Time For The CFL To Levy Fines On The Refs For Tacky Calls

USABomberfan

Ellingson had the ball and pivoted to turn upfield, survived initial contact and then fumbled.  There's no way that's an incomplete pass.  Blown call on the field cost us 7 points, blown call on review cost us 3.

Sherman lost his lid on the play. Play is over at that point.

Nope, he just can't participate further.  He didn't have the ball.

Ellingson had the ball and pivoted to turn upfield, survived initial contact and then fumbled. There's no way that's an incomplete pass. Blown call on the field cost us 7 points, blown call on review cost us 3.

About the only thing they could do is award the Bombers the ball .. there would be no ability to advance the ball.

I know, that's why I said the blown call on the field cost our D a TD, and the blown review cost us 3 points.

Ellingson had the ball and pivoted to turn upfield, survived initial contact and then fumbled.  There's no way that's an incomplete pass.  Blown call on the field cost us 7 points, blown call on review cost us 3.

Ah .. difference between the CFL and NFL rule then ..

It's pretty much the same rule.  Play is only dead if the ballcarrier loses his helmet.  

It's pretty much the same rule.  Play is only dead if the ballcarrier loses his helmet.  

That's what I'm talking about (and assumed) that the CFL followed the NFLs lead in this case and blows a play dead when a player loses his lid.  I misinterpreted your original post.

Chalk it up to a Sunday morning lack of caffiene.

I'll chime in here. There was one situation a few years ago in the NFL game. I was watching a Chargers Broncos game in Denver. Rivers had thrown an "interception" . TV replays showed the ball hit the turf. San Diego challenged the play however the replay system wasn't working. As per NFL rules the ref Waited the allotted 2 mins and since the system still wasn't working Denver retained possession of the ball.

Yes it happens in the NFL too. Its annoying but it is part of the game.

I'm pissed that it happened. I'm pissed that the officiating is a joke. But WHY THE HELL CANT OUR OFFENCE SCORE SOME BLOODY TOUCHDOWNS!!!!! that burns my @$$ more than anything. Theses losses would be Wins if we could start putting majors on the board!

See my tough love (on Willy) thread - exactly what I've been saying. 9 td passes in 12 games. Not good enough

I'll chime in here. There was one situation a few years ago in the NFL game. I was watching a Chargers Broncos game in Denver. Rivers had thrown an "interception" . TV replays showed the ball hit the turf. San Diego challenged the play however the replay system wasn't working. As per NFL rules the ref Waited the allotted 2 mins and since the system still wasn't working Denver retained possession of the ball.

I'm pissed that it happened. I'm pissed that the officiating is a joke. But WHY THE HELL CANT OUR OFFENCE SCORE SOME BLOODY TOUCHDOWNS!!!!! that burns my @$$ more than anything. Theses losses would be Wins if we could start putting majors on the board!

See my tough love (on Willy) thread - exactly what I've been saying. 9 td passes in 12 games. Not good enough

Because real fans don't blame their team, they blame everyone else, lol.

KptKrunch, on 28 Sept 2014 - 12:09 PM, said:

captaincanuck12, on 28 Sept 2014 - 03:58 AM, said:

I don't think anyone denies that this O needs to get better.  O-line is still having issues, and I agree, Willy is playing in a bit of a funk right now, and no the refs weren't responsible for a mismanaged goal line situation at the end there, but again, that does not let them off for their incompetence and awful **** shows on these fields and the CFL is not doing anything to fix it.  Disgraceful.

I hope Glen Johnson gets fired at the end of this season, he is 100% to blame for sitting on his *** and letting these incompetent bums run around on our field screwing up everything.  What an idiot.

I'm not sure i can blame Glenn Johnson, He's the guy in the command centre. On reviews? sure i can blame him and he does deserve his fair share of blame but blaming him is really ignoring the real problems and that's the guys on the field blatantly missing obvious calls and calling super weak borderline penalties. Hard to blame Johnson when Kim Murphy doesn't call a roughing the kicker call last week and does this week on a play that was actually less roughing/contacting the kicker than the one last week where he didn't call it.

Not sure i can blame Johnson on the inconsistency as the inconsistency has been around for several years with the refs.  It's just lack of training, lack of consistency... I'll admit it, i watch other games and i've said it before and one more time, I don't care if they call penalties, its irrelevant to me really but at least if you are going to call one time on a borderline call, call it on the other team too. Consistency i think is key, and that's the problem, from game to game week to week, you don't know what you are going to get. I think part of that might be because this year they use different crews for every game, last year and seasons past i believe, they'd have lets just say kim murphys crew working games together and then lets say andre proulxs crew working together every game, this year they changed that up and the crews don't work with the same ref every week. That might be part of the issue there too cuz a lot of the times, it's not the ref that's throwing the flag, it's the other guys.. However the contacting the kicker call, well that's a direct result of the Ref just being blind or a moron or i dunno what. 

I'm more pissed at the contacting the kicker penalty and the non PI call on the last play.  The Ticats defender had a hold of the receivers jersey.    

Contacting the kicker should be instantly reviewed considering that they(punters) fake the seriousness of the hit the vast majority of the time. You'd think there was a sniper in the stands!

I'm more pissed at the contacting the kicker penalty and the non PI call on the last play.  The Ticats defender had a hold of the receivers jersey.    

Contacting the kicker should be instantly reviewed considering that they(punters) fake the seriousness of the hit the vast majority of the time. You'd think there was a sniper in the stands!

Little known fact .. CFL Punters / Place Kickers are part of the FIFA World Players Union .. ;-)

Well, whoever you blame whether it's that nutjob Glen Johnson or now resigning comish Mark Cohon, someone needs to do their job out there instead of putting up with this referee crap job that's costing teams games and robbing fans of ticket money.

It's ridiculous and the league is coming under fire from me for putting up with this.

Honestly, the biggest WTF this game was "we can't review due to technical difficulties with the command centre". WTF was that about. THAT IS BUSH LEAGUE STUFF.

The CFL IS bush league.  I love it, but that doesn't make NOT a bush league.

Well, whoever you blame whether it's that nutjob Glen Johnson or now resigning comish Mark Cohon, someone needs to do their job out there instead of putting up with this referee crap job that's costing teams games and robbing fans of ticket money.

It's ridiculous and the league is coming under fire from me for putting up with this.

Honestly, the biggest WTF this game was "we can't review due to technical difficulties with the command centre". WTF was that about. THAT IS BUSH LEAGUE STUFF.

The CFL IS bush league.  I love it, but that doesn't make NOT a bush league.

The CFL is a bush league? Lets look at the NFL's track record: sheltering woman-beaters, drunks, druggies, and child-abusers. All this from a multi-billion dollar "not-for-profit philanthropic" organization which is fighting court battles to deny their cheer-leaders health care or even minimum wage. And does not pay a penny in taxes.