" fans -- such a joke. Maybe if by "great" you mean "insecure" and "two faced."