Kuale on CJOB

Floyd

Pretty obvious that O'Shea realizes an airlift of prospects is not going to be brought in at this time of the season to save the day and Walters confirmed that the other day.  Bombers have to run with the horses they have at this point with the occassional prospect emerging from the PR to compensate for injuries.  I expect the D backfield to suvive the off season but the LB crew and D-Line might look a lot different going into next season.

Which is complete and utter horseshit for the half way point of the season in the heat of a playoff race. It's this kind of attitude that gets you eat'in alive by the press.

I'd bet my life that O'Shea hasn't spent one second thinking about how the press will react to anything since the season started.  Why?  Because it is completely inconsequential to his job of winning football games.  Dropping 5 NFL cuts onto the field next week has a high probability of affecting that outcome negatively.

Pretty obvious that O'Shea realizes an airlift of prospects is not going to be brought in at this time of the season to save the day and Walters confirmed that the other day.  Bombers have to run with the horses they have at this point with the occassional prospect emerging from the PR to compensate for injuries.  I expect the D backfield to suvive the off season but the LB crew and D-Line might look a lot different going into next season.

Which is complete and utter horseshit for the half way point of the season in the heat of a playoff race. It's this kind of attitude that gets you eat'in alive by the press.

I'd bet my life that O'Shea hasn't spent one second thinking about how the press will react to anything since the season started.  Why?  Because it is completely inconsequential to his job of winning football games.  Dropping 5 NFL cuts onto the field next week has a high probability of affecting that outcome negatively.

Well 1 - 4 isn't winning football games now is it?

And who's to say that adding 1 or 2 NFL cuts wouldn't have a positive affect on the results, or can you see the future too?

And who's to say that adding 1 or 2 NFL cuts wouldn't have a positive affect on the results, or can you see the future too?

No, my brain just works normally.  Pull in a guy who's conditioned to play American football, give him 3 days to learn the playbook, good luck.

We can look at the recent past and see how NFL cuts are handled in todays CFL... unless it's a guy who has previously played here, the guys you add when NFL cuts are willing to come to the CFL generally sit on the PR for a while before they get to play, if they get to play at all. If you are plugging a new to the CFL NFL cut directly into the lineup it's because you are desperate for a warm body. The days of NFL cuts coming in and instantly starting and making a difference are long over. 

No, my brain just works normally.  Pull in a guy who's conditioned to play American football, give him 3 days to learn the playbook, good luck.

You think Mo Legget is our defensive MVP because of his experience witrh the CFL game? Guys a straight up baller no matter what league it is. Talent trumps experience and we lack talent.

You think Mo Legget is our defensive MVP because of his experience witrh the CFL game? Guys a straight up baller no matter what league it is. Talent trumps experience and we lack talent.

Mo Leggett had a full training camp.  Apples to oranges.  Anyone they bring in at this point they are looking at for next season and will only play in desperate circumstances. 

This whole airlift debate is funny...

An 'airlift' is bringing in one, possibly two, NFL cuts.  Every year, the guys who argue against it overblow things to be 4-5 guys... this just simply does not happen.

A DL and a power back would make a difference to this team...  like the way Chad Simpson did when he was 'airlifted' in...  or like the way Stoudermire and Kromah were 'airlifted' in earlier this season.

Signing guys mid-season helps - hopefully one of these DEs are already in town... now I just wish we would find a Thigpen.

This season reminds me a bit of 2007...  and I would say this team has the most potential to win the grey cup since one - way more than our 2011 crew.

Edit:  Wait a minute... Simpson wasn't airlifted, he was just injured... anyway you get the point.

Mo Leggett had a full training camp.  Apples to oranges.  Anyone they bring in at this point they are looking at for next season and will only play in desperate circumstances.

BS Mo Leggett was a stud the day he stepped on the field, same thing in the NFL when he was KC rookie of the year. Guy is straight up baller no matter what league, talent trumps experience and you know it so just quit it.

An 'airlift' is bringing in one, possibly two, NFL cuts.  Every year, the guys who argue against it overblow things to be 4-5 guys... this just simply does not happen.

A DL and a power back would make a difference to this team...  like the way Chad Simpson did when he was 'airlifted' in...  or like the way Stoudermire and Kromah were 'airlifted' in earlier this season.

Signing guys mid-season helps - hopefully one of these DEs are already in town... now I just wish we would find a Thigpen.

This season reminds me a bit of 2007...  and I would say this team has the most potential to win the grey cup since one - way more than our 2011 crew.

Edit:  Wait a minute... Simpson wasn't airlifted, he was just injured... anyway you get the point.

Guess you'll just have to wait and see how many guys they add to the PR when it expands.

Guess you'll just have to wait and see how many guys they add to the PR when it expands.

PR has nothing to do with an 'airlift'...  you know that.

Airlift is bringing in starters - every year the PR expands after NFL cuts

BS Mo Leggett was a stud the day he stepped on the field, same thing in the NFL when he was KC rookie of the year. Guy is straight up baller no matter what league, talent trumps experience and you know it so just quit it.

Glen Suitor better watch out!  You're coming for his chair.

lol, I can't top that.

Find a situation where a good team (we are over .500) brought a CFL rookie up from down south and put them onto their roster in the 2nd half of the season in this decade (2010s).  We did last year because it was basically an extended 2014 training camp and we basically lost our entire OL at one point so Knapp and Jones got tossed to the wolves.  Just doesn't happen.

Find a situation where a good team (we are over .500) brought a CFL rookie up from down south and put them onto their roster in the 2nd half of the season in this decade (2010s).  We did last year because it was basically an extended 2014 training camp and we basically lost our entire OL at one point so Knapp and Jones got tossed to the wolves.  Just doesn't happen.

That's easy, Kenton Keith.

not so easy because he's not applicable to the stated criteria. 

Pretty tight qualifiers I'll agree but let him prove me wrong, the 'X-factor' was signed late in the season iirc but I don't remember which, only him running all over us in the playoffs at home, big upset too.

To be fair Walters told us his plan when he was first hired as GM. Slow and steady through the draft.  Some may not like it but you have to give the man credit for sticking with his plan. 

With the cross-over option available and the recent QB injuries to other teams at this point it's nye impossible to predict whether the Bombers make the play-offs or go on to a Grey Cup appearance.  I think serendipity is going to play a large role in where Western teams end up.

Pretty tight qualifiers I'll agree but let him prove me wrong, the 'X-factor' was signed late in the season iirc but I don't remember which, only him running all over us in the playoffs at home, big upset too.

I was curious so I did a quick google search of Kenton Keith... here's something you should pay attention to:

Keith signed with the Saskatchewan in December of 2002 

so how are you trying to pass him off as a mid season acquisition?

Why?  I'm not arguing in favour of an airlift...  airlifts are for losing teams.

I wanted DL, Walters signed some - if Hall was available, bring him in but it doesn't seem that way.  I'd rather see JFG than Bryant and Kromah instead of Kuale but aside from DL and RB, I'm not worried about our personnel.

Again, I think its more MB and Etch influencing Bryant and Kuale's playing time than anything... plus some residue from Burke and Mack's lack of respect for vets - forgive Oshea for being gunshy...  trouble is we just ended up with the wrong vets this year.

I think injuries play a role in some guys playing or being forced to play, with Moore out, Romby comes in. JFG is still on the roster tho. He just gets less snaps. Would i live to see him get more? Sure but... Like i said, with Moore injured.

Kuale? well, Wild is hurt right now, there does seem to be some loyalty to him, guess maybe its lack of depth, maybe its the fact that maybe just maybe he's not as terrible as some make him out to be or maybe its because it's passed the veteran cut down date and if we released him, we'd be paying him for not playing. The other thing is, for as many stupid penalties as Kuale takes, or let's say took vs SASK, it was a missed block on a fg that cost us that game. Even with all the penalties, a missed block on a fg cost us that game.

No doubt MB and Etch have some say but.. I think at this point in time, we are stuck with who we have. Not because we aren't trying to get better but because like many others have said, there isn't some CFL all star sitting on the sidelines right now, and if there is, he's probably not willing to give up his NFL aspirations just yet. I'LL be more concerned if in the off-season we don't find a replacement for Kuale and Bryant. 

I think injuries play a role in some guys playing or being forced to play, with Moore out, Romby comes in. JFG is still on the roster tho. He just gets less snaps. Would i live to see him get more? Sure but... Like i said, with Moore injured.

Kuale? well, Wild is hurt right now, there does seem to be some loyalty to him, guess maybe its lack of depth, maybe its the fact that maybe just maybe he's not as terrible as some make him out to be or maybe its because it's passed the veteran cut down date and if we released him, we'd be paying him for not playing. The other thing is, for as many stupid penalties as Kuale takes, or let's say took vs SASK, it was a missed block on a fg that cost us that game. Even with all the penalties, a missed block on a fg cost us that game.

No doubt MB and Etch have some say but.. I think at this point in time, we are stuck with who we have. Not because we aren't trying to get better but because like many others have said, there isn't some CFL all star sitting on the sidelines right now, and if there is, he's probably not willing to give up his NFL aspirations just yet. I'LL be more concerned if in the off-season we don't find a replacement for Kuale and Bryant. 

Dad?  Is that you?  Because I feel like you just took everything from my last post, agreed with it but somehow reworded it to make it seem like we're arguing...

Dad?  Is that you?  Because I feel like you just took everything from my last post, agreed with it but somehow reworded it to make it seem like we're arguing...

Family suppers must be a blast for you.