Ameet Pall

Mr. Perfect

Did nothing with 2 prior teams. Never played a down as a Stampeder. Quit the Stamps as a PR player to go home to Montreal where he joined the Alouettes. In 3 years, was he even on the active roster as an Als player? I know he never played on the DL in games when he was there. Did he at least play ST's? If not then why would we want a guy who isn't good enough?

Did nothing with 2 prior teams. Never played a down as a Stampeder. Quit the Stamps as a PR player to go home to Montreal where he joined the Alouettes. In 3 years, was he even on the active roster as an Als player? I know he never played on the DL in games when he was there. Did he at least play ST's? If not then why would we want a guy who isn't good enough?

Double dose of 'crotchety pills' today?

I saw Pall at Stamps training camp  in 2011. He was getting killed in drills. He couldn't beat the man in front of him in one on ones. He got pushed back time & time again. He never beat the guy in front of him. He just got beat. During the exhibition season he seemed invisible in games. Wasn't impressive at all. One of the worst draft picks Huff ever made. Pall was put on the Stamps PR because of an injury & eventually ended up in Montreal later that year where as far as I know, didn't do much in the seasons after he got there.

Bearpants & Floyd, he's not good enough. He got released mid season in his 3rd season as a player. He's never started. He's not even a good ST player or he'd have stuck around in Montreal. Why would he even be worth a look? Time & time again, players that get released at this point in their career have reached their potential. It may not do any harm to look but it seems like a waste of time.

Can't really speak to Pall and his abilities, but I've been saying we could use another NI behind Thomas since 3 minutes after Lucas went down.  I'd have no opposition to bringing him in on the PR and taking a look at him for one simple reason - if OShea doesn't think he'll fit in he'll be gone by the end of the day.

Bearpants & Floyd, he's not good enough. He got released mid season in his 4th season as a player. He's never started. He's not even a good ST player or he'd have stuck around in Montreal. Why would he even be worth a look? Guys that get released a this point in their career  have reached their potential.

This description matches what I used to think about several of the players on our current roster.

With Pall, no reason to think he'd break the mold.

Did Pall kick your dog or something?  We're talking about bringing him in for a couple practices not making him captain of the team.

What's the cost of bringing him in, $5000?  $10,000 if they keep him for a month before sending him home?  All I know is it's not free and not the wisest way for the BB to fritter away money if he's got nothing new in his bag.  Talking to previous employers and looking at film is a lot cheaper way to evaluate fringe players.

Did Pall kick your dog or something?  We're talking about bringing him in for a couple practices not making him captain of the team.

Why are you taking what I say so personally? I think you're overreacting. Whether he comes here or not isn't a big deal. I'm trying to give you an opinion on the guy based on my own observations & that's all so why get so upset?  

I said I saw Ameet Pall at Stamps camp as a rookie & he showed that he can't play. I'm someone who actually went to training camp that year to see how he was doing & followed him during the exhibition season in 2012 because he was the Stamps first round pick. Pall showed very little in training camp & the exhibition season that year. He started off training camp fairly strong but his performance dipped everyday as camp went along. Instead of improving  he started to regress & the way the Stamps OL dominated him as camp went on was pretty evident. Pall only had a couple of moves & once the hoggies figured him out he couldn't compete. He physically wasn't strong enough to beat any of the Stamps offensive linemen. When he played in the pre season that season he didn't show much of anything. Then he got injured & was put on the PR. Pall's done nothing since to change my mind as he hasn't played much, if at all in Montreal.

Sure the Bombers can bring him in for a look see but that still costs the team money & he has to be paid when he's here. I don't think you build good teams based on quantity as in a "What have we got to lose?" mentality. You build them on quality. Why bring in a non descript National DL who hasn't stuck on 2 teams & was a first round draft bust? How can he help us? Hasn't even proven he's a decent depth player or special teamer. Maybe Walters brings him in & maybe he doesn't. Maybe third time lucky is a charm for Pall. Maybe it isn't. 

That has nothing to do with anything. I  can have an opinion but you're making this out to be a bigger deal than it is. Almost like you're taking it personally. I said I saw this guy at Stamps camp as a rookie & he can't play. I'm someone who actually went to training camp curious to see how he was doing & followed him during the exhibition season in 2012 because he was the Stamps first pick that year. Showed very little in training camp & the exhibition season that year. Pall's done nothing since to change my mind. Sure the Bombers can bring him in for a look see but...you don't build good teams on quantity. You build on quality. Why bring in a non descript National DL who hasn't stuck on 2 teams & was a first round draft bust? How can he help us? Hasn't even shown he's a depth player. Oh sorry, there's still fans here that think Jade Etienne should be brought back so why am I not surprised? 

Hey Etienne has proven a hell of a lot more than Pall has. He was actually able to get into some games and record some stats. 

I would agree with ISO it does not seem like it is worth the time nor money, the effort put in to give him a shot again would be better spent on those we know have better potential and have already proven they have that potential. 

Like Ted Laurent?

That has nothing to do with anything. I  can have an opinion but you're making this out to be a bigger deal than it is. Almost like you're taking it personally. I said I saw this guy at Stamps camp as a rookie & he can't play. I'm someone who actually went to training camp curious to see how he was doing & followed him during the exhibition season in 2012 because he was the Stamps first pick that year. Showed very little in training camp & the exhibition season that year. Pall's done nothing since to change my mind. Sure the Bombers can bring him in for a look see but...you don't build good teams on quantity. You build on quality. Why bring in a non descript National DL who hasn't stuck on 2 teams & was a first round draft bust? How can he help us? Hasn't even shown he's a depth player. Oh sorry, there's still fans here that think Jade Etienne should be brought back so why am I not surprised? 

Hey Etienne has proven a hell of a lot more than Pall has. He was actually able to get into some games and record some stats. 

Yes, I'll give Jade that. He did play albeit briefly.

I would agree with ISO it does not seem like it is worth the time nor money, the effort put in to give him a shot again would be better spent on those we know have better potential and have already proven they have that potential. 

Like Ted Laurent?

You can't be serious? Not in Pall's wildest dreams... Get real.