The Music Thread

AtlanticRiderFan

All seven members of the globally mega-popular K-pop band BTS will be serving in the South Korean military, the band's label and management company, Big Hit, announced Monday.  Big Hit, says that BTS plans to come back together as a group "around 2025," after all seven members complete their service.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2021-10-07 at 10:34 AM, Noeller said:

literally just finished reading the Bachman story on Twitter just before I popped over here. Incredible. I've read 3 of RB's books and was quite familiar with the story of the lost Gretsch. Insane that they actually found it. I roll my eyes at this musician in Tokyo essentially holding it for ransom....get bent. But glad they worked something out anyhow...

If it was me I'd have given it for free. No questions asked. No reward expected. Just to shake Randy's hand with him saying Thank You would be reward enough. Nope. some people expect a financial windfall which is why the world is in such sad shape.

Adele Reveals Health Condition After Having To 'Waddle' During Vegas Show

Adele gave fans an update on her health this weekend, after she appeared to be moving at a slower-than-usual pace during one of her Las Vegas performances.

By all accounts, the 15-time Grammy winner was in good spirits as she took the stage on New Year’s Eve Saturday as part of her “Weekends with Adele” residency. In a short video obtained by the Daily Star, however, she acknowledged having a slight mobility issue as she distributed T-shirts to lucky concertgoers.

“I’ve got two more. I’ve just got to get over to the other side of the stage,” she said, as seen in the clip. “I have to waddle these days, as I have really bad sciatica.”

I just found out she passed away (now it's kind of too late for me to post this in the RIP 2022 thread since that's closed now but then again it didn't stop me from posting about James Cross a year after the fact) so I might as well post it here...I know her stuff mostly because three of her songs were used in the Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego game and of course the song used in both versions of the game is worth posting about again

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/20/arts/music/mary-mccaslin-dead.html

• 2 weeks later...

Marilyn Manson Accused Of Sexual Assault And Grooming A Minor In New Lawsuit

A woman identified as Jane Doe filed a lawsuit Monday alleging Marilyn Manson groomed and repeatedly sexually assaulted her beginning when she was 16 years old.

Filed in Nassau County Supreme Court in Long Island, New York, it names Nothing Records and Interscope Records as co-defendants and alleges intentional infliction of emotional distress and sexual battery by the musician, whose real name is Brian Warner.

A lawyer for Manson denied the allegations, calling them a “fabricated tale.”

In the filing, the plaintiff claimed Manson invited her “and one of the other younger girls” onto his tour bus when she was 16 after a 1995 concert in Dallas. He allegedly asked them how old they were before he raped the plaintiff, who was a virgin. The age of consent in Texas is 17.

“After he was done, Defendant Warner laughed at her,” the filing states, adding: “Then Defendant Warner demanded Plaintiff to ‘get the **** off of my bus’ and threatened Plaintiff that, if she told anyone, he would kill her and her family.”

The plaintiff alleges that one of Manson’s crew members provided her with a 1-800 number and a password so the two could be in contact. She started using drugs and alcohol to cope and continued to rely on them for years to come, according to the lawsuit.