Chiefs release Weston Dressler(Updated: Now signed by Riders)

gbill2004

Cotton sits, Romby Bryant is let go. I'd prefer to have Matthews though if both were available. I think he would fit better with the receivers we have and would probably be a lot cheaper. He could add a whole new dimension with his height to the current core. Dressler would be an amazing addition who would probably already have some chemistry with Willy, but I believe he would have to come at a crazy cost.

The bidding war begins...

If he signs with the Riders, I wonder if he plays this Sunday? 

Do the Bombers try to make a big splash and try to sign him?  Who would you prefer the Bombers sign...Dressler or Matthews?

...Can't it be both...? ....Like the late Earl Warren..?

Matthews and Dressler

Cotton sits, Romby Bryant is let go. I'd prefer to have Matthews though if both were available. I think he would fit better with the receivers we have and would probably be a lot cheaper. He could add a whole new dimension with his height to the current core. Dressler would be an amazing addition who would probably already have some chemistry with Willy, but I believe he would have to come at a crazy cost.

I think I'm OK with that. Maybe Stoudermire can be the emergency RB if ever Grigsby goes down.

Matthews is a glorified Greg Carr is a glorified Aaron Kelly.....Dressler is a multi-talented A-List receiver, and would likely become our best offensive weapon (after Willy...)

And the two guys (Dressler and Willy) might have some familiarity with one another .. coming out of Saskatchewan .. that can't hurt from a chemistry standpoint.

Matthews and Dressler

I think I'm OK with that. Maybe Stoudermire can be the emergency RB if ever Grigsby goes down.

We already have an emergency running back...Volny

Aaron Kelly is 6'5 already so it's not like we don't havea guy with his size.. I'd take Dressler over Matthews in a heartbeat.

I'd prefer to have Matthews though if both were available.

Dressler is the better player AINEC,

I don't know what AINEC means but absolutely Dressler is better thn Matthews.

And It's Not Even Close

Thanks. And agree.

I saw some evaluation of Mathews as not putting in the effort in NFL camp. He seemed to lose interest in CFL before. If he can't get up for NFL he won't be any good at all here. I remember him as a guy who could play not a guy who loves to play. You can't play this game half way.  On second thought I might be confusing him with Greg Carr. All tall skinny receivers look alike to me.