Patriots release Jason Vega

Mr. Perfect

What do you guys think on Burke being luke warm to Vega coming back?

I think you are confusing non commital with lukewarm. Burke stated clearly that he would like Vega back and hopes the "right deal" can be worked out. That's why they are saying he was non-commital. Imo, that's not being non-commital....that's part of negotiating.

Just as long as we're not in the mode of players with other organizations (even if they played for us) aren't worth pursuing. I got so sick & tired of hearing that from Mack & that's why I soured on the guy. Right now, we should be bringing in guys to compete at nearly every position that needs upgrading with NFL cuts  coming. Better not  hear that garbage in the off season anymore.

Just as long as we're not in the mode of players with other organizations (even if they played for us) aren't worth pursuing. I got so sick & tired of hearing that from Mack & that's why I soured on the guy. Right now, we should be bringing in guys to compete at nearly every position that needs upgrading with NFL cuts  coming. Better not  hear that garbage in the off season anymore.

I hope you are right Iso.  I agree.

If Vega wants to come back, sign him.

While DLinemen are not one of our big issues, Vega is a good player and should be able to help the team, besides if nothing else it would at the very least push Mainor to back-up.

Im not sure whos better between Mainor and Vega right now. But Vega would be a great add for rotational and versatility purposes regardless.

However, Vega is not some superstar End. He's very inconsistent with Pressure, but very good against the run and containment.

Mainor's stepped up pretty huge this year. It would be interesting to see who would be the starter.