Green is the new Orange?

cdnfreak

So google came across this article for me this morning. 

http://cjme.com/story/bc-lions-riled-green-new-orange-billboard/408742

and I looked for a BC perspective

http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2014/08/21/lions-president-skulsky-guarantees-win-over-roughriders/

First thing I thought was, meh this is exactly what the Riders do to us. Then I read further and see that they are putting a serious bet behind their hate for the Billboard. 

What do you think, typical Riders? Is this prediction really wise? My initial thought was that the Riders would win in BC and I'm not sure this changes anything.

what do you guys think of the lions guaranteeing a win or they will give tickets to one of the final 4 football games? The Bombers tried this in the 90s although I believe they won the game and didn't have to pay out

What's in it for Lions season ticket holders? If the Lions lose do they get a credit for one game on their account for next season?

what do you guys think of the lions guaranteeing a win or they will give tickets to one of the final 4 football games? The Bombers tried this in the 90s although I believe they won the game and didn't have to pay out

Might have actually been the Troy Kopp game. We did win it... Was either the Argos or Riders that we played.

Wow, so BC lost tonight, how many people actually take advantage of this bet that the president made?

I would think quite a few. BC president failed to tell everyone to read the fine print. The seats will likely be freebies in the rafters that are never full anyway.

Wow, so BC lost tonight, how many people actually take advantage of this bet that the president made?

I would think quite a few. BC president failed to tell everyone to read the fine print. The seats will likely be freebies in the rafters that are never full anyway.

having sat up there many times I can say they are still darn good seats. It's a beautiful stadium. Its too bad the hipster-douchebags in Vancouver can't fill it.

having sat up there many times I can say they are still darn good seats. It's a beautiful stadium. Its too bad the hipster-douchebags in Vancouver can't fill it.

If the CFL would only realize hipster-douchebags are not their target market they would stop trying to appeal to them and build stadiums on the outskirts.  Their target market should be suburban-lawncutting-mojoes and freakin-farmers-from-yonder-fields.

If the CFL would only realize hipster-douchebags are not their target market they would stop trying to appeal to them and build stadiums on the outskirts.  Their target market should be suburban-lawncutting-mojoes and freakin-farmers-from-yonder-fields.

I don't think the CFL had much to do with where Vancouver decided to build BC Place.

It's capacity is 54,000. You expect that every game?

Actually, capacity is closer to 60K (59k and change if I remember correct).

But when metro Vancouver has a population of around 2.3 million .. it's a bit comical that the Lions can't routinely draw 35k+ to the dome.

I don't think the CFL had much to do with where Vancouver decided to build BC Place.

Can't see why they can't move it, all they need is a few farmers with big tractors to haul the thing out to Langley or Maple Ridge!

But when metro Vancouver has a population of around 2.3 million .. it's a bit comical that the Lions can't routinely draw 35k+ to the dome.

Meh. We didnt sell out the moose

According to Wikipedia it's 54,322.

They used to, back in the Sweryn Mervyn days. As someone already said, if Winnipeg can get out 34K then BC should be able to get at least that or more to their games. It's kind of pathetic when 25,000 people show up to watch a game in a facility that almost every other city in North America would die for.

They used to, back in the Sweryn Mervyn days. As someone already said, if Winnipeg can get out 34K then BC should be able to get at least that or more to their games. It's kind of pathetic when 25,000 people show up to watch a game in a facility that almost every other city in North America would die for.

It really speaks to the future of the CFL that they're losing the marketing/brainwashing battle to the NFL and that globalism is sweeping Canadian culture into the dustbin of history.  Take notice of how every "Mom and Pop" restaurant, motel, whatever is being swept away by a "brand name" replacement.  Never thought I'd see the day when Canadians would embrace Budweiser beer as their beer of choice when we produce so many superior beers, but sad to say those days are here.

It really speaks to the future of the CFL that they're losing the marketing/brainwashing battle to the NFL and that globalism is sweeping Canadian culture into the dustbin of history. Take notice of how every "Mom and Pop" restaurant, motel, whatever is being swept away by a "brand name" replacement. Never thought I'd see the day when Canadians would embrace Budweiser beer as their beer of choice when we produce so many superior beers, but sad to say those days are here.

I dunno about that last part. I go a lot of places and all they seem to have is hipster beer.

I dunno about that last part. I go a lot of places and all they seem to have is hipster beer.

and by hipster beer what you really mean is good beer right? Cause all the mass produced pilsners are fizzy yellow water. Can't blame people for demanding more from a beer. 

It really speaks to the future of the CFL that they're losing the marketing/brainwashing battle to the NFL and that globalism is sweeping Canadian culture into the dustbin of history. Take notice of how every "Mom and Pop" restaurant, motel, whatever is being swept away by a "brand name" replacement. Never thought I'd see the day when Canadians would embrace Budweiser beer as their beer of choice when we produce so many superior beers, but sad to say those days are here.

Might just be that if you're going to "hipster places" and everyone around you is drinking "hipster beer" you might actually be a hipster yerself.   My hips bother me before it rains but I don't consider myself to be much of a hipster nowadays.