The Music Thread

AtlanticRiderFan

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, a recording by Hal Lone Pine, former Winnipegger and father to Lenny Breau.  Randy Bachman has many stories to tell about growing up down the street from Breau when he was a teenager, and receiving informal guitar lessons in trade for hamburgers, you can clearly hear his influence in jazzier songs like "Blue Collar".

This song is from 1950 and Lenny was born in 1941, he was a boy genius guitarist, but this may be from before he joined the family band.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did the whole FolkFest (including camping in the festival campground) for the first time.  What an amazing experience with more great music and performers than I could believe.  Really wondering why I hadn't done it before.

Can't believe Charley Crockett evaded my radar prior, but his set absolutely blew me away.  Now this is country music!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone heard of the "super group" called the company band? The singer from clutch and musicians from cky I think?

Maybe bam margeras brother. Anyway it's out of my wheel house a bit, but I'm found myself digging the really dirty, almost blusey rock song.

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, Noeller said:

God, 15 year old me would lose his **** at a Green Day/Pumpkins double bill.... 

38 year old me would lose his **** now watching Rancid open! I looooove Out Comes the Wolves, it's hands down front to back my favorite punk album of all time

Edited by MOBomberFan
typo