What Happens If We Beat The Ti-Cats?

Blitzy

I believe yesterday Burke mention that Walters was interim GM and it just hadn't been announced yet .... pretty much common knowledge I think ...

I also don't think it's much of a stretch in reasoning to assume that Walters would move into that interim role.  He's familiar with the club .. the operations .. and has is feet wet on the management side of things .. it's the smoothest move and the one least likely to cause waves (at a time when there needs to be SOME stability). 

What I'd be concerned about is if he got the fulltime gig without so much as anyone in the organization batting an eye lash.  Until then, Walters as interim GM makes sense.

wait walters as interm GM wasn't official as soon as mack was canned? Ok here's my inside scoop guys... it's going to get dark as soon as the sun goes down tonight. Can't tell you my source but trust me. 

better let Lawless know.  Right now he's following a leak that told him Germans live in Germany....

The "I feel betrayed" comment was a little melodramatic.

It was actually ridiculous.  Goltz was showing off his acting chops big time.  I know Iso would agree with me on this one - if that had happened during the reign of Cal Murphy Justin would already be calling his acting coach and business manager about getting into the next Robin Williams movie, because his football career would be over.

I'd love nothing more than a win at IGF, don't get me wrong. But if that win comes from a Buck Pierce-led 2nd half charge, then I'll be nervous. Just think with Miller's comments on winning now and playoffs, and the fact that Buck got bumped up one slot, they are just waiting to put him in. Hoping, no praying, I'm wrong and they stick with Hall or Goltz.

here's my question, were they told exactly why before or after the media talked to them? Cause that makes a huge difference. If it's just damage control afterwards that's terrible. 

Kyle Walters said on Camera this morning, that he has fixed that particular lack of communication problem this morning with those particular players.

Kyle Walters said on Camera this morning, that he has fixed that particular lack of communication problem this morning with those particular players.

so did he crap on the coaches or the players?  If the players were clearly communicated with as Tim Burke stated they were, and still went and whined to the media about lack of communication, then I hope Walters tore both Buck and Goltz a new one this morning.

so did he crap on the coaches or the players?  If the players were clearly communicated with as Tim Burke stated they were, and still went and whined to the media about lack of communication, then I hope Walters tore both Buck and Goltz a new one this morning.

Totally agree...If Burke told them in a way they knew exactly where the bear sh** in th Buckwheat, then they should of got a strip torn off them this morning, If they were told by a head coach earlier who hasn't got a clue what he is saying until it leaves his mouth...well then...

I feel like Kyle Walters and Wade to a lesser extent need to get a better grip on what's happening at a molecular level regarding the players. The message Goltz sent yesterday shows that there's dissention in the ranks no doubt. 

What I see is a lack of the team mentality. Yes Justin was "betrayed" (I don't believe that's the right word) but at the end of the day he's a Blue Bomber, and should be willing to assist the team in any way he can, or someone else will.

I can understand why Goltz is upset though. After the game Burke was very clear that Goltz has been better than Pierce and that the receivers really let him down a lot at the end there and was in general very supportive of the guy.... and then he turns around and tells him he's #3 on the depth chart. To me that would really feel like the boss is lying to me about where I stand. 

I can understand why Goltz is upset though. After the game Burke was very clear that Goltz has been better than Pierce and that the receivers really let him down a lot at the end there and was in general very supportive of the guy.... and then he turns around and tells him he's #3 on the depth chart. To me that would really feel like the boss is lying to me about where I stand. 

Oh yeah for sure! But at the end of the day it's football, and I think he's got to man up and deal with it better than he did. I hope we see some more interviews with a better attitude later on in the week.

One thing that sometimes gets overlooked is just how young these players are. We put them on a pedastal because they're pro athletes, but they're stil just little kids for the most part. I think they can be forgiven for sometimes speaking without thinking everything through first. Hell, I'm 33 and I still do it far more than I should. Ya, they're pros and they need to act like it, but they're still human and just young'uns, for the most part. 

Maybe, but crying to the media isn't going to get him his job back.  In fact it will probably have a negative effect.

I feel like Kyle Walters and Wade to a lesser extent need to get a better grip on what's happening at a molecular level regarding the players. The message Goltz sent yesterday shows that there's dissention in the ranks no doubt. 

What I see is a lack of the team mentality. Yes Justin was "betrayed" (I don't believe that's the right word) but at the end of the day he's a Blue Bomber, and should be willing to assist the team in any way he can, or someone else will.

Everyone is talking about this "betrayed" word but considering how Justin answered the question, I think the reporter likely asked him "Do you feel betrayed?" or some variant of that.  Still doesn't make Goltz correct for airing this out in the media, but I would bet that knowing this town's media it was a leading question.

Everyone is talking about this "betrayed" word but considering how Justin answered the question, I think the reporter likely asked him "Do you feel betrayed?" or some variant of that.  Still doesn't make Goltz correct for airing this out in the media, but I would bet that knowing this town's media it was a leading question.

I thought the exact same thing when I heard it.

I don't see it as a big deal honestly. If he's feeling like that then let him air it out, see how he feels after it's had some time to sink in. Too many people want all these players to just be emotionless robots. At least Goltz cares. 

Many, including myself criticized Pierce for not being supportive when he was benched.  Can't just criticize Pierce and not Goltz for the same mistake.

This has been a major problem with the team since Mack arrived, players being handed starting roles without having earned them by beating out the incumbent. That is why all teams have a #1 QB until the next guy steps in and takes his job, nobody has taken the #1 job from Pierce and until someone does, he should still be #1. Same goes for every other starting position on the team. It's going to take time to correct the damage done by Mack but it will come.