The Music Thread

AtlanticRiderFan

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

All my friends liked Nirvana, I liked Blind Melon more... so just a little love to Shannon Hoon on the anniversary of his death.

All my friends liked Nirvana, I liked Blind Melon more... so just a little love to Shannon Hoon on the anniversary of his death.

Loved em both.  That was a great time in music for sure.

2 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Not a country music fan at all, but Chris Stapleton coming to Winnipeg as the only Canadian stop on his tour is pretty cool. That guy has one of the best voices in music, IMO.

you don't have to be a "Country music fan" to like Stapleton. He's more in the vein of 70s Southern Rock than anything, and is absolutely one of, probably, the Top 5 voices in all of music right now. If you haven't seen him live, it's an incredible show. He can sing, he can write, and he can absolutely shred on guitar....

well at least next year the Beatles can be eligible, but man when was the last time a movie soundtrack made this much noise at the grammy's? (that wasn't Disney) I want to say Oh Brother Where Art Thou. The Barbie movie soundtrack got 11 nominations

https://deadline.com/2023/11/2024-grammy-nominations-list-1235599092/

Edited by iHeart

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not going to lie I don't remember ANY of the original songs that were in the Barbie movie (I mean an upside to this is the possibility that Ryan Gosling has to perform I'm Just Ken) The only ones I do remember are the older ones that made it into the film (Including Matchbox Twenty's Push and my thought was "Thanks Barbie movie I haven't heard this song in awhile" and the fact that one artist collaborated with Aqua and we hear a bit of Barbie Girl in the song

https://deadline.com/2023/12/barbie-dominates-golden-globes-original-song-1235662365/

Edited by iHeart

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...